Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Digital Downloaders

So since today 11/12 is here when do you think we will start downloading? will it be midnight Pacific time or will origin let us download early? Any ideas?
2v9ekhx.gif

Comments

• mightypinkymightypinky Posts: 83 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I read somewhere for east coast not before 12h30 am but I'm going to check every hours after 9h tonight and really try at 12h30am.
  • KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    edited November 2012
    An origin tech support worker told a simmer that its available for download at 12 EST.
  • twirlergirl102twirlergirl102 Posts: 15 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I just posted this same question! I ordered my digital download from Game Tree Mac. I am Eastern Time Zone in the USA so I am anxiously awaiting the same thing. But here is this. I found a countdown clock on Zupidoo's website that goes along with my eastern time zone. So let me know if you figure anything out!

http://www.zupidoo.com/games/the-sims-3-seasons :-)
  • confluentsconfluents Posts: 230 Member
    edited November 2012
    No one's very sure whether it's be midnight eastern or midnight each individual timezone, but it will be midnight, yes. There are about six hours left til midnight here in eastern time.
  • cgdesilvacgdesilva Posts: 13 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I have pre-ordered the last 3 through origin and I'm in the central time zone. The last EP released just before midnight last time, so here is to them doing that again. 8)
  • FillerAveFillerAve Posts: 80 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I'm on the east coast and I'm hoping for midnight! I'm staying up :)

It better be, considering some who ordered the hard copies already had theirs arrive today. I feel EA should be rewarding those of us looking to decrease their carbon foot print, rather than have us get shafted cause the hard copies arrived early. I wish they would have released the DD today, since some of the hard copies arrived early.
  • cgdesilvacgdesilva Posts: 13 New Member
    edited November 2012
    FillerAve wrote:
    I'm on the east coast and I'm hoping for midnight! I'm staying up :)

It better be, considering some who ordered the hard copies already had theirs arrive today. I feel EA should be rewarding those of us looking to decrease their carbon foot print, rather than have us get shafted cause the hard copies arrived early. I wish they would have released the DD today, since some of the hard copies arrived early.

I concur, the game is already on walmart shelve here, and in light of finding out that some have even got theirs from ea, it would do no harm to open download servers early. I only choose digital download because I then do not have to keep up with disks. We pay the same amount as the hard disk copy, but they don't have to costs of the disk, packing or employee costs to add the data to the disks, so I think EA you have been doing digital download a little to long to keep letting us get the shaft. There is nothing worse than feeling like you got the better deal only to find out you didn't. I almost wish I would have waited because I could run 5 mins to Wal-Mart and be playing by last night.
  • turistas9turistas9 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited November 2012
    there is no "offical" time .. when you hit the 12 am mark in your area.. just keep an eye on your email. should have 3 emails from origin
  • DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,757 Member
    edited November 2012
    Gametree sends you a notification email when your download is available.
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    edited November 2012
    When I spoke to them earlier .i was told that it would be ready for dl at midnight EST however, a bit later I saw that someone else asked and was told 12:00 PST so, I have no idea now.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • MGSFan612MGSFan612 Posts: 3,429 Member
    edited November 2012
    I got my email for Showtime around 12:30 AM EST and for Supernatural at about 12:45 AM EST but i know some people got them earlier than that.(closer to midnight) of course I live in the Eastern timezone so I don't if every timezone in NA gets it as 12 midnight EST.(although from posts in previous topics it seems that way.)
  • RavernaRaverna Posts: 192 Member
    edited November 2012
    Got my key from green man gaming less than an hour ago (not sure when it was available, I checked two hours ago and they didn't have it). Now downloading from origin.

• JULIETTE_JUVENILEJULIETTE_JUVENILE Posts: 14 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Raverna, since your downloading from Origin may I ask what time zone/country you're in?(: Just wondering so I can figure out when us EST people may be able to.
  • RavernaRaverna Posts: 192 Member
    edited November 2012
    I'm in SE Asia (GMT +7). I think the release date for the region is probably friday like most non US countries, but GMG.com gave me US version so I got the key today instead of friday.