Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sweet Treats worst stuff pack ever?

Comments

• FormelxFormelx Posts: 578 New Member
    edited October 2012
    I can't say, the only stuff pack I have is Diesel for this series. However I got all the expansion packs plus Lucky Plams, Sunlit Tides, Riverview and Brancle Bay.
    I hate Hidden Springs and Lunar Lakes, with expection of Diesel I don't buy stuff packs for this series. I got Diesel as a gift from a friend.
  • heidi11576heidi11576 Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited October 2012
    oh cry me a river..so you dont like it..get over it already and buy something else..too much whining on this board..its really rude to those who like the pack
  • jeanamariex3jeanamariex3 Posts: 1,274
    edited October 2012
    LOL, Heidi, the ones that like this SP are just butt hurt because EA isn't catering to them specifically, so they have to whine like two year olds.
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    edited October 2012
    I dunno if this is the worst stuff pack :/
    I only have a few stuff packs, but my least favorite has to be Outdoor Living <.< Just because of the fact that you have to buy majority of the cool looking stuff with SimPoints like what the heck? My mom went out of her pockets to buy a $20 stuff pack that only has maybe a few items you can get in buy mode without SimPoints =.= I just found out about SimPoints once I downloaded it.
    I watched the KP stuff pack trailer on youtube and it doesn't really appeal to me in any way, but I know I'm most likely going to get it anyways. As for the people wondering "Why do people buy it anyways, if they know they'll hate the package?" Well, if y'all may know, there's a thing called "hoardering" xD Lol. I'm a pretty guilty hoarder at times. I'll just feel like I'm missing out on something if I don't get all of the expansions+stuff packs.
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • hummingbird41556hummingbird41556 Posts: 921 Member
    edited October 2012
    So far, I still think the lamest stuff pack prize is a toss up between Sweet Treats and Fast Lane. Both do things to the game that shouldn't be in a Stuff pack. With Fast Lane, our Sims suddenly have a relationship with their cars (My Sims don't OWN cars anymore!) and Sweet Treats places that stupid Bon Bon Lawn in every newly created town I start. I have to edit town to remove it, since it is almost an unusable place anyway. I did actually try to play it before removing it.

Some of the outfits in Sweet Treats are really stupid. Others are cute and just what I was looking for for my Sim. My Sims will NOT be wearing big candy mints or cupcakes on their chests, thank you very much. LOL But one of my favorite workout outfits and swimsuits actually come from this stuff pack.
  • EiraRoseEiraRose Posts: 203 Member
    edited October 2012
    heidi11576 wrote:
    oh cry me a river..so you dont like it..get over it already and buy something else..too much whining on this board..its really rude to those who like the pack

So you decided to come onto a forum discussion called "Sweet Treats worst stuff pack ever?" and claimed WE'RE being rude to YOU?
    That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. We're entitled to an opinion and some of us don't like Katy Perry, or the stuff pack. I'm sorry it offends you.
    LOL, Heidi, the ones that like this SP are just butt hurt because EA isn't catering to them specifically, so they have to whine like two year olds.

I think you mean "don't" like? Fail. If you're going to make rude comments about people, at least use the right implication. I'm sorry that you chose to come onto this forum post and chose to make rude comments about the opinions of others. It's obviously our "butt hurt" causing us to "whine like two year olds" ... Do you hear yourself? If you don't like what we're talking about.. why are you even on here. You're not even saying something productive, it's all negative. If you like the stuff pack, good for you. You're not the only one but not everyone will.
    edited October 2012
    EiraRose wrote:
    heidi11576 wrote:

So you decided to come onto a forum discussion called "Sweet Treats worst stuff pack ever?" and claimed WE'RE being rude to YOU?
    That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. We're entitled to an opinion and some of us don't like Katy Perry, or the stuff pack. I'm sorry it offends you.

I think you mean "don't" like? Fail. If you're going to make rude comments about people, at least use the right implication. I'm sorry that you chose to come onto this forum post and chose to make rude comments about the opinions of others. It's obviously our "butt hurt" causing us to "whine like two year olds" ... Do you hear yourself? If you don't like what we're talking about.. why are you even on here. You're not even saying something productive, it's all negative. If you like the stuff pack, good for you. You're not the only one but not everyone will.

I don't think you read my post thoroughly, hun. Because if you read the fine print, I clearly said that people are whining because any new concept done in Sims 3, that wasn't recycled in Sims 2, that isn't pets, weather or magic (those three things are welcome in my TS3 game, and everyone KNEW they would return!), more like we want an expansion pack that people couldn't care less about in TS2, exactly the same in Sims 3. Sims 3 has new concepts for a reason. I never said you were 2 years old for not liking this stuff pack, I said you were two for repetitive demanding for University, OFB, Apartment Life and Bon Voyage, in all caps. But I guess it's easy to get bent out of shape over nothing around here. I simply said I respect people's opinion, but there's no need to get bent out of shape over a game. It's not like you're paying $20 to play online. The social features are free, and this is just a game. :roll:
    edited October 2012
    The worst stuff pack was Diesel. -.-

That one looked bad so I didnt buy it..the worst packs that I bought were fast lane and outdoor living..bleh! lol
    edited October 2012
    I feel like Outdoor Living is really just a repeat of Mansion and Garden Stuff, and that there was honestly no real need for it. We already had the gardening stuff in the TS3 base game, soooo no real need. Town Life is just excess rabbit holes. I'm tired of more serious themes, and am glad SN and KPST came out. I'm excited for the decade theme one.

edited October 2012
    I liked Mansion and Garden though! :)
    edited October 2012
    heidi11576 wrote:
    I liked Mansion and Garden though! :)

LOL Me too. I liked how it had the new gardening options, etc. But we have it for the base game, sooo there was no need for OLS.
  • Trish1966Trish1966 Posts: 1,010 Member
    edited October 2012
    Can't really say I 'like' this SP. I like a few of the objects that came with it, but the clothes are horrendous! The cupcake bra and the stuff with the candy all over it is too over the top for me. I'm not real choosy with my SP's and EP's, but this was a bit much even for me.
  • 1Tamika11Tamika1 Posts: 8
    edited October 2012
    I think sweet treats is okay!

But i love the sims pets and fast lane better!

• Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    edited November 2012
    *Sigh*...
    I personally think that KPST was a waste of Money, and in fact I think all copies should be burned and then recycled into something better! :L
    Now, I love Katy Perry. She's talented, beautiful and has a wonderful story behind her, but this Game is the biggest piece of crud I've ever bought...

I apologize to Simmers like Heidi and Jeana, because they are probably going to call me a name like a 'Whiner' or a 'Complainer' like they have with the others on this thread who are voicing their opinions and I respect the fans of this SP's opinion as well!

It's just that if this SP was something different and not endorsed by Katy Perry, then I would of liked it. For me Katy Perry's style is something entirely different then Candy and Sweets...
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
    edited November 2012
    Fordee09 wrote:

I apologize to Simmers like Heidi and Jeana, because they are probably going to call me a name like a 'Whiner' or a 'Complainer' like they have with the others on this thread who are voicing their opinions and I respect the fans of this SP's opinion as well!

have I called people that really? ugg I apologize then!
    edited November 2012
    heidi11576 wrote:
    Fordee09 wrote:

have I called people that really? ugg I apologize then!

Is it me or am I smelling some Sarcasm coming from this post? :]
    edited November 2012
    Fordee09 wrote:

Is it me or am I smelling some Sarcasm coming from this post? :]

its you..I was being genuine

I dont like people to be mean to one another on these forums..its a game and should be fun
    edited November 2012
    ^ Well I apologize for accusing you of being Sarcastic...
    I guess it's hard to tell if someone actually means something on a Forum.
    edited November 2012
    Fordee09 wrote:
    ^ Well I apologize for accusing you of being Sarcastic...
    I guess it's hard to tell if someone actually means something on a Forum.

That's why people get so butt hurt on this forum. It's like everything just comes across as "rude." :lol:

I'll support anyone's dislike over this SP, I just don't support over analyzing any of the attire, what EA puts on the table, etc. As a Sears associate I actually feel bad for EA!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited November 2012
    people who like a specific pack want to come to the forum to discuss it not see negative threads on it one after the other..why ruin something for everyone else just because you dont like it?

I hated Fast Lane, WA and Outdoor Living but I didnt go to those sections of the forum and create negative threads trying to ruin it for those that liked it
    edited November 2012
    heidi11576 wrote:
    people who like a specific pack want to come to the forum to discuss it not see negative threads on it one after the other..why ruin something for everyone else just because you dont like it?

I hated Fast Lane, WA and Outdoor Living but I didnt go to those sections of the forum and create negative threads trying to ruin it for those that liked it

Agreed! WA is my least favorite, and I don't have OLS or FL, but Town Life is my least favorite, and I don't complain about how much I don't like it. I respect the people that DO love Town Life as much as I love this pack.

However, I'm tired of seeing people under the age of 18 starting "Stop Hate" threads and calling everyone "haters." You never saw us, CLP, Piddlesim, or Ceres_Merona (all 18+) starting threads like that. In fact, I've actually told them, I like this pack too, but respect the ones that don't like this pack.

EDIT: @Heidi: I finally got and accepted your friend request.
    edited November 2012

EDIT: @Heidi: I finally got and accepted your friend request.

I saw :):):)
    edited November 2012

Agreed! WA is my least favorite, and I don't have OLS or FL, but Town Life is my least favorite, and I don't complain about how much I don't like it. I respect the people that DO love Town Life as much as I love this pack.

I didnt buy town life or diesel. I think when I was so disappointed with OLS and FL I realized I dont need to buy every pack when I dont like whats in them lol I knew I wouldnt love fast lane cause i am just not into cars so it was my own fault for buying it...I also knew I felt I had enough patio furniture before OLS lol so again my own fault...but I didnt gripe in those areas of the forum ..I let those that liked them just enjoy them :)
  • BigUglyHagBigUglyHag Posts: 195 Member
    edited November 2012
    Trish1966 wrote:
    Can't really say I 'like' this SP. I like a few of the objects that came with it, but the clothes are horrendous! The cupcake bra and the stuff with the candy all over it is too over the top for me. I'm not real choosy with my SP's and EP's, but this was a bit much even for me.

I do like the furniture, but Trish is right the clothes are horrendous! The cupcake and peppermint tops are totally disgusting and never should have been allowed to be released in a Sims expansion pack. The designers of those should be fired. That content is totally inappropriate for a game played by so many young teen aged girls. In October the Sims Facebook team were asking Simmers to post pics of themselves dressed as Sims. What parent is going to "OK" with their daughter uploading pics of herself dressed up in a home made version of one of those tops? Which member of the EA team is planning on standing up and taking responsibility for the child who is injured or kidnapped as a result of posting pics of herself in one one those nasty tops? EA needs to make a way for users to be able to identify and remove unwanted (and disgusting) content from their stuff packs.....since they obviously are incapable of distinguishing the difference between "sexy" and "🐸🐸🐸🐸".
    haggysiggywip.png
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited December 2012
    Then they should get rid of all the woohoo spots, making out scenes, insane sims wearing bikini's in school, evil traits, slapping sims, fighting and etc. :mrgreen: because maybe the kids will want to slap, fight, woohoo, make out, wear bikini's to school and so forth as well. ;)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie