Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

4? Really?!?

I am seriously disturbed by all of the references to TS4 floating around! I enjoy my 3 too much & don't want to have to start over! :cry:

Comments

• Taranatar9Taranatar9 Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited October 2012
    Who says you have to do a thing? Some of us are tired of the pudding faces and rabbit holes and are ready to move on.
  • AMariseSAMariseS Posts: 2,458 Member
    edited October 2012
    Oh, so expansions will continue to come out for 3?
  • ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited October 2012
    edited October 2012
    AMariseS wrote:

No, but you already have or will have eight and it seems likely there will be a ninth. That should be plenty by any reasonable standard.
    edited October 2012
    Taranatar9 wrote:
    AMariseS wrote:

No, but you already have or will have eight and it seems likely there will be a ninth. That should be plenty by any reasonable standard.

Wow. Haven't ever posted before to get such nasty replies. I thought this was a much more friendly site.
  • tbluetblue Posts: 474 Member
    edited October 2012
    AMariseS wrote:
    I am seriously disturbed by all of the references to TS4 floating around! I enjoy my 3 too much & don't want to have to start over! :cry:

tbh i wouldnt worry about it till there is an official anouncement of ts4...till then just enjoy what you have
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited October 2012
    AMariseS wrote:

I feel the same way, AMariseS. :cry:

I feel there is so much more that can be done with the sims 3.

When sims 3 came out, I was accustomed to playing ALL the e.ps and stuff packs from sims 2 so the sims 3 became boring very quickly. I'm converted now but I still miss a lot from the old games.

But there is still a lot to come for sims 3...

*Seasons will be released next month
    *70's, 80's and 90's stuff is comming soon
    *They have pretty much unoffically confirmed a University E.p
    *There is probably another stuff pack in production (SimGuruSarah has moved onto the stuff pack team and said she is working on something that hasn't even been hinted at yet).
    *There has just been a new survey with 4 potential e.p ideas on it.
    *New world Monte Vista is in development for the store.

So don't be too upset! Big hug!
    edited October 2012
    AMariseS wrote:
    Taranatar9 wrote:
    AMariseS wrote:

Wow. Haven't ever posted before to get such nasty replies. I thought this was a much more friendly site.

Most people are nice! Ignore anything you feel is unfriendly/unhelpful. :wink:
  • ZombyTurtleZombyTurtle Posts: 100 New Member
    edited October 2012
    How are any of these comments horrible? 9 Expansions IS enough and more than most games would ever get. More is always nice but not necessary.

I for one am hoping the Sims 4 will be announced soon, as the sims 3 engine is badly designed and many features which would greatly improve the game are impossible on the current engine. Path finding, for one is a problem the sims 3 experiences and is unfixable without a brand new engine.

Besides 4 will most likely not be released until late 2013 or 2014 so theres still another year at least of sims 3 content.
    edited October 2012
    AMariseS wrote:
    Taranatar9 wrote:
    AMariseS wrote:

:roll: My reply was not "nasty" in any way, shape or form. I stated my position and I stated it politely. If you're offended by that, the fault lies with you.
    edited October 2012
    Ea is a big company... they can have seperate teams for both until sims 3 is squared away.
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited October 2012
    AMariseS wrote:
    Taranatar9 wrote:
    AMariseS wrote:

This is usually considered the worst section of the Sims 3 forums (usually... other sections sometimes get worse, but in general this is the low point, in part because the mods use, or at least used to use, this forum as a dumping ground for any thread they want to kill). Feedback can be both positive and negative, and in text the negative often comes across harsher than intended.

That said... I don't think you have to worry. The issue with looking to TS4 is simply the fact that TS3 has some inherent problems within its design that prevents it from being upgraded in the way people like combined with the fact that EA made certain decisions with Sims 3 that people would like changed, but which either aren't possible due to programming limits (the pod babies pretty much can't be changed by EA due to this) or the fact they intentionally made it this way and didn't expect the reaction (both World Adventures and Ambitions, being updated versions of Bon Voyage and Open For Business respectively, suffer this; ironic in that in both cases, they would be perfectly fine as they are without being marketed as the upgraded versions of those two).

That said, nothing says you need to upgrade when it comes out, and it probably won't come out until well into next year. And when it does, you'll want to delay due to bug fixes needed at launch (pretty much every computer game released as of late has this issue, so it's not an EA thing) that will be necessary.
    edited October 2012
    Taranatar9 wrote:
    AMariseS wrote:
    Taranatar9 wrote:
    AMariseS wrote:

:roll: My reply was not "nasty" in any way, shape or form. I stated my position and I stated it politely. If you're offended by that, the fault lies with you.

@Taranatar9: Yeah. Notice how you edited it to take out the "Don't be greedy" comment. Whatever.

@Everyone else: Thanks. I agree that I'm not loving all of the bugs associated with 3, but I've become very attached & don't have scads of money to go into buying a new base when I've finished with all of the cool stuff 3 includes, so just felt a bit bummed that they're already looking to end this experience. It certainly doesn't feel as though it's been 2 years.
  • Urosh1994Urosh1994 Posts: 2,425 Member
    edited October 2012
    I am one of those who do want The Sims 4. Here are my reasons:

1. Improved Gameplay

The Sims 3 producers have admitted that The Sims 3's engine can't support their ideas and that they have to settle for second best, hence why some fans think game is getting worse. It's not expansion packs, it's the base game that can't be built upon.

2. Improved Graphics

Moving on from bubbleheads and un-textured skintones. Better environment and overall effects.

3. More Base Game Features

Every new generation of The Sims brought some things from old generation's EPs to it. The Sims 3 brought cars, gardening and many other things we love. It's time for The Sims 4 to take it to another level and possibly add weather in the base game.

4. It's About Time

The Sims 3 is outdated, that's about it.
    edited October 2012
    AMariseS wrote:

@Everyone else: Thanks. I agree that I'm not loving all of the bugs associated with 3, but I've become very attached & don't have scads of money to go into buying a new base when I've finished with all of the cool stuff 3 includes, so just felt a bit bummed that they're already looking to end this experience. It certainly doesn't feel as though it's been 2 years.

the sims 3 has actually been around for 3 and a half years :D
    edited October 2012
    Double post sorry
  • PsychoMasterXPsychoMasterX Posts: 2,553 New Member
    edited October 2012
    AMariseS wrote:
    Taranatar9 wrote:
    AMariseS wrote:

9 expansion is emough,
    edited October 2012

the fact they intentionally made it this way and didn't expect the reaction (both World Adventures and Ambitions, being updated versions of Bon Voyage and Open For Business respectively, suffer this; ironic in that in both cases, they would be perfectly fine as they are without being marketed as the upgraded versions of those two).

Good point! I like both these e.p's but they don't replace WA and OFB in my view. (SimGuruSemedi said he sees WA and vacations as two different things :wink: )
    edited October 2012
    AMariseS wrote:
    @Taranatar9: Yeah. Notice how you edited it to take out the "Don't be greedy" comment. Whatever.

I got rid of it because it wasn't entirely called for at the time. Now that you've decided to be an *** about it, sure. TS1 fans had seven expansions. TS2 fans had eight. TS3 fans are getting nine and you still think you should have more. Yeah, you're being greedy. Can you think of a better word? Would you prefer spoiled? Entitled?

Yes, this reply could reasonably be considered nasty, but at this point I think you've earned it.
    edited October 2012
    I want to be spoilt please!
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited October 2012
    I'll be glad when TS3 finally comes to an end, but for a different reason. There will be no more EPs and patches to change everything. I'll be able to just sit down, add the mods I want.....maybe some CC and I won't have to keep updating my mods and other things. Then I can just play and not think about what's going to change.

It seems like I put a lot of time and effort into editing a town to get it just like I want it and then a new EP comes out. I lose interest in the town I was working on and move on the the new stuff.

I'm sure that even when TS4 comes out, and even though I know I'll buy it, I'll still be playing TS3. I still play Sims and TS2.

When it comes to TS4 we'll go through the same things we did for TS3.....where's the weather?...where's the pets?...where's the ....whatever....and TS3 will be complete.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
    edited October 2012
    ^^^^ I can see your point. I'm mod free but when they DO stop making sims 3 content (No rush gurus!), I'm going to get a few just to tie up the lose ends. There are some really interesting ones. :D

AMariseS... :D:D:D:D:D
  • jamgirl11jamgirl11 Posts: 433 New Member
    edited October 2012
    I've been playing Sims for 6 years and Sims 3 since its come out and i feel like I'm not ready for the sims 4 to come out. To me it feels like Sims 3 is still full of great opportunities that could be made. If sims 4 DOES come out i want it loaded with everything that sims 3 already has (all the expansions and features in one game). I've put a lot of money into my sims games/sims store account and i don't want to have to keep buying the same games over and over. (example: Sims 2 Night life, Sims 3 Late night, Sims 2 Seasons, Sims 3 seasons) when sims 4 comes out it should have EVERYTHING ready.

• aillaill Posts: 56
    edited October 2012
    I think the sims 3 could have more but because the base game gives limits to the rest i would much prefer sim 4 to come out. The only thing is i dont want to have to buy more Expansions. ITs expensive for a 14 year old!
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited October 2012
    Taranatar9 wrote:
    AMariseS wrote:

I got rid of it because it wasn't entirely called for at the time. Now that you've decided to be an *** about it, sure. TS1 fans had seven expansions. TS2 fans had eight. TS3 fans are getting nine and you still think you should have more. Yeah, you're being greedy. Can you think of a better word? Would you prefer spoiled? Entitled?

Yes, this reply could reasonably be considered nasty, but at this point I think you've earned it.

TS3 may and may not follow a pattern of # of EP's.

#8 is SEAS
    #9 is suspected to be UNI
    # 10 + could be any of the survey listed EP's

Island Time
    Carnival
    Farming
    Luxury Life
    Outdoor Living
    Secret Agent
    Business
    Reality Tv
    Time Travel

If I had to take an educated guess than at least some of these will get implemented into TS3 if not all of them. If popular enough I suppose.

In the surveys, don't they all say: You will now be presented with a description of an upcoming expansion pack for The Sims 3. Please read the description and answer the questions that follow.

Therefore it is possible that all these concepts or at least in some variation is coming to TS3 depending on which EP concept is most voted for and which features are highly liked.

Well imagine 18 EP's for TS3, :lol: I doubt it but you never know what the future holds. I mean maybe some new advanced technology came out and they want to start over on TS4 or something. Yeah right...lol.

All of the concepts sound good to me but Outdoor Living, Island Time, Carnival and Business are the ones I would be most excited for.

I also noticed quite a few business related concepts running throughout some of these concepts so an OFB type EP must be coming in the future.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”