So I've played for around an hour now, and I have plenty of likes and dislikes about the game.
1. Navigation. I love the idea of tilts, but I find it annoying to navigate around when I'm playing. In TS2 you could just move your mouse to the top of the screen and your lot would move with your mouse. On TS3 I have to use my keyboard, and I find it annoying during gameplay. Using my keyboard to move side to side, while adjusting tilts and clicking the buttons to rotate my view is too much during gameplay.
2. Buy Mode. I love the overall look of TS3 Buy Mode but I wish I could view more products at a time. Viewing 20 products at a time would be better for me, than viewing 9 and having to scroll constantly.
1. Create A Sim. Its really enjoyable, and I love all the customization I can do. From the skintones to body fat level, I feel I can get really creative when making sims. I'm also loving the traits feature. It makes you feel like you can build the exact person you want and you no longer have to imagine your sims personality. Choosing your sims voice was a feature I was blown away by! Its another feature that makes you feel like your sims are almost coming alive.
Choosing your sims favorite food, color and music was the icing on a perfect cake.
I love how you are now able to choose shoes also. Create A Sim was the first thing I did in the game, and so my first impression was overwhelmingly positive.
No more pretending. Your sim can be made to fit your imagination.
2. Placing Furniture. I'm love having the ability to place furniture items on a slant. It gives your rooms an extra sense of realism.
3. Flooring and Build Mode. So many options are available in Build Mode, I may be remodeling my sims homes every day. I was impressed by the extensive selection of floor tiles and choice of product among the build mode sections.
Thats all I've got around to doing so far, but I'll keep everyone updating on my feelings for the game.