Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

** Moon Valley - A Fairytale World ** by elle0808 :)

Comments

• Options
    MilenyNodaMilenyNoda Posts: 474 Member
    edited October 2012
    elle0808 wrote:
    Test version 4, with sidewalks and more sim-routable terrain, now uploaded http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6550370

i really want to try this world so bad :D but i am having problems with the download link
    the wolrd looks amazing
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited October 2012
    Sounds good, Elle. But I think the Exchange is down this evening. I will check back tomorrow to see if I can download the new test version then.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    :D:D:D:D:D im loving it so much the town is perfect its the best love the houses ADORABLE, just what i have been looking for im glad i came across here. who built the houses in the world they r the best? what can i say thank u so much its fantastic :):wink:

<3 i will take pics of my faeries in ur world toms to share they r loving it as much as i am
  • Options
    elle0808elle0808 Posts: 2,419 Member
    edited October 2012
    thank you for the update tammyjo! i'm really glad your lag stopped. i get that stutter sometimes too. i presume it has to do with either sims/pets etc spawning or a stuck sim or animal that manages to unstick itself lol. i'm glad laying sidewalks was worthwhile :D

Hey HappySimmer! No rush :) Hopefully the exchange is ok today, now they've done the update.

I'm glad you were able to download it MilenyNoda :D Many of the lots were built by me, but many were built by BakingNerd and Vera_J, who kindly let me use some creations from their studios. If you read the lot description, you will see the name of the creator at the bottom, if you wish to know who built which ones. I'm really pleased you like the world and the houses :-)

• Options
    edited October 2012
    elle0808 wrote:
    thank you for the update tammyjo! i'm really glad your lag stopped. i get that stutter sometimes too. i presume it has to do with either sims/pets etc spawning or a stuck sim or animal that manages to unstick itself lol. i'm glad laying sidewalks was worthwhile :D

Hey HappySimmer! No rush :) Hopefully the exchange is ok today, now they've done the update.

I'm glad you were able to download it MilenyNoda :D Many of the lots were built by me, but many were built by BakingNerd and Vera_J, who kindly let me use some creations from their studios. If you read the lot description, you will see the name of the creator at the bottom, if you wish to know who built which ones. I'm really pleased you like the world and the houses :-)

I love ur world ti plays very smoothly no lag was experience......are u planning to Add any other update to it? :D
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    this may be the last test version, but I'm not sure. It all depends if any more bugs are found. If none are found, then the next version will be the final one. I probably wont add anything more to the world now, unless i get any good ideas. I may do a second version for Seasons as well though :-)
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    [img][/img]
    elle0808 wrote:
    this may be the last test version, but I'm not sure. It all depends if any more bugs are found. If none are found, then the next version will be the final one. I probably wont add anything more to the world now, unless i get any good ideas. I may do a second version for Seasons as well though :-)

this world will look amazing in winter canttttttt wait :-) im so glad i found it
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I can't wait to see it covered in snow!
  • Options
    BakingNerdBakingNerd Posts: 3,932 Member
    edited October 2012
    Hi Elle! I just wanted to pop in and say how beautiful the world looks! I was so excited when I saw the pictures in the thread even more so when I noticed that some of the builds were mine! I'm honoured that you've used them :)

You've done such a wonderful job, CAW completely baffles me. It's completely gorgeous.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Thank you BakingNerd! Your lots really helped me make the world what it is. Thank you!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I'm assuming that the lack of posts since version 4 as a good thing, meaning there's no issues to report :mrgreen: But if anyone does find an issue of any kind, please let me know so I can address it for the final version :wink: It looks like we are close to being able to make the final version official now :D Thank you all for your help, again!
  • Options
    ELIROCELIROC Posts: 2,318 Member
    edited October 2012
    What can I say?.....

A M A Z I N G ! ! !

Beautiful, original, complete world. I love the texture of the roads, the style of the houses, the village, the beautiful waterfalls. WOW!

Congratulations (I'll recommend, of course!)
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    thank you ELIROC! :D

BTW if anyone from this thread has sent me an FR today, I'm getting emails saying I have FRs but when I go to accept them, nothing is there, so I'm thinking there's a site glitch today :?
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Hi elle been enjoying your world very much. There is something i saw today while playing since patch 1.42 we can actually swim now on the lakes or beaches.... i took my sim to the waterfall beach in the middle of the world and when my sim was walking around i couldnt see her feet it look like the sand cover her feet is you know what i mean, and she had trouble walking i thought she was about to get stuck and all of the sudden a horse was on the hair walking this happen only on that side of the world maybe its the patch im thinking.. just wondering if anyone else had the same issues

loving your world Elle i really cant wait for seasons to arrived and make it full of snow amazingly beautiful :D
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    elle0808 wrote:
    thank you ELIROC! :D

BTW if anyone from this thread has sent me an FR today, I'm getting emails saying I have FRs but when I go to accept them, nothing is there, so I'm thinking there's a site glitch today :?

i tried to add you :D
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Thanks for letting me know Mileny! I'll look in to that. I didn't even know there was a new patch :oops: . I'm thinking I will need to backup everything and re-download CAW if I install it. Was your sim able to swim in the sea and lake with the waterfall? The routing in the lake shows as red (terrain too steep for sims) in CAW, but I'm not sure if that would prevent them from swimming or not :? . I'm glad I didn't release the final version before this patch! That could have been problematic.
  • Options
    Sarien18Sarien18 Posts: 45
    edited October 2012
    I am loving the look of this world - I'm going to download it right now and start play testing. :)
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Hi Elle yes my sims were able to swim :D that was not a problem at all :D
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Some pictures of my vampire sim in your gorgeous world :D

Screenshot-15.jpg

Screenshot-19.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    644076_511705208842515_143114779_n.jpg

14190_511076062238763_1562117302_n.jpg

:wink:

• Options
    edited October 2012
    thanks for the pics! they are great :mrgreen:

I guess I need to back up my files and update the game and CAW, but I'm scared to lol. It went fine with the last patch, but as this one adds such a major update to game-play, i'm more concerned this time :?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    elle0808 wrote:
    thanks for the pics! they are great :mrgreen:

I guess I need to back up my files and update the game and CAW, but I'm scared to lol. It went fine with the last patch, but as this one adds such a major update to game-play, i'm more concerned this time :?

I experience no major bug with this update i was scare of updating it too though :/ but i finally had the courage to do it :D
  • Options
    sharonxyzsharonxyz Posts: 811 Member
    edited November 2012
    Hi Elle,

Really enjoying v.4!! I have not lag at all, you totally fixed it, nice work! The only things I still notice as "off" are old issues, namely the unfurnished windfall of a room at the inns. I'm okay with ignoring it, and I don't choose that option, but perhaps boarding houses, while a wonderfully creative idea, just don't have the ability to work. Besides the apts. in cities, I really haven't seen the public space in a residence work properly yet, in my own experiences.

Besides that, I give the world a huge thumbs up and find it absolutely gorgeous!

hugs,
    Sharon
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    thanks sharon :) I find that the apartment/inns work as I intended, other than this 'giving money' for buying unfurnished. But I don't even get that bug cos I don't get the option to buy unfurnished in my game :? quite strange lol. I think I will export the world and backup that export file, in case the update does something bad, and that way I will have a final version of the world that I know works. Then update the game and CAW, and see if CAW still functions well, and if it does then I can ensure everything works properly in the world with the update and export again. That way I am covered if the patch borks everything lol.
  • Options
    sharonxyzsharonxyz Posts: 811 Member
    edited November 2012
    Hi Elle,

Any idea why it doesn't give you the same option to buy unfurnished? Odd. I guess if one is a player who money cheats, receiving over 100,000 simoleons is a nice start in life (I use various cheats as I wish, it's a single player game so doesn't matter really). If one doesn't want the moolah, rent furnished.

Again, I'm okay with that, I just don't want you getting posts about it for months or years to come :shock:

sharon