Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else Playing Patch-Free???

I just got a new computer so I had to re-install TS3. :D My old computer used to run soooooo slowly and now with my new one, I can run it on max settings. :mrgreen: I've never had the game crash and I'm afraid of downloading the patches for fear of it. :shock: :XD:

I've heard way too many horror stories about the patches. :hunf: And, so far, none of the issues in the patches have applied to me (old and new computer).

So, is anyone else playing patch-free??? 8)

Comments

• Options
    SimCrazySimCrazy Posts: 9,908 Member
    edited August 2009
    I only have patch 1.2.7
  • Options
    skunky_xskunky_x Posts: 191 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i think a lot of the problems caused are to do with mods and CC that have been installed.

plus it's very hit and miss when it comes to whether or not you crash or not.

i have the patches, and i have had no major problems...
  • Options
    NattieNattie Posts: 1,315 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I have the first patch unfortuanately, but that's it. I didn't know better then.
  • Options
    arbiter4arbiter4 Posts: 479 New Member
    edited August 2009
    What's wrong with patches? I have all of em'.
  • Options
    Pamlee7Pamlee7 Posts: 374 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Yup - I have NOT installed any of the patches. I have read so many stories from others about all the problems that I decided to wait.

My game runs just fine without any of the patches so until there is a patch where people say it is Great.....I will wait.
  • Options
    Rockangel48Rockangel48 Posts: 459 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I only have the first one... it didnt change anything cause my game was already fine. lol Maybe a little faster on the speed though.
  • Options
    freakingoddessfreakingoddess Posts: 253 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I am playing totally patch free, for the same reasons as you-fear of it screwing up my game! I don't care about little glitch things, and I'm not even sure I have the bugs it fixes, but the random babies and moving out of families has become a nuisance-I bounce around the neighbourhood like crazy impregnating, getting jobs, starting relationships, but leaving so I don't lose any sims or allow them to spawn babies. I've managed to keep everyone, but I'm not getting any quality game time in as a result!

So, I'm mulling over the patch!
  • Options
    rodier1128rodier1128 Posts: 903 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I only have 1.2.7 or whatever too, i can't install the new one, so thats all i can get.
  • Options
    DANIW523DANIW523 Posts: 782 New Member
    edited August 2009
    The only one I might consider downloading is the 1st one. I want to install some CC hair but I'm afraid of that too. But I'll try it and see what happens. :?:
  • Options
    masha123masha123 Posts: 238 New Member
    edited August 2009
    just teh first patch. heard horror stories bout the most recent one so not gonna install it
  • Options
    StarbucaneerStarbucaneer Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited August 2009
    everything was fine untill patch 1.4 grrr!

have turned off autoupdate! but alas too late... wish there was an uninstall option :(
    Simming since the beginning! :)
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Where can I download just the 1st (1.2.7) Patch?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Bump
  • Options
    Jamieboy1Jamieboy1 Posts: 157 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I have them all, and it doubled my FPS in game, so I have not had a problem (Yet) I can now run on higher graphics than before =].
  • Options
    WindsorErickWindsorErick Posts: 2,796 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Here's the thing, a lot of people on these forums are dodos when it comes to patches! :? A lot of them say it's the patch causing crashes, but it is installed mods or programs that were made using the other previous patches! These patches only "patch" things up, they should be reducing crashing by 75% each new patch.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I need to download the 1st patch only for now. Where can I find it?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Either on the game launcher- "Updates" or on the site- "help".
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Here's the thing, a lot of people on these forums are dodos when it comes to patches! :? A lot of them say it's the patch causing crashes, but it is installed mods or programs that were made using the other previous patches! These patches only "patch" things up, they should be reducing crashing by 75% each new patch.
    QFT. That's why I don't use mods. At most I'll download some items such as hair/houses but never any mods :?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    What's Qft? Well mods are an easy thing to dispose of! :lol: You just need to go to your package files and delete them and download an updated version of that mod, and presto... You have a new MOD usable by the latest patch! :-o
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    QFT = Quoted for truth :lol:
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    B.U.M.P.
  • Options
    Aurelia_MezaAurelia_Meza Posts: 116 New Member
    edited August 2009
    now do anyone know how can i get back to the old patch i end up installing 1.3 but not 1.4 or do i have to reinstall the game again and look for the patch that fixs just speed and what not.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited August 2009
    DANIW523 wrote:
    I just got a new computer so I had to re-install TS3. :D My old computer used to run soooooo slowly and now with my new one, I can run it on max settings. :mrgreen: I've never had the game crash and I'm afraid of downloading the patches for fear of it. :shock: :XD:

I've heard way too many horror stories about the patches. :hunf: And, so far, none of the issues in the patches have applied to me (old and new computer).

So, is anyone else playing patch-free??? 8)

If you are not encountering any problems, you shouldn't have to worry about the patches. "If it is not broke, why fix it." Some of those horror stories may be due to people DLing patches while mods were installed.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    dragonmaster626dragonmaster626 Posts: 3,716 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i'm playing with all the patchs and their isn't any thing wrong with the game other then the very minnor bug that alot of new games can end up having not much of any thing to worry about unless you want the grim reaper to do tfb with out making him a playable sim then their shouldn't be any real troubles
  • Options
    SimsAndTheCitySimsAndTheCity Posts: 91 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I'm still patch free but using the workaround to fix the story progression problem. It's working for me so I don't wanna risk the patch and some of the horror stories if what I have is going well. The benefits don't seem that great and you can't have grim babies!