Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

selling my sims games

i have some Sims 3 games i'm selling, here the list

the Sims 3

the Sims 3 PLUS pets

the Sims 3 late night

the Sims 3 world adventures

the Sims 3 ambitions

the Sims 3 high-end loft stuff

the Sims 3 town life stuff

any suggestion on how and where to sell them?

Comments

• TaylacfcTaylacfc Posts: 2,098 New Member
    edited November 2012
    at a car boot sale perhaps or a game shop sell it to them??
  • lizmac21lizmac21 Posts: 555 Member
    edited November 2012
    i don't live any where close to either of those, walmart and kmart is all i have
  • MungyMungy Posts: 222
    edited November 2012
    Although I never use it, if you have access to a PC (which as you're posting I assume you have) there is allways Ebay and other online shops you could try.
  • cameranutz2cameranutz2 Posts: 941 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Craig's List
  • BunkysPrincessBunkysPrincess Posts: 21 New Member
    edited November 2012
    :?: Did u register them? I am guessing that you did.I don't know that I (or anyone) would want them as the registration option has already been used.One of the best things is getting sim points when you register.But for someone that cannot afford the price, this would be great!! :)
  • lizmac21lizmac21 Posts: 555 Member
    edited November 2012
    the ONLY game that came with FREE sim points was "the sims 3" the base game.
  • PsychoMasterXPsychoMasterX Posts: 2,553 New Member
    edited November 2012
    lizmac21 wrote:
    i have some Sims 3 games i'm selling, here the list

the Sims 3

the Sims 3 PLUS pets

the Sims 3 late night

the Sims 3 world adventures

the Sims 3 ambitions

the Sims 3 high-end loft stuff

the Sims 3 town life stuff

give it away to someone because nobody is going to buy pc software if it already been registed
  • PixelSmilePixelSmile Posts: 471 Member
    edited November 2012
    Game shops won't buy PC games off you because of the registration thing. Also if you've registered them then not many people will actually be interested. Although saying that I wonder how much you'd sell town life for?

Have you registered the games?
    logo_studio-ghibli.jpg
  • MyyybestfriendMyyybestfriend Posts: 1,404 New Member
    edited November 2012
    give it away to someone because nobody is going to buy pc software if it already been registed

x2

Only because people would like to register them, free sim points or not, though I'm sure there are plenty of people who would still buy it for a cheap price even without the registration code. Sims 3 base game and World Adventures actually came with free sim points. Unfortunately, you're not able to sell these kinds of games to a game shop or walmart or any retail store, no store will buy PC games because it is extremely easy to copy them, all places will tell you no. You should definitely try craigslist or ebay but don't forget to list that the games have been registered.

Hope this helps you out :)
  • TaylacfcTaylacfc Posts: 2,098 New Member
    edited November 2012
    lizmac21 wrote:
    the ONLY game that came with FREE sim points was "the sims 3" the base game.

and sims 3 world adventures i think :)
  • sims3elbsims3elb Posts: 925 New Member
    edited November 2012
    The only game you get simpoints with is the base game.

Are you guys saying they won't buy it because it's been registered on their computer so it won't work if you register it on yours?

The only think you can't register it with is EA and this site.

So you can play the game, you just don't get the stuff that is on the website you get when you register your game.
  • blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited November 2012
    The only games you get free simpoints for registering are the Sims 3 base game and World Adventures.

Once you've registered the games no one else can. They won't be able to use any of the services or receive assistance.

So good luck selling them.
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • TPB01TPB01 Posts: 1,978 New Member
    edited November 2012

x2

Only because people would like to register them, free sim points or not, though I'm sure there are plenty of people who would still buy it for a cheap price even without the registration code. Sims 3 base game and World Adventures actually came with free sim points. Unfortunately, you're not able to sell these kinds of games to a game shop or walmart or any retail store, no store will buy PC games because it is extremely easy to copy them, all places will tell you no. You should definitely try craigslist or ebay but don't forget to list that the games have been registered.

Hope this helps you out :)

Anything is possible if the price is right, and your key is creating enough awareness of your sale. The suggestions for selling on EBAY is a good one for this purpose.
  • Rabid47Rabid47 Posts: 625 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Warning : off-topic rant ahead !!!

I don't see why you cant just re-register a previously registered game with an additional 'PR' om the end of the reg. key, to show that it's been previously registered. If someone tries to register a game thats been previously registered, they won't be able to....but the 'PR' would let the game be registered with no free sim point benefits. It's that simple.

People keep banging on about wasting global resources, but the current system ensures that one disk can be used only once.

Rant over..

R47 :wink:
  • swdknightswdknight Posts: 751 New Member
    edited November 2012
    lizmac21 wrote:

Ebay and Craigslist is your only bet. Don't expect top dollar for the games if the serials have been registered.
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited November 2012
    You can't register a used game. I would not buy a used game on e-bay as I can buy a new game on e-bay and register it myself. I have had a lot of problems with someone registering a game with EA that had my code and I did not sell it to them. You would be better off selling them at a yard sale or flea market or donating them to Saver's at least that way people know the item is used and that they can use it but not register it. I sometimes do not register all my games for months after I buy them, but, you can have a bad name on e-bay if someone reports that they can't use the game for some reason.
  • 2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited November 2012
    They sell quite well on Ebay, doesn't matter if they have already been registered they still work
    My origin id is sim2011