Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spooky day questions!

Okay, so I read that you can go trick or treating and that if you're a teen/child, you can dress up and select the costume. Some people were having issues saying they were unsure of HOW to select, others were saying you cannot and then there were people who said you could and then explained that. Then it got me thinking about other stuff. :P

When the kids/teens go trick or treating, do they actually come back with stuff? If so, what? Is it edible? My sims love food. :mrgreen: Can the adults dress up too? And can they give out candy (or whatever it is that sims give out)? Can the toddlers dress up? Can they have candy? :-o And is there a party type for Spooky Day?

TY in advance!! :lol:

Comments

• Options
    Ozzie1985Ozzie1985 Posts: 418 Member
    edited November 2012
    I think trick or treating is mainly for the kids in seasons. I had Bella and Morty dress up when I got the notification about trick or treating to hand out candy but no kids came by so I think that you can only go trick or treating. I kind of wish that adult sims could hand out candy.
  • Options
    xJustBreathexJustBreathe Posts: 220 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Ozzie1985 wrote:
    I think trick or treating is mainly for the kids in seasons. I had Bella and Morty dress up when I got the notification about trick or treating to hand out candy but no kids came by so I think that you can only go trick or treating. I kind of wish that adult sims could hand out candy.

Booooooooo. :( Teen sims like to have fun too. >_> And so do I, it'd make it more realistic. :/ At least they can dress up.
  • Options
    brittanyleahbrittanyleah Posts: 1,919 Member
    edited November 2012
    Adult sims can hand out candy. My sim was cooking and got the interaction to go to the door and give the kids candy.

As of the kids actually being able to eat their candy I'm not sure. I don't have any sim kids to test it out lol
  • Options
    tharidgetharidge Posts: 15 New Member
    edited November 2012
    My kid went trick or treating and came home with candy in his inventory. It was very cute!
  • Options
    perfectvelvetperfectvelvet Posts: 739 Member
    edited November 2012
    According to the blog about Spooky Day, they primarily get candy (which they can eat later) but they can also get a rare gnome.
  • Options
    Ozzie1985Ozzie1985 Posts: 418 Member
    edited November 2012
    Adult sims can hand out candy. My sim was cooking and got the interaction to go to the door and give the kids candy.

As of the kids actually being able to eat their candy I'm not sure. I don't have any sim kids to test it out lol

Perhaps the kids of S.V are too scared to go up to the Goth manor,lol. Now I'm tempted to move Bella and Morty into the town and hopefully the kids were approach their home.
  • Options
    edited November 2012

What, really? That's awesome! Do your sims have to buy the candy to give away or is it just automatic?
    tharidge wrote:
    My kid went trick or treating and came home with candy in his inventory. It was very cute!

Can't wait to send mine! :P
    According to the blog about Spooky Day, they primarily get candy (which they can eat later) but they can also get a rare gnome.
    Cavities for my simmies! :mrgreen:
    Ozzie1985 wrote:
    Perhaps the kids of S.V are too scared to go up to the Goth manor,lol. Now I'm tempted to move Bella and Morty into the town and hopefully the kids were approach their home.

I would be too, actually. :?

And thank you everyone :D Helpful answers. I'm so excited to get my game tomorrow.
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    edited November 2012
    The children can eat the candy mine did, but the only thing I have trouble with the trick or treat is half of the time nobody is home lol
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    nekobear wrote:
    The children can eat the candy mine did, but the only thing I have trouble with the trick or treat is half of the time nobody is home lol

In your household or do you mean the townies? I could imagine, hence the reason I need to overpopulate my town. :wink: