Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Taking forever to load after travel to "China"

I haven't played S3 in about 6 months, but downloaded supernatural and preordered Seasons. The game was playing fine with Supernatural... I created a witch and began playing her. Then created a vampire and moved him in.. still all was fine, they have a cat... they work.. everything good. Then they got married and traveled to shang simla for their honeymoon. The game was incredible choppy throughout, and then it began to severely lag. When I got them home the problem persisted. One of the sims had an opportunity that he completed and the completion music just kept playing over and over and wouldn't stop. by the way, she is pregnant now and so is the cat...

Anyway, I noticed last night that saving a game would take upwards of 20 minutes even if I'd only played a few minutes. And today, trying to load it has been going on 45 minutes. I cleared the caches this morning hoping that would help, before I tried to load the game, but first it sat on a black screen for 20 minutes before it even played the theme song, then when the game menu popped up I clicked this family and it's been 15 minutes and the load bar hasn't moved or shown progress. Getting a little frustrated at this point and not sure what caused the problem but this reminds me of my OLD computer... the one I replaced in order to be able to play Sims 3 in the first place a couple years ago... My specs more than meet your requirements and as mentioned earlier, the game ran fine without lag prior to visiting another country. Is there a way to fix this on my own?

Comments

• Options
    sigildaggersigildagger Posts: 42 Member
    edited November 2012
    Here are few links you might want to check out about the topic:

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Improving_Sims_3_Performance

http://🐸🐸🐸🐸.bestgoo.com/t4692-game-lag-possible-fixes

Of course its also possible it has something to do with a bad patching or corrupted game file. Check modthesims.info for more information about it, if you think that might be the case.

Though first I'd try to reset all the sims in the city. Open cheats console: press [shift] + [crtl] + C, then type resetSim * to reset all the sims in the city, if it worked they'll be teleported to their lots. If the problem is persistent, try creating an other game and see if you have the same problem. If so, you'll probably need to uninstall the supernatural, though remember to take a copy of your game files if you do this. For more info, again check about appropriate topics on modthesims.info I've found the site to be very nice source of information about such things.
    Sigil's Sims 4 Adventures
    sigildagger.blogspot.fi.png
    Gallery ID: sigildagger
    #empty #unfurnished #starter houses with #noMOO and #noCC
  • Options
    SK_InspiredSK_Inspired Posts: 89 Member
    edited November 2012
    when I said I deleted caches, I meant in documents... I just noticed under program files 86, the way the game used to store things, in the world adventures folder, there are 3 more caches, one for each country. Can those be deleted because they are each almost 1 gb worth of data.
  • Options
    sigildaggersigildagger Posts: 42 Member
    edited November 2012
    Messing with program files would be an extreamly bad idea, would most likely just mess your game even more if not break it. You are free to seek other opinions though.
    Sigil's Sims 4 Adventures
    sigildagger.blogspot.fi.png
    Gallery ID: sigildagger
    #empty #unfurnished #starter houses with #noMOO and #noCC