Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

(Seasons) Guide to Seasonal Lot Markers

Comments

• kdluvshersimskdluvshersims Posts: 291 Member
    edited October 2012
    Graham

Thank you so very much for taking the time to type all of that out for us. Very informative & helpful. :D

Would it be possible for this to be stickied at the top of the forum? I have it bookmarked but I think it would benefit the community as a whole if it were stickied.

Just my two cents :wink: Thank you again for doing this!
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    edited October 2012
    Bookmarked. Very helpful, thanks so much.
  • WildeatheartWildeatheart Posts: 1,785 Member
    edited October 2012
    Great tutorial Graham! Too bad I can't get Seasons till Christmas *grumbles*
    tumblr_static_b95t53zz25sskgcso8s48cksw.jpg
  • carla70carla70 Posts: 575 Member
    edited October 2012
    Thank You for this it will be very helpful! I can't wait to be able to see all the changes happening in Seasons! :-)
  • CoffeeChick0CoffeeChick0 Posts: 2,294 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Bookmarked for later reading because frankly I need more coffee for all that info. rofl
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    edited October 2012
    Useful tutorial, Graham! Thank you, I've been wondering how this would work! :mrgreen:
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • MissCeeMissCee Posts: 1,309 Member
    edited October 2012
    Although it might be eons before I've saved up enough to purchase Seasons, just a quick post to say I really enjoyed reading the tutorial and Bookmarked it for future reference.

Thanks SimGuruSemedi for all your hard work on all Simmer's behalf; its appreciated.

Blessings,
    MissCee

<3Blessings,
    MissCee
  • CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    edited October 2012
    Thank you for posting this guide, Graham! Very happy to have all this information in advance of Seasons being released, and a great future reference once I'll be brave enough to try my hand at designing a seasonal lot (I'm not much of a builder really). :wink: Bookmarked!
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited October 2012
    Graham, thank you so much for posting this guide, it's huge and so informative, it must have taken you a long time and I know you must be so busy... so THANK YOU! <3

My brain fee;s a bit pickled with all the info right now but I can't wait to play around with this tool and master it! It will save a lot of space in the world: rather than always having things like the trampolene, climbing wall, ice rink etc placed, I can now rotate them.

I think this tool is awesome and whoever had the idea needs a raise! The people who developed it do too. :D

I'm supposed to be doing my coursework and all I want to do is build my world, and build my lots with the seasonal lot marker! :lol:
  • mcveighjessmcveighjess Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited October 2012
    Thank you Graham for answering my question! I'll play around with it and let you know how it goes!
    Thank you for this wonderful tutorial, I'm going to have tons of fun using this when I install Seasons and patch my game. :mrgreen:

One question, though. I've got a fairground lot in my game and when I place a Seasonal Lot Marker on it I want to make sure that its current appearance is how it looks for summer, then have it change for Spring/Fall/Winter. Is there a way to bring all the common objects over into the summer layer so that they are one and the same, and then make changes to the common once I know its current appearance will be its summer appearance? I'm sorry for the complicated question, I confused myself just writing it, but I want to make sure I'm fully ready when Seasons comes. :mrgreen:

I would think that if you set it summer and pull all the objects out of common mode while in summer you'd have the set up that you want. Of course, then you would have to go back into common mode and replace anything that you pulled to summer. Once you do that, then go back into summer to check and make sure that the item you have in place for summer aren't overlapping anything you placed for common.

This is just my understanding, hopefully Graham will correct me if I'm wrong. ;)
  • wzw1177wzw1177 Posts: 1,140 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Thanks for the tutorial. Bookmarked. 8)
  • JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited October 2012
    Sticky this thread please :)!
  • cookiemonster88cookiemonster88 Posts: 605 Member
    edited October 2012
    ok well i'm not good at using build mode and i don't like using it. i just have one question, this is the only thing i want to know. if you don't like the lot chosen as your festival lot can you select a different lot?
  • Faith_AndhopeFaith_Andhope Posts: 4,468 Member
    edited October 2012
    What a great thread! Thank you. I have bookmarked it and intend to refer to it frequently. I truly appreciate such a great tutorial. What wonderfully intricate potential you have given us .. even those who choose not to install Seasons can still have great flexibility and variety in their game with the patch.

Thank you!!
  • PulversoppaPulversoppa Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited October 2012
    Just to be sure and confirm, if you place a lot that will change seasonally, for example a festival lot, if you then in the household enter testingcheatsenabled true, go out to edit town, choose the lot and go in to build/edit on it, it's just like when you're in the middle of building your own seasonally changing lot, right?
    "They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."
  • SummerskydreamerSummerskydreamer Posts: 1,681 Member
    edited October 2012
    Thank you for the tutorial i could never get the testingcheatsenable to work on my games or BuyDEBug.So how can i get my saved lots to change in seasons then?Yes i have read the tutorial i guess i will have to just use all new seasons houuses.
  • maxverra1997maxverra1997 Posts: 1,506
    edited October 2012
    is it possible to have an object 2 seasons long or in all seasons except 1? or do you need to place it multiple times.
    thank you for the tutorial.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • lilsis3421lilsis3421 Posts: 1,258 New Member
    edited October 2012
    thanks a ton! bookmarked :)

can't wait to start experimenting with this :D
  • caspinwallcaspinwall Posts: 916 Member
    edited October 2012
    These new lot markers sound very interesting. Please could this thread be stickied, gurus?
    GeneralSig_SF_03.png
  • Cyberqueen13Cyberqueen13 Posts: 2,835 Member
    edited October 2012
    Bookmarked. Thanks so much for all the info.
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited October 2012
    Very helpful tutorial! Very in-depth! Thank you SimguruSemedi! :D I am assuming that the step by step tutorial also applies to residential lots? Only the festivals and the lot name being the exceptions? :?:
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited October 2012
    Graham please make this thread sticky. :!:
    This space is for rent.
  • cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited October 2012
    I have not read the full tutorial or all the comments, but please STICKY this!

ETA: Okay, now I have read the whole tutorial and comments. Thank you so much for the pictures. They helped a lot, I am more visual and am beginning to understand the concept and am looking forward to playing around with the Seasonal marker.

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • babbylegs1970babbylegs1970 Posts: 73 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Hi Graham, Lori here I was curious with the Seasonal Ball Marker I noticed on the new pics of Seasons that Sim home Lots had there Houses Decorated with Christmas Lights. Is this what the marker does on the lots without you having to decorate your homes will it automatically do this by placing this marker? I hope I didn't make my Question to Confusing.. LOL thank you again can't wait til seasons gets here.
  • n00biityon00biityo Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited October 2012
    Hi Graham, Lori here I was curious with the Seasonal Ball Marker I noticed on the new pics of Seasons that Sim home Lots had there Houses Decorated with Christmas Lights. Is this what the marker does on the lots without you having to decorate your homes will it automatically do this by placing this marker? I hope I didn't make my Question to Confusing.. LOL thank you again can't wait til seasons gets here.

Your question was answered in the FAQ and in this thread on page 1 or 2. Guys he wrote a very extended FAQ but please read it carefully before asking questions.

You can add the xmas lights by clicking on your front door and choose the correct option. They will automatically be added in the entire world. Your neighbors will take them down automatically in spring but you can keep yours up all year round if you wish.

If you want to use the xmas lights out of season some where else in the world, you can do this by using the debug option "testingcheatsenabled" true. The lot marker doesn't control the xmas lights.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top