Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tricks for Treats - Closed - Gifting Complete - Thanks, Everyone!

Comments

• MissCeeMissCee Posts: 1,309 Member
    edited October 2012
    BryonyRae, thanks so much for hosting and dbl tks for my 50pt prize :D.

I'm glad I was able to participate and contribute a little something that might help someone enjoy simming more.

Blessings,
    MissCee

<3Blessings,
    MissCee
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    edited October 2012
    ciane wrote:
    As much fun as the tips are it is also fun to get and gift. Could you go shopping for a 25 point item here please?
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=JustLiz87
    She has lots of items from which to choose.
    Thank you!

Gifted! Thanks for responding. :)
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
    edited October 2012
    MissCee wrote:
    BryonyRae, thanks so much for hosting and dbl tks for my 50pt prize :D.

I'm glad I was able to participate and contribute a little something that might help someone enjoy simming more.

Blessings,
    MissCee

You're very welcome! And if you come up with anything else, please share again. :)
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
    edited October 2012
    Just a final nudge for the night. :) I'll throw out another tip of my own, just for fun. I didn't know this for the longest time...

When you go into camera man mode (tab), you can take pictures at an angle; just press Shift-A to tilt left or Shift-D to tilt right. To straighten the camera back out, press Shift-S.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited October 2012
    BryonyRae wrote:
    ciane wrote:
    As much fun as the tips are it is also fun to get and gift. Could you go shopping for a 25 point item here please?
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=JustLiz87
    She has lots of items from which to choose.
    Thank you!

Gifted! Thanks for responding. :)

Sorry I took so long - my PC power supply died and I'm waiting for a replacement. I do get on my laptop everyday, but I don't spend much time on it and obviously haven't been in the forums much.

Thank you for this great thread on tips to help out everyone and for your generosity (and seascape's too).

I thought of another tip. Some of you have probably already discovered this, but if you don't us the library much, or take your tots there, it's easy to miss:

First thing in the morning on a day off, get your sim green in everything - brush the teeth and gussy up if time before the toddler wakes up. Then change the tots diaper, put him or her on the potty and feed them the floor. Empty the potty chair while the little one is drinking from the bottle. Then take them by stroller just off lot to get that wish (if present) and then go to the library by taxi or car.

Once there sit the little one down close, but not too close to the bookcase. Queue to read all three of one type of book to the tot (so you'll remember which ones you've read easier). You should be able to get through two to three full sets before needing to get home to the potty again. If the little one takes an IF along to play with while the parent gets the next book. he or she stays put and stays in a great mood. Without and IF, just watch for a thought to appear and click it off right away.

Reading books at the library goes incredibly fast and is well worth the trip. In two days, all the books can be read. After returning home from the library, they can work on the other skills leisurely taking breaks for food, fun, and potty as needed.

Don't forget to pack a portable radio to tune in to the little one's favorite channel while there to keep the happy bubble as high as possible.
    edited October 2012
    You're welcome, ciane. Thanks for submitting another tip! :)
  • deskitadeskita Posts: 24 Member
    edited October 2012
    Super easy way to make money with Supernatural!

You need to buy the Midas Touch Elixir from the Alchemy store sell anything if necessary then buy objects turn them into gold and sell em back for a profit! My sim made 1,500,000 in just 3 sim hours!
  • dragon114dragon114 Posts: 1,203 Member
    edited October 2012
    tip when placing floor's pressing ctrl+f to make floor tiles triangle.
  • klb685klb685 Posts: 3,388 Member
    edited October 2012
    Just saw this thread and I love it. Tips are always welcome in my sims game. One that I don't think I saw mentioned is for placing duplicate items quickly. Things like windows automatically pop up with another one ready to be placed after putting the first one in, other things like plants or decor don't do this. If you want multiple of the same item without having to use the eye dropper/copy tool repeatedly is to hold down the Shift key while placing the item.
    edited October 2012
    Thanks for the latest tips, everyone! The thread's updated, and I'm looking forward to more. :)
    edited October 2012
    Just a late night nudge before bed. Hope everyone had a great day! :) Still plenty of time for more tricks & tips before the week closes on Sunday night!
  • KaileKaile Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited October 2012
    GET PAST BOUNCERS
    no cash? no celebrity points? No problem!

press Ctrl and C to pull up the cheats menu
    then type in "Testingcheatsenabled true"
    then go to the club
    instead of trying to pay or sneak past the bouncer
    hold down the shift button and click inside the club
    you will then have the option to teleport.
    Teleport yourself into the club and VA-LA
    your past the bouncers :)
    edited October 2012
    Today was quite busy, but I've finally got a chance to update the thread. We're kind of low on entries this week, so I just want to remind people that even if you don't need the points/gifts, you can always nominate a friend to receive your prize. Also, the tip or trick does *not* need to be one you came up with personally; you can always just google one, as long as you post the credit for it.

So come on, I know there are a lot more great ideas out there. Let's hear them! :)
  • SnowmoonSnowmoon Posts: 3,437 Member
    edited October 2012
    Howdy!

If you ever wonder how deep your ponds/rivers are, then you can go into the basement mode and go down a level. The depth will be displayed in a grid-like pattern.

Tricksfortreats.jpg

-Snow
    Find my builds under Evie_Snowmoon in the Gallery!
  • corettabarajascorettabarajas Posts: 1,427 Member
    edited October 2012
    I think you missed my post ... It's the 3rd one down on page 9. I looked on page one to make sure there wasn't a problem with it and it wasn't listed in the rejected list. Thanks :)
  • stormwenchstormwench Posts: 4,416 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Tips for using Castle Kit Pieces for non-castles

If you have the Castle set and like to use circular stairs did you know you can use MOO (which you have to to make castle pieces work anyway) to place 3 sections of the curved wall or the tower top pieces around the stairs to make it appear that the stairs are inside a curve wall. The short curved pieces are nice if you want half walls on the top floor that just hides the top railing or even on other floors if you just want half walls.

You can also make your own wells using the top short curved pieces and then lowering the terrain in the middle of the circle with constrainfloorelevation false.

You can also make nice round rooms from the curved pics if you over lap them enough so the they make bigger circles. These look very good with round roofs from build mode.

You can cover the walls with other then stone so they can look painted or wallpapered to match your decor.

Lots of people dodn't get the castle set cause they think it is only for building castles but you can do a great deal more with it then just castles, especially since it was made so using it requires MOO so the pieces can be fit together in many different ways for nice non-castle architectural looks.
  • flox1flox1 Posts: 878 New Member
    edited October 2012
    To make good pictures without poseplayers

1. type in testingcheatsenabled true

2. type in moviemakercheatsenabled true

3: ctrl+shift on your sim, click "animation", and then you can choose between MANY animations, etc traits, reactions, facial.

(Note: I don't know if it says "Animations", because my game is in swedish so I'm not sure what it says in english)

4. Take the picture using "C"

Extra tip: use "tab" to go into photo-mode

2f0eq2d.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Polly25Polly25 Posts: 13 New Member
    edited October 2012
    I cant remember how I did it but - I was on CAS With UnlockOutifts on, I have a feeling I was doing some editing on my sims Career outfit. I went onto my child's one and I could edit my childs 'career' outfit. It included all the ballet outfits, scouting outfits and I think it included all the dressing up clothes. More of a glitch but :mrgreen:
    edited October 2012
    When you feel like a new letter box -
    I recieved the one in the picture shown from Sunlit Tides, but i'm sure there are other places you could get them.

1) If you are using the one from Sunlit tides, you have to have the 'Testingcheatsenabled on' And then the 'BuyBedug'. You should find it in the three dots thing.

2) When you try and place it, a message pops up saying 'only one letter box per lot' or somthing like that. Simply go back to play mode and delete it by right cliking on it (with testingcheatsenabled on) and then pressing 'object' and then 'delete'.

3) After that you can go back into the 'buydebug' selection and simply place the letter box down.

qygu39.jpg
    edited October 2012
    Just another quick one-
    Do you feel that the parking spaces are ugly?
    Well, Here is your solution.

The only cheat you will need for this is MOO,

2) Place down the parking space you wish to have, Place the car in the parking space.

3) Then turn on MOO.

4) Take the ferns and rocks (or whatever takes your fancy really) and place them willy nilly on the parking black&yellow barrier thing.

5) If you want to create a shape like the one in the picture, I suggest painting the ground with a grass thing and then placing the rocks and ferns on that. Then erase the paint.

154wwgz.jpg
  • readreadreadreadreadreadreadread Posts: 6,243 Member
    edited October 2012
    cool tip!
    edited October 2012
    I think you missed my post ... It's the 3rd one down on page 9. I looked on page one to make sure there wasn't a problem with it and it wasn't listed in the rejected list. Thanks :)

You're right! So sorry I missed it - added now. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
    edited October 2012
    Thanks for the latest tips, everyone! :) Just a reminder though; only one tip a week can be counted for entry. Hang onto those extra tips; you'll want to use them in subsequent weeks to maximize your chance to win! :wink:
    edited October 2012
    BryonyRae wrote:

You're right! So sorry I missed it - added now. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Thank you :)
    edited October 2012
    stormwench wrote:
    Tips for using Castle Kit Pieces for non-castles

If you have the Castle set and like to use circular stairs did you know you can use MOO (which you have to to make castle pieces work anyway) to place 3 sections of the curved wall or the tower top pieces around the stairs to make it appear that the stairs are inside a curve wall. The short curved pieces are nice if you want half walls on the top floor that just hides the top railing or even on other floors if you just want half walls.

You can also make your own wells using the top short curved pieces and then lowering the terrain in the middle of the circle with constrainfloorelevation false.

You can also make nice round rooms from the curved pics if you over lap them enough so the they make bigger circles. These look very good with round roofs from build mode.

You can cover the walls with other then stone so they can look painted or wallpapered to match your decor.

Lots of people dodn't get the castle set cause they think it is only for building castles but you can do a great deal more with it then just castles, especially since it was made so using it requires MOO so the pieces can be fit together in many different ways for nice non-castle architectural looks.

Thanks for sharing this! I have this kit and honestly it intimidates me a little lol I might just try using it now... I love the spiral stairs but the wall (straight ones) never looked quite right to me for closing it in. :) Thanks!