Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Save Issues with Supernatural and Seasons CAW: Discussion and research thread.

Comments

• lexxingtunlexxingtun Posts: 22 Member
    edited November 2012
    happyscrub wrote:
    I don't know if it's a personal problem or a CAW problem, but I'm having issues exporting my world and installing it now. It's never showing up as an option to play in game. When I install it, it says it has been installed on client. Play the game, can't find it, exit game, open back client, and it's no longer showing it's installed.

This is the only issue I have been having. My world saves fine and the lots stay. I can also go into EIG just fine.
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 550 @ 3.20 GHz
    RAM: 6GB
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 220
    CAW version: 1.18.5.019037
    Game version: 1.42

Affected world files: 1
    World file size: 59.1 MB
    CC: None
  • Ferah1Ferah1 Posts: 35 New Member
    edited November 2012
    happyscrub wrote:
    Has anyone been able to export then intall a world yet since the patch issues?

I think that's the next big problem. I'm starting to see people talk about that too.

I just did a test, and although it says it's installed the custom world, it does not appear on the list of worlds when I choose "New Game". Also, it seems to show multiple copies of already existing worlds, like Riverview, etc.

So I guess that's the answer for now. :(
  • daisylee910daisylee910 Posts: 73 Member
    edited November 2012
    With the second version I can use CAW, save there, get into EIG and save there, and export and install the world. But it will not show up for me in the game either.

Be sure to update in LAA if you do that. I was crashing until I added the new version to my LAA.

• snowdustmelodysnowdustmelody Posts: 385 Member
    edited November 2012
    What's LAA? :oops:
    tumblr_mfgza8NCk51qfwt9io1_500.gif

• NavazzahNavazzah Posts: 156 New Member
    edited November 2012
  • Gmcdonald523Gmcdonald523 Posts: 5
    edited November 2012
    So, I was trying different things to see if there was anything I could do to get my world to install. I was able to finally get it working and into the game, but I had to delete all of the world effects that I placed in CAW. Since I wanted to play it so badly, I decided to forgo flying birds, rainbows, and waterfalls, but it works great now!
  • SinkalaSinkala Posts: 475 Member
    edited November 2012
    I downloaded the new version and now I can't save in Eig. It crashes sims 3 with the "Sims 3 Has stopped working" error message.
  • fearywingsfearywings Posts: 6
    edited November 2012
    I thought it was just me. I even tried to restore my saved folder to a previous version.

-I was prompted to download the new patch. Then it told me that my CAW needed to be uninstalled and reinstalled. So I did that. Tried to save while in EIG and it crashed.

-Meanwhile I bough Supernatural EP from Origin.

-Came back today, and ALL OF MY LOTS ARE GONE when I open my world in CAW! My world is nothing but trees and roads. That was a whole year's worth of work just freakin gone! What is going on with this thing!

I've been dealing with Origin trying to get my account fixed and now this. I have been playing the Sims since it first came out. But this is seriously leaving a bad taste in my mouth and I am so furious because I've lost my world's work.

For those who might need to know:

Processor: AMD A8-3870 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 3.00 GHz
    RAM: 6.00 GC

Game Launcher:
    Version 15.0.135.019017

Someone please help to save my sanity. If I have to start over, I might cry.
    edited November 2012
    fearywings wrote:
    I thought it was just me. I even tried to restore my saved folder to a previous version.

-I was prompted to download the new patch. Then it told me that my CAW needed to be uninstalled and reinstalled. So I did that. Tried to save while in EIG and it crashed.

-Meanwhile I bough Supernatural EP from Origin.

-Came back today, and ALL OF MY LOTS ARE GONE when I open my world in CAW! My world is nothing but trees and roads. That was a whole year's worth of work just freakin gone! What is going on with this thing!

I've been dealing with Origin trying to get my account fixed and now this. I have been playing the Sims since it first came out. But this is seriously leaving a bad taste in my mouth and I am so furious because I've lost my world's work.

For those who might need to know:

Processor: AMD A8-3870 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 3.00 GHz
    RAM: 6.00 GC

Game Launcher:
    Version 15.0.135.019017

Someone please help to save my sanity. If I have to start over, I might cry.

There's nothing you or anyone of us can do. It's up to EA to fix this, since it is EA that broke it. I do hope you have backups of you world. I always make several of mine.

• tea_and_bluestea_and_blues Posts: 889 Member
    edited November 2012
    Right guys, I don't have much time right now, so I won't be updating the first posts too regularly, but keep sharing info. I know SimGuruGraham said they are watching the threads, even if they can't yet make any statements about the issues. Anything you notice might be useful for the people working on solving these issues.

Edit: Also, if these issues are fixed - confirmed fixed - and for whatever reason I'm not around, could someone please let crinrict know in the Seasons Bug Thread.

She currently has the CAW issues listed as fixed, so I'm quickly letting her know that's not the case before logging off. Good luck, guys.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • happyscrubhappyscrub Posts: 101
    edited November 2012
    Ya, make sure you let them know that the installing worlds issue it not fix! :shock:
    edited November 2012
    Sure thing, tea_and_blues. Lets hope EA fixes this fast.
  • buffybot76buffybot76 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I was having the issue with exported worlds not installing properly, the launcher was telling me everything installed fine, but said worlds were not showing up in the drop down menu or installed worlds folder, however an hour ago I re-downloaded CAW and reinstalled it, and successfully exported and installed my world. Perhaps it is all fixed now?
    edited November 2012
    Ok so I just noticed that whenever make a new world for the first time, it goes into edit in game and it works. I save and go back to caw. Lots are there, awesome. Now when I try to go in again, it stops working. I wonder why it only works the first time I go in after making a new world. :?:

edited November 2012
    Navazzah wrote:

• Kayla0440Kayla0440 Posts: 94 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Ok so I just noticed that whenever make a new world for the first time, it goes into edit in game and it works. I save and go back to caw. Lots are there, awesome. Now when I try to go in again, it stops working. I wonder why it only works the first time I go in after making a new world. :?:

Same here! I thought it was only me! I have like a one shot at it. Luckily my worlds are at least exporting now. I just can't get them to install except the initial test installation. I uninstall and even change the name before I attempt it again and it won't work. Extremely frustrating! I am finally done with my world and I want to play haha
  • happyscrubhappyscrub Posts: 101
    edited November 2012
    I copycated evelyn and checked the modification date on the CAW download and I saw ‎"Yesterday, ‎November ‎03, ‎2012, ‏‎3:58:21 PM"

Gonna test it out.

Edit: Nope, still can't install new worlds, just old ones.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • HKateSHKateS Posts: 89 Member
    edited November 2012
    Still no luck for me. I thought I'd try when saving my world to use Save As instead of Save and try continuing to edit my world on another file to see if it was a problem with the world file itself, and this actually eliminated the Saved Successfully with Warnings thing, so I've managed to get past that at least. I was pretty excited about that so I decided to open a blank world file and put two lots down to Edit in EIG to see if they disappeared like everybody else seems to be reporting. On this blank world file the world opened in EIG and the lots that I built testers on didn't even delete themselves when I came out of it. So, excited again, I went to my second copy of my actual world (the one that saves properly) and tried to EIG on there. And...it still crashes. I thought I was getting somewhere there. It still saves without warnings, but I still can't use EIG with it... I'm wondering if because I bypassed the saving with warnings there's something else I can do now to get it to load in EIG? That's just an update from me, anyway...
    edited November 2012
    happyscrub wrote:
    I copycated evelyn and checked the modification date on the CAW download and I saw ‎"Yesterday, ‎November ‎03, ‎2012, ‏‎3:58:21 PM"

Gonna test it out.

Edit: Nope, still can't install new worlds, just old ones.

I just dowloaded and installed CAW again just for the fun of it and yes, it's still version 1.18.5.019037, so nothing's changed. :?
  • SheenaFinSheenaFin Posts: 134 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I can't install new worlds neither :(
  • daisylee910daisylee910 Posts: 73 Member
    edited November 2012
    I have the same thing that when I first make a world I can get into EIG, but when I go back later and try it EIG crashes every time. This is gong on for 2 of the worlds I have been working on, so it is not unique to one. Not fun! :(
  • HKateSHKateS Posts: 89 Member
    edited November 2012
    OK, so I don't know what I did, but everything is working fine for me now. Honestly, I didn't do a thing other than what I have already said, which didn't work before, but I left it a while, tried it again, and now I can not only get into EIG with my actual world file, but it runs smoothly (albeit a little bit slowly), allows me to do as I wish, saves completely correctly, and I don't experience any lot loss or anything. This is a complete turnaround from what I was able to do before and it's very encouraging for me... Unfortunately as I didn't do anything to trigger it, I can't tell you guys what to do...

If and when I get to the stage of exporting, I'll let you guys know if it works or not.
    edited November 2012
    Good for you. Hopefully your world exports fine. :)

Still, we who get read-only lots warnings and crashing EIG are still waiting for the fix from EA.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited November 2012
    EA I sure hope you are working on this. I do wish you would make a statement to the effect that you are at least aware of the issue and not leave us all in the dark, not knowing if you know or not. We deserve at least that much.
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited November 2012
    Did anyone find a workaround for worlds not installing properly with the launcher? I am having that problem right now.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top