Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

There is a more recent 1.42 Patch available for the game via Super Patcher.

As I said before, I am a member of the Simblr Community on Tumblr. Quite a few people (even PC users) have also been experiencing crashes with Seasons. I came across this post on my Dashboard and felt I needed to share it with you all, as this may be able to solve our problems.

28hkdph.jpg

This is the page where you can download the Super Patcher for Mac: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/549552.page

I'm definitely going to try this. :)

Comments

• jodiferousjodiferous Posts: 20 Member
    edited November 2012
    I'm downloading it now.

• RachelPeddersRachelPedders Posts: 42
    edited November 2012
    jodiferous wrote:
    I'm downloading it now.
    Me too. I really hope this works. :(
    edited November 2012
    The suspense is killing me. If this works, you are a genuine hero!
    edited November 2012
    jodiferous wrote:
    The suspense is killing me. If this works, you are a genuine hero!
    6 minutes left! And it's not me that's the hero, it's the lovely user from Tumblr. <3
    edited November 2012
    And here I thought the only thing Tumblr could help me with was gifs of Supernatural. (the tv show, not the EP)
    edited November 2012
    jodiferous wrote:
    And here I thought the only thing Tumblr could help me with was gifs of Supernatural. (the tv show, not the EP)
    Oh, there's so much more to it than that. :wink: I don't know where I'd be without that community.
  • MissRedsox19MissRedsox19 Posts: 19 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Ok - DL'd the Super Patcher.

Loading game now to see... *fingers crossed*
    edited November 2012
    Oh my god, I just went into the dresser and changed my sim's clothes. Shirt, pants, shoes, no problem. What is this miracle?
  • MissRedsox19MissRedsox19 Posts: 19 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Super Patcher gave me 8 min of play time before it crashed.

:( I am heartbroken
  • MaikenvvMaikenvv Posts: 14
    edited November 2012
    jodiferous wrote:
    Oh my god, I just went into the dresser and changed my sim's clothes. Shirt, pants, shoes, no problem. What is this miracle?

DId you install the patch before of after Seasons?
    edited November 2012
    After. To be clear, my game patched to 1.42 before installed Seasons.Started crashing all the time, especially in CAS. So I installed the superpatacher, and so far, things in CAS seem pretty good. I'll need to play awhile to see if it helps with the other general crashes.
  • Crystal_ZeldaCrystal_Zelda Posts: 102 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I have that patch, and my game still crashes like crazy but at least it gives me a bit of playtime before it goes.

My game now will allow me to go into CAS and Build/Buy mode for a little bit of time, and even save, but it'll inevitably crash 5 minutes later, even if the game works well until them. Sigh!
  • hmw33hmw33 Posts: 29
    edited November 2012
    I downloaded the Super Patch and played for about 30 minutes before my game crashed. This isn't great, but it's better than before when it was just 10 minutes.

Thanks for giving us the info!! I'm still hoping for a patch from EA that fixes things.
  • Candy810Candy810 Posts: 52 Member
    edited November 2012
    I'm trying this now. Thanks for the help. I was in a LiveChat and they disconnected on me....
  • MasqueradeDiva3MasqueradeDiva3 Posts: 114 Member
    edited November 2012
    I'm downloading this right now. I really hope this works. I've been having the same problems too. I have a Macbook Pro that I bought in 2011. Before I downloaded the 1.42 patch my game was working pretty well. I would get the exception raised window sometimes but that was after maybe 2 hours of gameplay. I would save it often so even thought it was annoying I could somewhat tolerate it. After downloading the 1.42 patch my game would crash every 20 min. Exactly every 20 min. And I was so excited for Seasons and it arrived yesterday and I installed it and what did it do, it crashed right after I placed the festival park lot. I did it again and place the lot and get back to my family but then it crashed like 2 min later. I looked online on the forums and thought maybe it was crashing cuz I had bad CC so I found a thread that shows what CC is bad and went through all my CC and found some bad CC and deleted them. I tried to play again thinking that would solve the problem. It didn't. I then deleted my caches and it still didn't help. I then proceeded to call EA. The guy was really nice but he didn't really solve anything. He told me that it might be my video driver and that it wasnt up to date. But it is. And he was like "Well you might want to call Apple and see if they can help you. It might be your computer." I called Apple and they were like it's probably your game. You're computer sounds fine. The guy at Apple told me that my only solution would be to use Bootcamp and buy Windows 7 and install it on my computer thru Bootcamp and install on my games on there. Switch from OS X to Windows to play my games. I was considering it but then I realized that most of my Sims games were digital downloads and they were Mac downloads. So I don't wanna spend more money buying all the disc of other expansion packs.

I really hope this works. Cuz I will cry if it doesnt. I have invested so much money in these games. You would think that EA Games and Maxis would be more considerate when it comes to these things. My friend is good with computers and into graphic design and what not and he said that all these companies that make games have a deadline to meet to release the games. So regardless of if there are glitches or if it crashes and what not they will release them this way because they have to meet their deadlines. And us as consumers unknowingly buy the games and only realize later that the games are very problematic. (Or as in this case right away as soon we attempt to play the game) The thing is I wish these companies would realize that they wouldn't be anything without us, the consumers. Sometimes I wish we would all boycott but we wont. We continue to buy the games. *Sigh

I really hope this helps though. I will cry tears of joy if it does. I will cry tears of sadness if it doesnt.
  • mcruthiemcruthie Posts: 83 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Hello there,

Can I please ask for those who have installed the patch what version you have now? Is it 1.42.130.019.0001? This info can be found in the info.plist file.

Macintosh HD > Applications > The Sims 3 > The Sims 3 > Contents > Info.plist
  • iceplayer45iceplayer45 Posts: 27 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Tried this, still crashing :/ Though my Crash report says its “Cider” that is causing the problem. Im assuming its a problem Cider and with how they are using the Wrapper on the game.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited November 2012
    If it's reporting a Cider problem then it's probably RAM issues which are the problem. The game thinks it's running in a 32 bit version of Windows XP.
    apple-signature.png
  • iceplayer45iceplayer45 Posts: 27 New Member
    edited November 2012
    If it's reporting a Cider problem then it's probably RAM issues which are the problem. The game thinks it’s running in a 32 bit version of Windows XP.
    Ive also gotten the “raised Exception” Crash as well. Ive never had a problem with either of these. I think they should just make a Mac OS X version instead of a wrapped version… Oh well i guess i can dream can’t i? haha
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited November 2012
    They used to use Aspyr to make a native Mac version of TS1 & TS2. Sadly they went the Cider route for TS3 which means we get the same launch dates as Windows users (more money for EA as more Mac users buy the game) but a substandard product. EA licence Cider from Transgaming so it's up to EA to improve the "wrapper". Which is currently YEARS out of date.
    apple-signature.png
  • extremeasaurextremeasaur Posts: 2,701 Member
    edited November 2012
    this patch is 1.2 GB. that's insane! no patch should be that GIGANTIC.
    edited November 2012
    I am testing it now.. the game is now at 1.42.130.019.0003
  • willowsomethingwillowsomething Posts: 27
    edited November 2012
    okay, EA still hasn't emailed me back so I'm testing the super patcher now but it says on my launcher that I'm running "version 16.0.136.019001"...um what?

edited November 2012
    okay, EA still hasn't emailed me back so I'm testing the super patcher now but it says on my launcher that I'm running "version 16.0.136.019001"...um what?

Hi willowsomething,

This means that the one included in the superpatcher is later than your version now.
    edited November 2012
    I would say the patch has included some fixes. Before, I would get alot of errors (from Errortrap mod). After the patch the errors were gone.

My game crashed at CAS though while I was selecting an everyday attire. I played for about 30 mins. It's not the fix that everyone is waiting for but it does help a little.