The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Late Night vs. Supernatural

Hello,

Just wondering about some things...

1. Can't you be a vampire in the Late Night version?

2. If so, are there any other similarities between the 2 expansions that would sway me to NOT buy Supernatural?

3. I had many problems with Late Night and uninstalled hoping patches would be released. Will I miss out on some super play experience by skipping Late Night and going straight to Supernatural? Or should I give it another shot since there have been patches released?

Thanks!

Comments

• sigildaggersigildagger Posts: 42 Member
    edited November 2012
    I doubt there's much you'd miss. I didn't bother doing any vampires in Late Night, because of all the draw backs there where during the day. In Supernatural you can create a sun screen for vampires via alchemy, so that broadens the horizon a lot. Not to mention, in Supernatural you can create your vampire in CAS, or any other creature you wish, as opposed to Late Night where you have to pick an already existing vampire to play with or get one to turn you.

Personally though, I haven't yet played vampires, so don't intimately the hows and whats of it. Still, Late Night gives you the vampire specific hang-outs, though Supernatural offers ones for all supernaturals.
    Sigil's Sims 4 Adventures
    sigildagger.blogspot.fi.png
    Gallery ID: sigildagger
    #empty #unfurnished #starter houses with #noMOO and #noCC
  • Wreck_DiverWreck_Diver Posts: 691 Member
    edited November 2012
    Hellcat305,

1.) I believe you can be a vampire in Late Night if you so desire. If I recall correctly by chronological EP and patch, you need to become friendly enough with a Vampire that you can convince the vampire to turn you.

2.) Supernatural adds the ability to become a witch, werewolf, fairy or genie which surpasses and expands Late Night's options as far as supernatural traits, but it also adds additional skill sets like Alchemy and many new Achievements.

3.) You can take either route, but I think that Late Night offered quite a bit in terms of skills like Mixology, drink recipes, catchable fish, and catchable insects that aren't as available in subsequent worlds. Bridgeport was a well done and scenic city, though it REALLY needed ellacharmed3d's Bridgeport routing fixes and twallan's Overwatch before the busy new world was truly playable without the crippling lag attributed to unroutable Sims.
    There but for the Grace of God go I.

http://www.facebook.com/PublicSafetyDiver
  • Hellcat305Hellcat305 Posts: 83 Member
    edited November 2012
    You can take either route, but I think that Late Night offered quite a bit in terms of skills like Mixology, drink recipes, catchable fish, and catchable insects that aren't as available in subsequent worlds

Good Point. I DO like me a good 100% on collectibles.
    Bridgeport was a well done and scenic city, though it REALLY needed ellacharmed3d's Bridgeport routing fixes and twallan's Overwatch before the busy new world was truly playable without the crippling lag attributed to unroutable Sims.

Could you elaborate Wreck_Diver? I'm not familiar w/what you're talking about. Are these homemade patches made by users or something? Do you use them in conjunction with the official patches? Do these measures make Late Night playable, or just playable enough? In other words, does the effort match the payoff?
  • GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited November 2012
    Vampires in Supernatural are improved version from vampires in Late Night.
    They are everything that Late Night vampires are plus many new options. :wink:
    edited November 2012
    [quote=Hellcat305Could you elaborate Wreck_Diver? I'm not familiar w/what you're talking about. Are these homemade patches made by users or something? Do you use them in conjunction with the official patches? Do these measures make Late Night playable, or just playable enough? In other words, does the effort match the payoff?[/quote]

As scenic as Bridgeport was, there were some major flaws with EA's stock routing. When non-player character Sims ran into routing issues, the user's processor would work harder and harder to find a solution to the routing issue which resulted in increasing lag.

This would be compounded by vehicular traffic routing issues as more and more NPC cars like taxis lost routes and becamed traffic jammed.

Ellacharmed has consistently resolved programming oversights and routing flaws with the Sims 3 worlds as long as the Sims 3 has been in production. Her routing corrections have quite literally made each world playable with the reductions in routing-related lag.

The link for her Bridgeport fix is http://nene.modthesims.info/download.php?t=452601

I can't recommend her routing fixes strongly enough; you'll just need to download S3PE (http://www.den.simlogical.com/denforum/index.php?topic=1440.0) freeware to install the corrections.

Twallan is also a major benefactor and he released the Overwatch mod which addressed stuck vehicles, stuck and unroutable Sims, and Sims that fell out of elevator cars and got trapped in elevator shafts in Bridgeport.

Twallan's Overwatch (Version 87) is at thttp://nraas.wikispaces.com/Overwatch and it should be bookmarked as all the twallan / NRaas mods should be updated with each new Sims 3 patch or each new revision.

edited November 2012
    @Wreck_Diver

Oh My.

I have never modified my game before..except maybe to remove old newspapers that I couldn't delete..if that even counts..lol. I'm not that tech savvy, and I've read a lot of stuff about how mods can screw up your game just as badly? Any truth to that in your opinion?

BTW, thank you very much for that detailed reply..i really appreciate it! :D
    edited November 2012
    Hellcat305 wrote:
    @Wreck_Diver
    I have never modified my game before..except maybe to remove old newspapers that I couldn't delete..if that even counts..lol. I'm not that tech savvy, and I've read a lot of stuff about how mods can screw up your game just as badly? Any truth to that in your opinion?

With twenty years in both law enforcement and fire fighting, I can only offer the contradictory advice that you trust no one, and then trust me.

ellacharmed and twallan have been offering corrective actions as long as the Sims 3 and the subsequent releases have been mucking up PCs, so I have years of confidence in their mod addendums and the results of their corrections.

Your results may vary if you extend outside of ellacharmed, twallan, Buzzler, Dolphin, or Winterhart but it's safe to say that the mods on ModTheSims.com have been a grateful reprise from some of the coding issues found in the stock game.

• sigildaggersigildagger Posts: 42 Member
    edited November 2012
    Hellcat305 wrote:
    @Wreck_Diver

With twenty years in both law enforcement and fire fighting, I can only offer the contradictory advice that you trust no one, and then trust me.

ellacharmed and twallan have been offering corrective actions as long as the Sims 3 and the subsequent releases have been mucking up PCs, so I have years of confidence in their mod addendums and the results of their corrections.

Your results may vary if you extend outside of ellacharmed, twallan, Buzzler, Dolphin, or Winterhart but it's safe to say that the mods on ModTheSims.com have been a grateful reprise from some of the coding issues found in the stock game.

Modding can be risky, if you have no idea what you're doing, so be ready to read up on things, and if you're still confused about something be sure to ask, before you try to blunder your way around. Googling about the mod you're considering is not a bad idea either, and always make sure it has been adjusted to the latest patch and what ever expansion/stuff back you're using.

Secondly, modthesims can be found here these days: http://www.modthesims.info/
    They have good instructions about mods and how to install them and what not to do also.
    Sigil's Sims 4 Adventures
    sigildagger.blogspot.fi.png
    Gallery ID: sigildagger
    #empty #unfurnished #starter houses with #noMOO and #noCC
    edited November 2012
    Thank you Sigildagger..I really have no idea what I am doing when it comes to mods, and reading up on it is certainly something I will do, although chances are that will confuse me more..haha. I wish there was a Mod for Idiots book or something. I will probably need a step by step guide geared more for a 2 year old. :?
    edited November 2012
    @Wreck_Diver

Ok, so here's my other thought...

I stopped playing Sims 3 just about 10 months ago, with the intention of waiting for new patches and new expansions. In that time I've aquired Generations, Showtime and Supernatural, but have not installed them because I knew more expansions were coming and no doubt, more patches. So here we are, the day Seasons comes out, so I'm going to go out and hopefully purchase that one today as well.

Now, I was just going to add these expansions to my already existing sims 3 file, so that I could play my already existing family, but now I'm thinking of scrapping my family, uninstalling everything, and starting from scratch. My thinking on this is I will have less issues with a new family playing with old expansions, vs. an older family playing with new expansions. What is your take on this?

edited November 2012
    Hellcat305 wrote:

Now, I was just going to add these expansions to my already existing sims 3 file, so that I could play my already existing family, but now I'm thinking of scrapping my family, uninstalling everything, and starting from scratch. My thinking on this is I will have less issues with a new family playing with old expansions, vs. an older family playing with new expansions. What is your take on this?

I think that as long as you have the hard disk space available, it would be well worth updating Origin and then updating The Sims 3 launcher and then installing Generations, Showtime, Supernatural, and Seasons if you pick it up today.

Just remember to clear your game cache files before starting to play, as The Sims 3 REALLY doesn't like new software and old cache files.

If you are attached to your family, you can keep right on playing where you left off with a whole new range of skills and recipes and Achievements to occupy you.

Uninstalling and reinstalling everything and starting a new family from scratch is always an option, but I don't know that there would be a benefit to the undertaking.