Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone Not Having Problems playing on an iMac?

Is anyone not having any problems with their game since installing seasons? I will be using an mid 2011 iMac so I'm kind of curious....
Thanks
Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11

Comments

• MaikenvvMaikenvv Posts: 14
    edited November 2012
    Mine just crashes all the time on my iMac, since updating to 1.42. After reading all the other problems, I'm not going to install Seasons.
  • SimNowSimNow Posts: 222 Member
    edited November 2012
    And if you're not having problems could you let us know your specs please. Curious minds are curious!
  • GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited November 2012
    SimNow wrote:
    And if you're not having problems could you let us know your specs please. Curious minds are curious!

After I get the game I'll let you know how it goes. :)
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • char_ry2011char_ry2011 Posts: 146 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I'm having BAD problems on my 27" Late 2011 iMac computer.

Crashes within 5 minutes
    CAS is impossible!
  • RachelPeddersRachelPedders Posts: 42
    edited November 2012
    My Mid-2011 iMac is crashing after about 5 minutes of gameplay. Prior to installing Seasons, my game ran like a dream. EA, please release a patch so that we Mac users can play Seasons too. :x
  • bellatriz01bellatriz01 Posts: 7
    edited November 2012
    Im playing on a late 2010 Macbook Pro with Snow Leoppard 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and 4GB of memory. I played for about an hour and it worked fine. I didn't play long enough for a change in season though but was able to make a new family and enter the CAS screen
  • Nina4040Nina4040 Posts: 13
    edited November 2012
    I have an iMac that I bought in early 2009. I am not having any problems with Seasons.

The most recent EP I have is Showtime. I once read that a number of Sims players suggest always doing a completely clean install everytime there is an EP. Uninstalling, cleaning out Preference folders and Cider preferences, etc. I was having problems with Showtime, remembered what I had read, Googled it and followed the instructions for a clean installation, and, when I tried my game, it was wonderful. I also noticed that the overall game play was better and ran smoother.

I picked up Seasons yesterday and just straight installed it. It crashed and crashed and gave the "Do you wish to debug" message. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, but it kept happening. I then just figured I would wait for a Patch, as I did not feel like doing the complete reinstall, but then it gave me the error message when I tried to play with just the Showtime EP! I decided to do the clean reinstall. It took a few hours, but it was TOTALLY worth it. The game is playing and plays better overall. Smoother and less laggy. I played for an hour without my Nraas mods, because I was scared to add them, but then the stupid memories started driving me crazy. I added my usual Nraas mods (I use about 10) and still no problems.

I really love this expansion. I have had three straight days of rain showers and thunder storms. Tomorrow is the first day of fall.

Hope this helps.