March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥ SANDRAELLE'S SHOWCASE ♥

Comments

• yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited October 2012
    Oooh what a cute Victorian! Looks like a doll's house which I love. Nice vibrant colour! Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    edited October 2012
    yanti68 wrote:
    Oooh what a cute Victorian! Looks like a doll's house which I love. Nice vibrant colour! Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks so much Yanti!
  • walkingstickwalkingstick Posts: 4,637 Member
    edited October 2012
    Little Lavender Lovely is beautifully done. It looks so spacious for such a tiny house. Rec'd.

Also, I don't know if you've seen it but faith_Andhope is hosting a competition with a colour of your choice as the theme. You might be interested in it as this one looks so good with the lavender colour scheme throughout.
    edited October 2012
    Little Lavender Lovely is beautifully done. It looks so spacious for such a tiny house. Rec'd.

Also, I don't know if you've seen it but faith_Andhope is hosting a competition with a colour of your choice as the theme. You might be interested in it as this one looks so good with the lavender colour scheme throughout.

Thank you walkingstick! Yes, I saw that Faith was hosting a new competition, and I may just have to enter that one. And thank you for the rec! :)
  • TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited October 2012
    Very, very, very darling!

Lavender has to be one of the trickiest colors to work with, and you have found a really nice balance!

Lovely interiors too!

Rec'd!

T
    edited October 2012
    Very, very, very darling!

Lavender has to be one of the trickiest colors to work with, and you have found a really nice balance!

Lovely interiors too!

Rec'd!

T

Thank you so much Taryn, that means a lot coming from you. And I appreciate the rec. :D
  • OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    edited October 2012
    Your lavender lovely is so precious :] A very unique and nicely decorated build! Rec'd it!
    edited October 2012
    Your lavender lovely is so precious :] A very unique and nicely decorated build! Rec'd it!

Thank you hun, I appreciate your comments and the rec. :-)
    edited February 15
    PLUMALICIOUS POTPOURRI PARADISE, 40X40 residential lot, 10/30/12

Unfortunately, my studio became full and had exceeded the quota limit, so had to start deleting some of my studio items - this is one of them. :(

Just submitted this build in FaithandHope's "Color My World" contest where the challenge was to build a house in a style from her list and to use one main color and a less dominant second color. I chose a modern/contemporary style and colors from the "plum" family and accented in shades of grey. My lot name is rather goofy but we get extra bonus points for a creative name.

Pictures:

Images had to be deleted (due to Photobucket), and haven't replaced them yet.
    Post edited by Sandraelle on
    edited October 2012
    Really, really pretty, SandraElle! Very stylish!

Rec'd!
    T
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    edited October 2012
    What a great title for your build! :) Really great build! Thanks for descibing to us all that your build contains. Very well done use of the plum colour shades, complemented and enhanced well by the grey. Very grand entrance to be met with a chandalier, and a grand piano! Nicely done pool area. Great work on all the details of each room and each level. Very fashionable build :)
  • imogerimoger Posts: 5,783 Member
    edited October 2012
    Hi, Sandraelle! Your creations looks very pretty, great work with the architecture and the landscaping, and I especially like your interiors! :)
    recommended everything in your studio
  • walkingstickwalkingstick Posts: 4,637 Member
    edited October 2012
    That really turned out well. I love the modern architecure of your build and the purples and greys really compliments it. Rec'd already.
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited October 2012
    Nice modern build! I like the exterior and that purple looks lovely! Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    edited October 2012
    I saw this in the "Color My World" contest! It is Gorgeous! Love the flow and color mixture is perfect. Beautiful job!! :thumbup: Have a Fantastic day!! Hugs :D
    edited October 2012
    Really, really pretty, SandraElle! Very stylish!

Rec'd!
    T

Thank you for the rec Taryn! I'm glad you like it, as "stylish" was the look I was going for. :mrgreen:

(EDIT: typo)
    edited October 2012
    rosemow wrote:
    What a great title for your build! :) Really great build! Thanks for descibing to us all that your build contains. Very well done use of the plum colour shades, complemented and enhanced well by the grey. Very grand entrance to be met with a chandalier, and a grand piano! Nicely done pool area. Great work on all the details of each room and each level. Very fashionable build :)

Thanks Rose. I had the word plumalicious stuck in my head the whole time, so had to find a way to use it in my lot name. I tend to get very wordy and detailed in my descriptions, so I'm happy that you are interested in that much detail. (I am a very detail oriented person, so I can't help it!) Have a great day! :lol:
    edited October 2012
    imoger wrote:
    Hi, Sandraelle! Your creations looks very pretty, great work with the architecture and the landscaping, and I especially like your interiors! :)
    recommended everything in your studio

Wow, thanks so much for recommending my whole studio imoger, I am very appreciative. Landscaping my builds have always been a challenge for me because I never know where to start with it and I don't think I'm very good at it. But thank you for your nice comments. :-)
    edited October 2012
    That really turned out well. I love the modern architecure of your build and the purples and greys really compliments it. Rec'd already.

Glad you like! I like doing moderns, but I tend to get too cluttery and it's hard for me to stick to the minimalist style. I was glad that I chose that color scheme though since it went so well with the contemporary look. Thx again for the rec!
    edited October 2012
    yanti68 wrote:
    Nice modern build! I like the exterior and that purple looks lovely! Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thank you so much Yanti!!! I think I will stay away from the purple color scheme for awhile, as my last 3 builds have featured those colors, lol. :D
    edited October 2012
    Terrylin wrote:
    I saw this in the "Color My World" contest! It is Gorgeous! Love the flow and color mixture is perfect. Beautiful job!! :thumbup: Have a Fantastic day!! Hugs :D

Thank you so much for the lovely comments Terry. I can't wait to see all the builds in that contest as it's so fun to see what people can create. And thank you for the friend request. :mrgreen: Hope you have a nice day too.
  • stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    edited October 2012
    Hi, Sandrelle! I think you and I both started actually sharing creations around the same time. I had never paid much attention to the forums before then, either, lol.

You have a lot of beautiful builds, and some neat ideas I may have to borrow, like the shelved closet in your Blue Ridge nursery. I like all the bright colors in Casa de la Playa, and I still love your Palo Verde. Your community lots are awesome, too.

Oh, and all those cute 10 x 10 lots you’ve done; I can’t help but be impressed! I think the smallest I’ve managed is 20 x 20, and only because it was a starter. :lol:

As far as your Plumalicious Potpourri (love the name, btw; and the tiling around the pool does like a bit like scattered potpourri to me!), I think it’s gorgeous! I’m a fan of plum shades paired with grey to begin with, but combined with the modern architecture it gives it a very posh vibe. Love the library with the little reading loft (that's where I'd spend most of my time! :mrgreen: ), as well as that fab movie theater. Already rec’d and faved. :)
    edited November 2012
    starguru wrote:
    Hi, Sandrelle! I think you and I both started actually sharing creations around the same time. I had never paid much attention to the forums before then, either, lol.

You have a lot of beautiful builds, and some neat ideas I may have to borrow, like the shelved closet in your Blue Ridge nursery. I like all the bright colors in Casa de la Playa, and I still love your Palo Verde. Your community lots are awesome, too.

Oh, and all those cute 10 x 10 lots you’ve done; I can’t help but be impressed! I think the smallest I’ve managed is 20 x 20, and only because it was a starter. :lol:

As far as your Plumalicious Potpourri (love the name, btw; and the tiling around the pool does like a bit like scattered potpourri to me!), I think it’s gorgeous! I’m a fan of plum shades paired with grey to begin with, but combined with the modern architecture it gives it a very posh vibe. Love the library with the little reading loft (that's where I'd spend most of my time! :mrgreen: ), as well as that fab movie theater. Already rec’d and faved. :)

Why, thank you, thank you Star! I didn't realize that we started uploading to the Exchange around the same time. I've always liked all of your builds too. Yeah, I'm not too good on starters, I can never manage to stay within the budget (kind of like in RL, lol). I appreciate all of your nice comments, as I never know if others will like what I build--I am my worst critic. Thanks again! :)
    edited February 15
    CARRINGTON COURT CONDOS, 34x29 Residential apartment lot, 11/15/12

Unfortunately, my studio became full and had exceeded the quota limit, so had to start deleting some of my studio items - this is one of them. :(

I've made apartment complexes before but just for my own fun and never tried the whole room marker thing because I never took the time to learn about it. So this was my first time building an apartment that Sims can actually live in. This was created for Seascape's House Hunters competition (modeled after the HGTV House Hunters TV show). The challenge was to build a 1 bedroom apartment/condo with specific criteria for under $100,000.

Post edited by Sandraelle on
    edited November 2012
    This looks just beautiful, Sandraele! Loved your storytelling, loved the hip and chic decor!

Rec'ing now!

T

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top