Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasonal Clothing

I have been playing with Seasons for a few hours and I can't figure out which clothes are appropriate. It says that Fall is 43 degrees F but I grew up in Arizona and Texas - that is WINTER. It's hard to tell which jackets are appropriate and I don't see any overcoats. Am I missing something?

Thanks

ETA - I found the outerwear category but I'm still not quite getting the hang of it. My sims seem to be unhappy no matter what the weather. Boo.

Comments

• Timitu9Timitu9 Posts: 96 Member
    edited November 2012
    I *Think* (I don't know cause I am just heading out to go pick up the game myself) that they will put on their own winter clothes when they feel cold.

Anyone who has the game might know better on how to help.
    CanadaDaySig.png
  • chasingAJchasingAJ Posts: 802 New Member
    edited November 2012
    They did eventually put their outerwear on to go outside but they are still hit and miss about the umbrellas. I'm not sure why. It seems like a lot of the glitches that I've encountered fix themselves the longer I play. It's very odd. :shock:
  • MykalaplyMykalaply Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited November 2012
    ETA - I found the outerwear category but I'm still not quite getting the hang of it. My sims seem to be unhappy no matter what the weather
    this. Plus they get the soaked mood-let for being out in the rain, no matter what they wear. I hate that they stop using the umbrella's every 2 sec. I have to constantly click on it for my Sims to use it. :(
  • brittanyleahbrittanyleah Posts: 1,919 Member
    edited November 2012
    chasingAJ wrote:
    I have been playing with Seasons for a few hours and I can't figure out which clothes are appropriate. It says that Fall is 43 degrees F but I grew up in Arizona and Texas - that is WINTER. It's hard to tell which jackets are appropriate and I don't see any overcoats. Am I missing something?

Thanks

ETA - I found the outerwear category but I'm still not quite getting the hang of it. My sims seem to be unhappy no matter what the weather. Boo.

Lol I know what you're saying about 43 degrees being our winter. It never snows in Arizona either ha
  • SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    edited November 2012
    hahahah Yeah 43 degrees here is considered winter to. Tennessee hardly ever see that type of weather ;[
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • BethanyelizabethBethanyelizabeth Posts: 28 Member
    edited November 2012
    In England 43 degrees is hotter than summer
  • cocosam966cocosam966 Posts: 190 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Haha, I'm with you girl! Winter is that cold where I live. Anyways, during fall, usually what's appropriate is like, a semi-heavy jacket, pants, boots, gloves, and a scarf. I don't have the game yet, so idk what's available, but maybe try those things? A hat too, perhaps.
  • LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited November 2012

43 F is pretty chilly. 43 C is hot. :P
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • SimssLoverrSimssLoverr Posts: 122 Member
    edited November 2012
    can you choose celsius instead of fahrenheit? :)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited November 2012

I think so -- there's probably a button or check mark in the area where you set the rest of the weather. 8)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • SimssLoverrSimssLoverr Posts: 122 Member
    edited November 2012

I think so -- there's probably a button or check mark in the area where you set the rest of the weather. 8)

Ok, thanks!
  • lataya24lataya24 Posts: 329 Member
    edited November 2012
    u wear blazer, jackets for winter down looking coat for winter if u are still not sure google fall trends 2012 and u get some ideas. hope that help.I am trying to sort my cc add all the that for summer but i wait and hope no i pray they update there designs to outwear only. U know what i wish they made it so u can have summer,fall and so on in a different section so when ppl make clothes they can choose if it only for fall or summer so that way every1 can dress different for the seasons i really hate house jumping except during prom where i got to make sure every1 dress right.
  • DandeelionDandeelion Posts: 369 Member
    edited November 2012

43 Fahrenheit is about 6 degrees Celsius (roughly).

It was around that this weekend and I felt pretty cold. Certainly wouldn't want to go out without a coat and would even wear gloves and a scarf. Brr!
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited November 2012
    The funny thing about the temp. is when you have been dealing with some pretty cold temps, when it hits 43 I have been guilty of wearing shorts. Yes I live in Arkansas now, but I was an army brat, so I have lived in many different locations growing up.