Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game update 1.42 is out!! YES

Comments

• Kl0udZKl0udZ Posts: 14
    edited October 2012
    Pcd1love2u wrote:
    Did anyone download and install the patch yet? I'm trying but i keep getting an error while im installing... :cry: I have no mods so i don't know what the problem is...?

im installing the patch now all im in the uk, all i did was keep refreshing my launcher until the update came up. MY patch is done, so ive installed it, but seriously all i did was refresh my launcher. before i installed and re-installed my game and all the updates were gone and they werent coming up for ages and i just refreshed my launcher for like 60 times until the updates came up.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited October 2012
    For those who want to play but have to wait on mod updates, just rename your sims 3 folder (in my documents) and let a brand new game be created. Update your game and play around with the new features.

When your mods are updated. Then you can either copy your saved games over or rename the folder again and update everything.
  • knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    edited October 2012
    After refreshing my launcher several times I get the debug error and it crashes.
  • angldiorangldior Posts: 4,379 Member
    edited October 2012
    I'm so excited to finally have my sims swim in The ocean. I probably won't update until tomorrow though or whenever my mods are updated.
  • StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    edited October 2012
    ladeeGee wrote:
    this is the page link where it list what's in the patch. You should be able to see it when you log in on the home page to the right.

http://www.thesims3.com/community/news.html?selMonth=9&selYear=2012#1020063817

Thank you so much for posting that! I couldn't find it! :lol:
  • SIMplifiedSIMplified Posts: 4,536 Member
    edited October 2012
    I won't be updating until Twallan does. I hope people don't hound him. I love his work, and I'm excited for this patch, but he doesn't live to serve us.
  • KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited October 2012
    Diving boards?
    I'm uncontrollably excited!!

Alienexcited.gif

I'll try and get it tomorrow, if my launcher will let me
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • eisandeeisande Posts: 24
    edited October 2012
    I didn't see any mention of this but does anyone know if the wedding gifts and Ghostly Presence glitches were fixed with this patch? I am guessing not since neither was mentioned but it can't hurt to ask!
  • KirstyLKirstyL Posts: 974 Member
    edited October 2012
    I'm waiting for the mods to be updated, but has anybody seen what the new attraction system is like yet?
    imgad2-1.png
  • WaltzDreamsWaltzDreams Posts: 329 Member
    edited October 2012
    Attraction? :shock: I hope this doesn't mess up my new legacy couple (they're still teenagers, so I can't have them get married yet).

Swimming in the ocean sounds rad though. Updating my game now and hoping for the best later on. I'm afraid to get on the game right now, while I'm charging all of my electronics (the hurricane is on its way- stay safe, all!), but I'll definitely be checking this out later, assuming all is well.
  • Simmer2009Simmer2009 Posts: 123 New Member
    edited October 2012
    I'm having problems updating. First, the option to update doesn't come up, but when I click 'refresh' my launcher just crashes (I think this is a mac problem). I've tried loads of times and the option to update came up once, but when I clicked it nothing happened...? :evil:
  • LadyJoker91LadyJoker91 Posts: 16 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Hey everyone. I have been struggling to get this thing installed since 11am. At first I got the message about the regional code. I took care of that easily by changing the number. Now I have the issue with getting "invalid file" near the end of installation. I know I have the up to date version of Origin. I took out all of my mods and none of my games are downloads or ripped. Any help?
  • pxlchickpxlchick Posts: 6 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Mine asks if I want to update, starts the process, and ... nothing happens. Next time I open the launcher, it asks if I want to update again. :shock:
  • Simmer2009Simmer2009 Posts: 123 New Member
    edited October 2012
    I'm getting fed up. Might just try to find a manual update.
  • Kendra326Kendra326 Posts: 515 Member
    edited October 2012
    Ahh I didn't even know about this! Diving boards = yay! Going to update. :)
  • lydiad206lydiad206 Posts: 3,747 Member
    edited October 2012
    SIMplified wrote:
    I won't be updating until Twallan does. I hope people don't hound him. I love his work, and I'm excited for this patch, but he doesn't live to serve us.

I agree.

Kind of glad this patch was released on a Monday, because I usually only have time to play during the weekends.
    er0s4g.jpg
  • Gleeky321Gleeky321 Posts: 2,995 New Member
    edited October 2012
    I finally got it to update now I'm just waiting for 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and twallan bu they can take there time
  • TenshinoshinTenshinoshin Posts: 167 Member
    edited October 2012
    Anyone know if we'll be able to add blueprints to our library eventually? I really like the system.
  • emzeo85emzeo85 Posts: 365 Member
    edited October 2012
    the patch not showing up in my launcher
  • PsychoMasterXPsychoMasterX Posts: 2,553 New Member
    edited October 2012
    I love the new patch :D
  • GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited October 2012
    Yes, patch installed. :D
  • gizmobellagizmobella Posts: 19
    edited October 2012
    I can't play and check out the updates until the weekend. Does anyone know if this patch fixed the glitch that caused werewolves to randomly change their appearance?
  • betty_me13betty_me13 Posts: 3,285 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Can anyone tell me where the new attraction system thinggy is?
  • LadyJoker91LadyJoker91 Posts: 16 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Anyone jump over the "Invalid File found" hurdle? :(
  • lydiad206lydiad206 Posts: 3,747 Member
    edited October 2012
    Memories can finally be disabled in options with the new patch. :D
    er0s4g.jpg