Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Community Lot Guide - 7/9/2012 - Updated up to SN

13...Next

Comments

• DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited September 2012
    Wow, Gem, this is helpful to me as a player. You don't need to use CAW to appreciate having this info at your fingertips. Thanks!

P.S. Hoping to see pics from your house full of gurus in the WE thread. :D
  • geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited September 2012
    DOLLDRMS1 wrote:
    Wow, Gem, this is helpful to me as a player. You don't need to use CAW to appreciate having this info at your fingertips. Thanks!

P.S. Hoping to see pics from your house full of gurus in the WE thread. :D

You are welcome :)

Will try to do so sometime next week...I've been having too much fun with SN today, still checking out everything.
  • LostestLostest Posts: 10 New Member
    edited October 2012
    geminiagre wrote:
    Updated for Supernatural :)

Thank you SO much for keeping this updated!
  • EulyssiaEulyssia Posts: 1
    edited October 2012
    I am just starting to play around with CAW. The only thing I am having trouble with is the Lot Categories... I assigned the ones I wanted for my world... such as School, Market, Graveyard..... Do I have to build on these lots or is it by default? Also when I go into edit in game I dont remember which lot i assigned to which category.. I put a coffee house where I thought I wanted it and it messed up.. the stage is there but not the building.. wasnt sure if it just glitched or if it was because I assigned the lot something else.
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited January 2013
    geminiagre I'm linking this thread to my blog, your list is a great add on to the list of empty lot's I created. Thank you for this.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • MalikNetokMalikNetok Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    This question might sound a bit dumb to some, but is it possible to get lot sizes for all of them. I noticed that for the first part of this thread it is just the commercial lot names but not their sizes.
    I have the base game, Ambitions, Late Night, Hidden Springs, World Adventures and Supernatural, so some of these are new to me. I will likely be getting the rest bit by bit.
    As it stands though, I am starting an island (Large Flat 300 w/ 300 elevation), and therefore it needs a harbor. I was wondering if there are any harbor type lots. I would be needing some form of larger ships to dot the port. I know there is a sailboat in objects, but are there ships or a harbor and if so, what EP does it/do they come with?
    I'm not talking about those custom made "sorta" ships. I mean ones that really look right.
    PS: Gemini, thank you for this thread. It will come in very handy in the future. I'll be likely building my own rabbit holes for uniqueness, but the rest of this info is great. If you do put the other lot sizes in I would be able to put this up on one monitor while working on my map from my other one. Great work!!!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • DawnLBrownDawnLBrown Posts: 9,193 Member
    edited January 2013
    Wow, I just found this thread posted as a link in another thread. Bookmarked. Very creative and helpful. Thanks OP!
  • evclm6evclm6 Posts: 458 Member
    edited February 2013
    I also just found this thread linked from another post and want to Thank You for this terrific info helping simmers. I have bookmarked this thread and again want to say great job!
  • Pugslover4Pugslover4 Posts: 2,849 Member
    edited February 2013
    What this mean??

Live Show Venue - MN8 35x35

Please and thanks! :)

Edit:
    Have you done Seasons yet? Cause there is lots of park that says festival park and regular park. Thought to let you know so they won't get confused which is which! :)
    9cac0e69-be99-4238-b1c8-e9ef2f5d7718_zps38d42068.jpg
    I owned the store! Yahoo!
  • refyrefy Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    bookmarked and printed
    you are a legend for making this list.
    thank you muchly gemini! :mrgreen:
  • Evie2319Evie2319 Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    Great post :)
    also, i noticed someone else wondering what ive been wondering.. when you set a lot using the drop down menu, for market, academy, etc... are you the one who builds it or does the game do it?
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,543 Member
    edited May 2013
    I was about to start some more editing of my hoods and found this very useful thread. Thank you :thumbup: I don't know if anyone has updated the info anywhere else, but I compiled a list of more recent things which have not been included. I hope I did the sizes ok - I did what wall lengths would fit around each rabbithole. Obviously, I couldn't do the sizes for DV since it's not out yet :D

Community Lots

Seasons
    Festival Grounds

University
    Arcade
    Java Hut
    Rebel Hangout
    University Hangout
    Student Union Building
    Science Proving Ground
    Nerd Shop

Rabbitholes

Seasons
    None

University

25 Frames Cinema 32x38
    Busche School of Science 52x23
    Nichols School of Business 37x43
    Night Owl Foods 16x15
    Schmidt Memorial Stadium and Annex 56x39
    Thomas School of Art 27x30
    University Bookstore 25x19
    Simburger 17x23
    St John Administration Centre 41x28

Monte Vista
    City Hall 39x41
    Simcatti Industries 21x27
    Tasty Treats and Tomes 28x35
    Coliseum 47x46
    Scuola Simatica 36x21
    Teatro Fantastico 22x30
    Civic Centre 31x12
    Mausoleum 8x10
    Doctor Simano’s Sanatorium 34x33 (corner)
    Good Guys Inc 29x20
    Graciella’s Groceries and Delfina’s Diner 26x19
    Slanciato Spa 14x13

Aurora Skies
    Nature and Nurture Learning Academy 16x17 (corner)
    Cure-All Collective 40x58
    Competitor’s Delight Stadium 23x45
    Peaceful Protection Agency 23x16
    Plays, Productions and Pictures 21x34
    Morningside Morgue and Cemetery 8x9
    Cuisine and Contracts Business Park 33x16
    Mud Baths and Manuscripts 18x17 (corner)
    City Hall 35x24
    Just An Abandoned Warehouse 18x13
    Hidey Home Grass Roof Barn 11x10
    Füd Feud 21x18

Dragon Valley
    Garda Police and Military
    Tourney Tent of Champions
    Drake School of Life and Learning
    Tourney Tent of Novices
    Tourney Tent of Contenders
    Ubiquitous Unity Day Spa
    Sla̒inte Chugat Harmony Hospital
    Miser McCann’s Restaurant
    World’s Theatre
    The Local Grocer
    Heroe’s Passing
    Mithrilen’s Madmen Hideaway
    An La̒r Civic Centre
    Like Minded Individuals, inc
    Tome Traders
    Myth, Legend, Lore and Fact Facility

Store Venues
    Stones Throw Greenhouse 40x30
    Al Fresco Street Market 40x40
    Tiny Prodigies Early Learning Centre (Aurora Skies Gold) 40x40
    Le Cinema Plumbob 40x40

• Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,992 Member
    edited May 2013
    Geminiagre

You might have to do an update. Unfortunately I'm having trouble getting showtime hybrid venues to work when it comes to Simport. Also you're missing the University venues. Just thought I should let you know.
  • SimsplyRuthSimsplyRuth Posts: 1,186 Member
    edited May 2013
    Thanks! I really especially appreciate the sizes for each rabbithole/building as lately I have been into creating multi-lots to group needed lots into one or more so worlds have them all available and easy to get to - then I can delete the smaller lots in the worlds and reuse them for homes or other types of community lots.

I copy/pasted your post so it will always be close at hand for me. Again - Thank You!

By the way - For the Ambitions/Day Care if you have "Aurora Skies" you can also use the "Tiny Prodigies Early Learning Center" for toddlers and kids. And - a Pet Store, if you have "Pets" but not the special lot, can be built using things in buy mode and buydebug. In supernatural there are bars specific to the supernatural type/open to all plus different types of hangouts that are in Moonlight Falls plus which can be created/items-rabbitholes added to other lots.
  • SimsplyRuthSimsplyRuth Posts: 1,186 Member
    edited May 2013
    Evie2319 wrote:
    Great post :)
    also, i noticed someone else wondering what ive been wondering.. when you set a lot using the drop down menu, for market, academy, etc... are you the one who builds it or does the game do it?

When you set a lot type as community then type of community lot - it only designates that lot as community/ small park, horse ranch, visitor allowed, etc. - Then you either build the lot you want, placing the rabbithole building(s)(from buydebug) or building the other lot types from scratch - or you place a lot from your bin either by maxis or downloaded of the same lot size into the empty lot.
  • pixzipixzi Posts: 397 Member
    edited August 2013
    this would be great if it was updated for IP, this is quite handy for CaW people.
  • whitepawn23whitepawn23 Posts: 308 Member
    edited August 2013
    Salon dimensions?
  • Pugslover4Pugslover4 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Isn't there a new lots size and can you get all of it from base to into the future and plus venue???
    9cac0e69-be99-4238-b1c8-e9ef2f5d7718_zps38d42068.jpg
    I owned the store! Yahoo!
  • FunkycormFunkycorm Posts: 50 Member
    Thank you for compiling all this information. Very helpful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top