Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ben Bell hinted few more expansions after Seasons

Comments

• makkamaypakkamakkamaypakka Posts: 5
    edited October 2012
    There should be vet career track :)<3
  • GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited October 2012
    bosslaydee wrote:
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    Mine would be

#9 - University - not MY most wanted but it seems fated to be EP #9.
    #10 - OFB type

Actually the line will probably stop there. but if they were to continue I'd love to see

#11. -Carnival/Theme Park/Zoo/Aquarium type
    #12. Vacations (though I'm still thinking patches and the addition of a hotel venue could take care of this, if we had 12 EPS I wouldn't mind seeing an actual restful vacation pack come to existence. The one on the survey with outdoors activities to do would fit in really well here.

I'd also like to see more sports/exercise equipment added in - with the addition of what's in Seasons it no longer seems like it would be full enough to be its own pack, but I'm thinking it could go in well with University....somehow.

this. LOVING number eleven!

but honestly, i dont think he meant expansion packs.. people are reading too much into what projects are. it really could mean anything, INCLUDING what we already know about like decades and monte vista, since technically those are COMING out.

Different teams are working on store, stuff packs ans expansion packs.

Ben Bell is working on expansion packs. :wink:
  • Urosh1994Urosh1994 Posts: 2,425 Member
    edited October 2012
    I think what he says is nothing but good marketing. If people knew for sure game is coming to an end, that'd mean new one is coming in 1-2 years, which then means new fans would rather wait to get new game instead of buying TS3 and its expansion packs.

But, I'd like to get at least 2 more EP's after Seasons, preferably both in 2013. University and OFB from the survey are keeping me on the edge of my seat :D
  • awhellnawawhellnaw Posts: 197
    edited October 2012
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    I think what he says is nothing but good marketing. If people knew for sure game is coming to an end, that'd mean new one is coming in 1-2 years, which then means new fans would rather wait to get new game instead of buying TS3 and its expansion packs.

But, I'd like to get at least 2 more EP's after Seasons, preferably both in 2013. University and OFB from the survey are keeping me on the edge of my seat :D

I really hope this isn't the case, and plus he was all smiling when he said it, it made me believe it. I liked how he said " we have only scratched the surface" , it makes it sound like we have many more ep's to come.

I really hope they add on all they can, even the silly ideas that some people really don't like. New eps mean more gameplay more interactions and new build and buy objects!

I saw a post asking for a jungle ep, this would go great with a vacation ep, safari!!! :mrgreen:
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited October 2012
    awhellnaw wrote:
    Urosh1994 wrote:

I really hope this isn't the case, and plus he was all smiling when he said it, it made me believe it. I liked how he said " we have only scratched the surface" , it makes it sound like we have many more ep's to come.

I really hope they add on all they can, even the silly ideas that some people really don't like. New eps mean more gameplay more interactions and new build and buy objects!

I saw a post asking for a jungle ep, this would go great with a vacation ep, safari!!! :mrgreen:

^^^ this! :D

I agree... I want most of the ideas. Even bad ideas (in the majority opinion) would sell enough to make them their money back... and more!

They should make all the well thought out and most wanted stuff as e.ps then just stick everything else in the store and let people choose if they want it or not. I'm fine with that so long as the stuff is good quality and cared about.
  • bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited October 2012
    GREENEYA wrote:
    bosslaydee wrote:
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    Mine would be

#9 - University - not MY most wanted but it seems fated to be EP #9.
    #10 - OFB type

Actually the line will probably stop there. but if they were to continue I'd love to see

#11. -Carnival/Theme Park/Zoo/Aquarium type
    #12. Vacations (though I'm still thinking patches and the addition of a hotel venue could take care of this, if we had 12 EPS I wouldn't mind seeing an actual restful vacation pack come to existence. The one on the survey with outdoors activities to do would fit in really well here.

I'd also like to see more sports/exercise equipment added in - with the addition of what's in Seasons it no longer seems like it would be full enough to be its own pack, but I'm thinking it could go in well with University....somehow.

this. LOVING number eleven!

but honestly, i dont think he meant expansion packs.. people are reading too much into what projects are. it really could mean anything, INCLUDING what we already know about like decades and monte vista, since technically those are COMING out.

Different teams are working on store, stuff packs ans expansion packs.

Ben Bell is working on expansion packs. :wink:
    he couldve been speaking about university OR he couldve just been speaking generally.. also, this is STILL from august. im not saying i dont WANT a couple more packs, but im just not trying to get my hopes up. cuz it was reaaally vague for something that was over 2 months ago. since then quite a bit has been revealed.
    really not trying to rain on anyones parade. but it was way too vague.
  • TuthillTuthill Posts: 98 New Member
    edited November 2012
    SIMCITY expansion for The SIMS3 that allows:

- You get to become Mayor and run an online connected city.
    - Taxing, ordinances, neighbor deal making, market access from City Hall.
    - Road tool
    - water, power, trash, swer, air/seasons simulation
    - data maps

SIMCITY only players will need The SIMS3 resources to have an effective economy.
    ---

Waiting to join the SIMCITY crowd on Worlds with SIMS 4 would take too long. Then for the expansions.

Please let The SIMS and SIMCITY communities connect on Worlds and manage a city with both titles.

--

Then:
    SIMCOPTER
    SIMTOWER
    Streets of SIMCITY
    SIMS AIR: Aerospace and all things that fly
  • AlchemyAlchemy Posts: 159 Member
    edited November 2012
    Tuthill wrote:
    Then:
    SIMCOPTER
    SIMTOWER
    Streets of SIMCITY
    SIMS AIR: Aerospace and all things that fly

And, SimFarm!

Man, I'm showing my age
  • CoryMachCoryMach Posts: 1,122 Member
    edited November 2012
    An EP I think is EP9 is Reality Telivision (The favorite EP from the survey), EP10 is University, EP11 is Vacation, EP12 is Open for Business, EP13 is Billionare, EP14 is an EP where you make films called Film Producers where you act out scenes and EP15 is Carnival (The one I hate the most from the survey).
  • PsychoMasterXPsychoMasterX Posts: 2,553 New Member
    edited November 2012
    CoryMach wrote:
    An EP I think is EP9 is Reality Telivision (The favorite EP from the survey), EP10 is University, EP11 is Vacation, EP12 is Open for Business, EP13 is Billionare, EP14 is an EP where you make films called Film Producers where you act out scenes and EP15 is Carnival (The one I hate the most from the survey).

it will never be Reality Telivision or any other fake pack you make up
  • albertwhiskeralbertwhisker Posts: 596 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I wish sims 3 will end at 2015
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited November 2012
    Oh no, he's back!

Pretty much guaranteed we'll have at least 10 EPS, if we are extremely lucky we might get 12 out of this. I'll eat my computer and give up the game if they actually release a reality TV EP. :shock:
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
    edited November 2012
    CoryMach wrote:
    why the hints for univeristy if it was ep 10, and no hints for reality tv.. there was a survey blurb. but thats about it.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited November 2012
    Pretty much definite that the next EP is University, then they'll probably do something totally different since that'll put two repeats in a row (both Seasons and Uni repeats of Sims 2 packs). Supernatural was something totally different. I could see the rumored Carnival/Amusement Park pack coming out as EP10, then perhaps a combination of Open for Business and Free Time.

Premium items like the new Japanese grill and the upcoming wood-fired oven in Monte Vista (eventually made available to everyone in the Store) could be a precursor to open restaurants where you can actually watch your Sims eat; I'd like it if they could change the programming on the grill so it would spawn a chef if used on Community lots, just like you can use the LN professional bars in your home or have them spawn a Mixologist if used in a club.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    edited November 2012
    Pretty much definite that the next EP is University, then they'll probably do something totally different since that'll put two repeats in a row (both Seasons and Uni repeats of Sims 2 packs). Supernatural was something totally different. I could see the rumored Carnival/Amusement Park pack coming out as EP10, then perhaps a combination of Open for Business and Free Time.

If they were to release a Carnival/Theme Park and an OFB pack (MUST have open restaurants!) and possibly an actual vacation pack after university that would likely be all I could think that I personally would want. There's a few odd and ends items but as far as EP themes, that's it. Nothing else on the surveys has pinged my interest.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
    edited November 2012
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    Oh no, he's back!

Pretty much guaranteed we'll have at least 10 EPS, if we are extremely lucky we might get 12 out of this. I'll eat my computer and give up the game if they actually release a reality TV EP. :shock:
    You have been reported for spamming.
    edited November 2012
    jcp011c2 wrote:

If they were to release a Carnival/Theme Park and an OFB pack (MUST have open restaurants!) and possibly an actual vacation pack after university that would likely be all I could think that I personally would want. There's a few odd and ends items but as far as EP themes, that's it. Nothing else on the surveys has pinged my interest.
    Reality TV will be EP9, but University, well, it will come out after Reality TV. Vacation after University, OFB after Vacation, Billionare after OFB, Film Producers after Billionare and Carnival after Film Producers.
    edited November 2012

Premium items like the new Japanese grill and the upcoming wood-fired oven in Monte Vista (eventually made available to everyone in the Store) could be a precursor to open restaurants where you can actually watch your Sims eat; I'd like it if they could change the programming on the grill so it would spawn a chef if used on Community lots, just like you can use the LN professional bars in your home or have them spawn a Mixologist if used in a club.

Supernatural is not something different it is also repeate of TS1 expansion.
    Supernatural is TS3 version of TS1 expansion Makin'Magic. :wink:
    edited November 2012
    CoryMach wrote:
    jcp011c2 wrote:

Reality TV will be EP9, but University, well, it will come out after Reality TV. Vacation after University, OFB after Vacation, Billionare after OFB, Film Producers after Billionare and Carnival after Film Producers.

University is the next expansion.
    We have University leak on Origin and strong hint on Maxis Live Broadcast. :wink:

Also there is no proofs for Reality TV.
    Looks like something you made ​​up. :lol:
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited November 2012
    I loved makin' magic! I miss Vicki the Vampiress and Apocothery Todd, and the random crystals and beanstalks that used to spawn on your lot... and dragons!

I think we're getting the repeats because they realised the annoyed everyone by not including them in the first place!!!

I'm hoping for a return of the golden oldies:

OFB
    Vacations
    Uni (combined with apartments)
    and some bits of Freetime.

but I like the Time Travel idea too (and you know I'd end up buying the espionage one) :D

I need farm animals in there somewhere too!
    edited November 2012
    CoryMach wrote:
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    Oh no, he's back!

that wasnt spamming, cory. the only person close to spamming is you.
  • TuthillTuthill Posts: 98 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I was so focused on getting out what I needed when I saw the topic header I forgot to say...

All of these ideas you are presenting...I'm in love with them all and can't wait to experience whatever they do. More Maxis goodness all around.

I'm hoping for unity for all Maxis SIM Titles so we can explore even more unique synergies through title combinations.

Perhaps this will allow the Maxis community as a whole to create and sustain a long lived online world.

Can Mr. Ben Bell and Mr. Quigley have a chat and do a live broadcast? How could Maxis move on SIMCITY and not include The SIMS when it is what The SIMS needs for 'Open for Business' , connected cities and the market, allows Theme Park, Streets, Tower, Copter...

...everything you are asking for.

Forgive my ignorance. Who are the ultimate heads of The SIMS, SIMCITY and the other SIM Titles? Are these folks scheduling any broadcasts or doing any lectures on the future of the SIM franchise?

They are the people in the reality TV show I want to see, I guess.
    edited November 2012
    CoryMach wrote:
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    Oh no, he's back!

Yay, my first report (probably) --sounds great. I'm sure they will take it into intense consideration considering the source.

**Goes on about normal daily activities**
    edited November 2012
    I loved makin' magic! I miss Vicki the Vampiress and Apocothery Todd, and the random crystals and beanstalks that used to spawn on your lot... and dragons!

I think we're getting the repeats because they realised the annoyed everyone by not including them in the first place!!!

I'm hoping for a return of the golden oldies:

OFB
    Vacations
    Uni (combined with apartments)
    and some bits of Freetime.

but I like the Time Travel idea too (and you know I'd end up buying the espionage one) :D

I need farm animals in there somewhere too!

Yes I would love farm animals. :D
    edited November 2012
    GREENEYA wrote:
    CoryMach wrote:
    jcp011c2 wrote:

University is the next expansion.
    We have University leak on Origin and strong hint on Maxis Live Broadcast. :wink:

Also there is no proofs for Reality TV.
    Looks like something you made ​​up. :lol: