Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pre-order vs not pre-order release date Q:

nb: I buy my games on Origin.

Ok so I usually pre-order simply so I know when I'm getting my game, but last EP's silly pea shooter stuff was so dead unimpressive especially when I saw the day after that you could get a free stuff pack if you purchased the EP on release date.

SO my questions are:

1. Is there a way of knowing whether this promotion will happen or not? I'm not fussed with the ice lounge or costumes and would prefer a stuff pack, really

2. how much/how many days later is the non-pre-order release date of an EP -or is it later? Can I purchase the game when the pre-orders can download theirs?

Really, I don't mind waiting a day or bit more, I don't have a big case of PEPS, I just would like the game (actually I think seasons came on a bit fast after supernatural, I'm still exploring that game!)

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Options
    LilgirlShadowLilgirlShadow Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited November 2012
    The release date of the Seasons is Tuesday 13th, everyone can get it that day, People who preordered and the people, like me :D , who didn't. The ones who pre-ordered will 1. Have it delivered, Download the digital copy, go to the game store to pick it up, and the ones who didn't preorder will do all of the same things :mrgreen: so the people who preorderd don't intentionally get it earlier then the release date, sometimes Amazon ships it to them a little early :lol:

So you don't have to wait any longer to get the game if you didn't pre-order
  • Options
    GeekyAngelGirlGeekyAngelGirl Posts: 517 Member
    edited November 2012
    Although most of the time it's a midnight release for some physical copy holders. But most certainly always a midnight release for digital.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    edited November 2012
    I always get a physical copy of the game and don't pre-order. The store release date is the same and you can still get limited edition copies without a pre-order. Pre-ordering a physical copy is unpredictable, you never know if it will be there on the release date and it still isn't usually there till the afternoon. Going to the store on the day means that I could get a copy at 10 in the morning instead of 3 in the afternoon. Last time I pre-ordered a sim game was with TS2 and it wasn't there on the release date. I have yet to do it again and have always been able to get a copy of the games when they release.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited November 2012
    I don't think it makes much difference if you don't care about the costumes. Personally I only preordered because of the unpredictable weather we sometimes have where I live now. The closest gamestop is a 25 minute drive away, and I don't want to have to potentially brave a snow storm to get to it.
  • Options
    xXxTAMMIxXxxXxTAMMIxXx Posts: 43
    edited November 2012
    I usually send my bf to walmart at 1 in the morning on the release date(i don't drive). Did that for SN ep and my bf begged the sales person until she let him go ahead and buy it(wasn't suppose to set them out until later). Lol the bf must love me. Anyways, this time i preordered because i wanted the two extra trick or treat costumes. Doubt i will do that again because ordering items online make me very nervous.
  • Options
    Lizziemay12Lizziemay12 Posts: 1,178 Member
    edited November 2012
    [...]Doubt i will do that again because ordering items online make me very nervous.

Same here. I won't be pre-ordering from Origin because I can get it a day earlier if I pre-ordered from Game, at least that's what happened with Generations (or was it Pets).

I remember pre-ordering Late Night through the new digital download thing and waiting around midnight to see if I get it straight through and it didn't come through till the next day release (the UK one).
    Origin Username: LizzieMay +++ New friends are always welcome :)
  • Options
    xocaptiveoxxocaptiveox Posts: 1,352 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I believe you will have access to these extra things even if you don't pre-order it. I have gone all digital, so all my EPs/SPs are available through Origin. Sometimes I wait as long as the day of to actually "pre-order" the EP. It is ultimately up to you to decide if you want to pr-eorder or not. The price is the same as any other EP on Origin. So its really just a toss up.