Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Save Issues with Supernatural and Seasons CAW: Discussion and research thread.

Comments

• SheenaFinSheenaFin Posts: 134 New Member
    edited November 2012
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/605280.page

Just download that update and now it works! :thumbup:
  • tlc10175tlc10175 Posts: 2,550 Member
    edited November 2012
    Awesome! I hope it works for everyone. SheenaFin is everything the way it was? I mean did you have lots that vanished initially and return with the updated update etc...? >_>
    edited November 2012
    I was lucky one, cause I was just starting new world and adding first lots and after I noticed this problem, I deleted all and now starting again :) Hope others can tell you did they get all lots back or not.
  • NavazzahNavazzah Posts: 156 New Member
    edited November 2012
    SheenaFin wrote:

Sorry but no, not for me. Downloaded the new CAW, installed, removed all cache files, copied un untouched backup from external hard drive, opened the world and tried to save... and still got the read-only lots -warnings. At that point I didn't even try to open the EIG to see if it still crashes, since the first problem still stays. :?
  • tlc10175tlc10175 Posts: 2,550 Member
    edited November 2012
    Ok well, Graham did reply and said they are aware of the problems and looking into it. =]
    edited November 2012
    Good to know that they're still working on it. :)

I also noticed another issue, related or not. While CAW is out, I tried to do some lots in a normal Edit Town -mode and every now and then the game freezes - the cursor keeps spinning around but nothing happens. Also, after a manual closing, there is no crash logs in Sims 3 folder. This also started to happen only after Supernatural. In normal playmode this doesn't happen. Odd.
  • Kayla0440Kayla0440 Posts: 94 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Ah I made a forum post about this last night and found this today. OOPS! =(

Anyways, not having any issues with lots disappearing. However, I was not able to go into EiG until I deleted lots that were actually EA built. All my custom lots that I created were just fine. Upside, I got to load up and save all my hard work by uploading my buildings one at a time. Downside is I can't export my world.

I have tried using spe3 and pulling the stuffs to make Bridgeport, Hidden Springs, Sunset Valley, and Appaloosa Plains and NONE of them will export. I can edit all of them in game however, just can't export.
  • happyscrubhappyscrub Posts: 101
    edited November 2012
    SheenaFin wrote:

Only one test, but the issue I had which I failed atleast 15 attempts finally worked after updating with the 11/1/12 CAW.

So I'm happy..... :evil: FOR NOW!!!!!
    edited November 2012
    Yeah I asked a question on that page and still haven't been answered. Where do I get the update from? I just re-installed the entire thing again but I don't know if its automatically updated because I don't know what version the newest one is. I wish someone could answer me..
    edited November 2012
    Kayla0440 wrote:
    Yeah I asked a question on that page and still haven't been answered. Where do I get the update from? I just re-installed the entire thing again but I don't know if its automatically updated because I don't know what version the newest one is. I wish someone could answer me..

I assumed that they were talking about updated CAW. At least that is what I dowloaded, even though it didn't do any good.
    edited November 2012
    Oh okay, so just reinstall and it should be updated? Cause thats what I did. I think it said I am on version 2.0 is that the current one? Btw, THANK YOU so so so so very much for responding!

EDIT: Also, didn't fix anything for me either. Getting more error messages and still unable to export. =(
    edited November 2012
    Kayla0440 wrote:
    Oh okay, so just reinstall and it should be updated? Cause thats what I did. I think it said I am on version 2.0 is that the current one? Btw, THANK YOU so so so so very much for responding!

EDIT: Also, didn't fix anything for me either. Getting more error messages and still unable to export. =(

This is strange. The one I downloaded from the official CAW site and installed, is a version 1.0.4653.38584

edited November 2012
    Version: 0.2.0.190 Is what mine says. Dunno if thats good or bad haha

EDIT: Looks like thats bad, I think my version is way lower than yours. =/
    edited November 2012
    I don't know if it's a personal problem or a CAW problem, but I'm having issues exporting my world and installing it now. It's never showing up as an option to play in game. When I install it, it says it has been installed on client. Play the game, can't find it, exit game, open back client, and it's no longer showing it's installed.

I installed them before fine. I deleted the two DC file folders. I even took my .world file and copy/paste it into the installed worlds folder

No luck so far.
    edited November 2012
    happyscrub wrote:
    I installed them before fine. I deleted the two DC file folders. I even took my .world file and copy/paste it into the installed worlds folder

No luck so far.

If you mean DCBackup + DCCache folders, then you really shouldn't delete those two.
  • auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited November 2012
    Make sure you're all looking in the same place for the version number. You have to install it, then look in:

Program Files(x86)
    Electronic Arts
    The Sims 3 Create a World

Click on the "Default" Configuration file, and scroll down to the bottom. Your installed version will be under "Game Version"

caw_ve11.jpg
    edited November 2012
    Version: 1.18.5.019037

This is mine and doesn't work.
  • snowdustmelodysnowdustmelody Posts: 385 Member
    edited November 2012
    SheenaFin wrote:

I downloaded it and it worked. The lots were saved in edit in game mode but then I tried to continue my work and edit in game keeps crashing...
    tumblr_mfgza8NCk51qfwt9io1_500.gif

• Gmcdonald523Gmcdonald523 Posts: 5
    edited November 2012
    Two days ago, created a world that I was not really excited about, but I was planning to export. Tried to open CAW and was told to update to the new one :( Decided to scrap the one I started before and start fresh with the new updated version. Placed all of my roads and trees then went to edit in game to place my lots. Had some saving issues, but finally got things to start saving one lot at a time (in edit in game mode). Went back to CAW and all lots were gone! So frustrated! Decided to try and export the world as is and place lots again during game play. World exported fine, but when I installed, it didn't show up in my worlds list. When I reopened the launcher, it was as if it never installed. I happened to upload it to the exchange as well (as a foolproof backup since I lost some others on my last computer when it died and haven't been able to retrieve the data). When I went into my studio page and clicked on the world, it said "Contains: Please update your game." I have all currently released Sims3 expansions available. I saw that they updated the launcher to show Seasons, but I didn't think that could be the issue with my world...Until now? The size is only 16.83 MB so I don't think it is a size issue. Hope they fix this soon!
    edited November 2012
    My version is 1.18.5.019037 and last EP is Pets, no stuff packs after that EP.

I hope you'll get new update soon, so you all can start making worlds again!
    edited November 2012
    Has anyone been able to export then intall a world yet since the patch issues?

I think that's the next big problem. I'm starting to see people talk about that too.
    edited November 2012
    Just noticed that if you don't save your world before clickin EIG and saving, EIG will crash. If you save and Then click EIG button, it does not crash.
    edited November 2012
    SheenaFin wrote:
    Just noticed that if you don't save your world before clickin EIG and saving, EIG will crash. If you save and Then click EIG button, it does not crash.

Doesn't help at all. I always save before entering EIG, always, and now everytime I save, I get that read-only lots -warnings. If I continue to EIG, it will crash in EIG right after a UI + blue background instead of a neighborhood view. :(
    edited November 2012
    :( That's not nice.
    edited November 2012
    I know. I've been working on this world for the past year and a half - at least - and now I can't even touch it. They so need to fix this, fast.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top