The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MAKING THE MAC PROBLEMS KNOWN WORLDWIDE!

Ok guys i'm fed up with the sims 3 on mac's, with this recent patch things have become worse! I been working on this for 3 years now! I'm thinking about writing into a game magazine and trying to get an article out on the problem. Not just in one magazine as many as we can get. Post a list of problems you believe should be in the article and write down your user name in the message so when i give the list over they will know it's a wide spread problem. We shouldn't be treated like this. We spent the same amount of money for the game as pc people and we should be able to play just like the pc!

Comments

• Purpl3PandaZPurpl3PandaZ Posts: 841 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Uhm... I'm pretty sure a game magazine won't write an article about why Sims 3 is buggy on Macs. Mine isn't that bad. Sure it doesn't work as well as PC, but it DOES work. How about we write to them about all the 100s of other amazing games that aren't even available on the Mac, hmm?
  • cutie9676cutie9676 Posts: 135 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Well i'm glad yours is working but if you look around like the Exception Raised error forums this is a huge problem that makes the game unplayable! If your game plays good then great but i'm speaking for mac users who have exception raised errors and random crash playing with the same specs and same things as a pc player but whats the difference! the game crashes, freezes and errors pop up every minute. Just because you don't agree with what i'm trying to do, don't try to put me down and say it's useless because somebody might find it helpful.
  • ivinianivinian Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited October 2012
    She wasn't putting you down. You assumed that all on your own. It can't be easy to go through life thinking that all disagreement is a put-down or insult, but I'm kinda with her on this one. I can sympathize with your frustration and share it, but I'm not sure this idea is going to fly far.

The Sims 3 wasn't written for Macs. It only works for us because of emulators. That it works at all is a bit of a miracle. Probably better to look into why the emulation works like it does. I doubt you'll find many PC magazines that would find the concept of emulation issues novel, especially with regard to a platform that owns so little of the PC gaming market. You'd probably have way better luck pitching the idea to Mac-oriented mags, since PC owners don't typically care much about the Mac side of computing anyway. But hey, it's your free time. I'm certainly not going to dictate how you use it.
    edited October 2012
    Well yes i'm very frustrated but i'm not gonna apologize for what i feel. I'm not the type of person to just sit back and let this stuff go unfixed you might get my frustration when you hear my story. I got a macbook pro and the sims 3 games for a dream come true gift. which i got because i'm sick. I'm not saying this for pity i'm just say these people gave me a once in a lifetime gift and i feel that well the the game should work. EA might not have written the game for mac's but they MADE IT AVAILABLE FOR MACS which means it SHOULD WORK FOR MACS. I just want the game to work like it use to when late night came out. Anyway you may not think it's a bad idea but as i wrote in the exception raised error forum i'm currently in touch with an editor of a game magazine and the article is in the works. I'm doing this for the better of the game hopefully you well see the point of this.
    Also i know it's cider, if ea is going use it they should make it workable or label the mac side of the game as BETA
  • itsaprilXDitsaprilXD Posts: 642 Member
    edited October 2012
    Short story is: macs were never designed for gaming.
    Sure, they do work, but every game that you play on a mac will have SOME issues with it, some more than others. Sims 3, for example.

And, I'm not putting you down or anything, but writing to a game magazine really would be useless. They're not interested in a few game glitches, nobody is. They're there to advertise popular games and write reviews.

And anyway, if you're having so many issues with your game, ever thought of actually looking into it and finding ways to minimise those errors or fix them for good? Instead of getting all frustrated on here?

You're not the only one with extreme in-game issues, look around the mac forums and you'll find hundreds of people with the same issues you have, and they'll be finding ways to fix them.

Just my opinion in this.
  • knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    edited October 2012
    itsaprilXD wrote:
    Short story is: macs were never designed for gaming.
    Sure, they do work, but every game that you play on a mac will have SOME issues with it, some more than others. Sims 3, for example.

The Sims 3 is the only game I've had issues with on a Mac, all the other games i've played on my iMac have had no issues at all.

I might just go back to using Bootcamp and Windows because I've never had issues playing on a PC.
  • itsaprilXDitsaprilXD Posts: 642 Member
    edited October 2012
    The Sims 3 is the only game I've had issues with on a Mac, all the other games i've played on my iMac have had no issues at all.

I might just go back to using Bootcamp and Windows because I've never had issues playing on a PC.

Some computers have more issues with the game than others. ;)
    From what I've hear, iMac is probably the best for the sims anyway (it already has higher performance), where-as a MBP is only good for one or too expansions.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited October 2012
    itsaprilXD wrote:
    Some computers have more issues with the game than others. ;)
    From what I've hear, iMac is probably the best for the sims anyway (it already has higher performance), where-as a MBP is only good for one or too expansions.

What you hear is complete and utter rubbish. What Mac(s) do you play on? After having spent many hours sifting through different specs. and mixtures of EPs and SPs installed, there seems to be no common denominator when it comes to the problems. I would hazard a guess as to RAM issues because the game has appalling memory leaks, as many have reported. I would also risk saying that save game files seem to be an issue too, as others have also reported. Apart from that there is only one simple answer - that the game runs sub-standard in OS X because it is emulating the Windows OS and not running natively.
    apple-signature.png
    edited October 2012
    Well itsaprilXD thats your opinion which is fine but just be more open to other opinions. Speak to the editor he says it would be a great article. And the article not about some "minor" glitches which you can ask anyone they make the game unplayable. There is no game to play if you have these glitches. And as far as looking into the problem well i have every since Generations came out so i have put A LOT OF ENEGRY INTO THIS EVERYDAY just because i want to play my game. I can't fix something it i don't know the list of code. For every program written there is a list written down of code and companies don't just put it out there for special reason. I've made plenty of programs but i haven't gone to college yet so i'm not an expert in programing. And i have put out a post on ways to minimise these issues but these no longer work because of the new patches. I've put in a lot of effort into fixing this game.

As far as the MBP not being able to play the sim my mac is more than capable of playing this my game runs very FAST I have no problem with with lag or anything i love my mac i have no problems at all with it is the best computer i've every had and will probably stay that way. As far as getting windows i would but i don't have any way legally to get it so i can't go that way.