Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas for Halloween set! Add yours!

I feel bad the old sets are being vaulted - I'm sure there's new players who never got a chance to grab them. I'm betting SN brought in a bunch of new players on its own.

Maybe they just ran out of ideas with all the past Halloween sets they put out. I'm thinking they're going to add a costume category to CAS so sims aren't walking around dressed like hot dogs all the time, so maybe that's why we're not getting any costumes before SEA?

What would you guys like to see as a special Halloween release? (and I'd LOVE it to be free, but I'm not holding my breath on that!)

I'd like:

1) Coffin beds (as a pc item) for adults, couples, and toddlers (I'm talking functional,sleep inside and peek at sleeping vamps by opening the lid)

2) Boarded up or broken windows

3) cobwebs as placeable decor objects that fit in corners (with move up/down functionality)

4) A spiderweb wall light with a dangling spider on it.

5) Some actual walls and floors that are worn/broken/cobweb-covered, etc. Some new patterns; rust, worn fabrics and woods, and holiday prints

6) A table-top blood fountain (functional would be great, but decor would be cool too)

If you have ideas, please add them there! I'd love to see them!

These are some of the things we already have:

Halloween.jpg

Items added from the thread below (and do scroll down for the pics - they are outstanding!)

7) Pope organ (pc, I hope!)

8.) Graveyard decor

9) Hanging bats, spiders, and skelletons

10) more costumes/hair (maybe make the Frankenstein set over for kids?)

11) More spooky or seasonal art

12) Lawn decor *See pics

13) Bone hand glass/lights * see pics

14) Pumpkin-shaped punchbowl

15) Spooky scarecrow (scarier than the one we have & the one in SEA)

16) Spooky tree with Pumpkin lights

17) Spooky tree with light-up face

18.) Decorated front door

19) Cauldron with smoke and fog *bonus points if it doubles as an outdoor cooking pit!

Comments

• MacyQueenMacyQueen Posts: 2,321 New Member
    edited October 2012
    love the cobweb idea! i'd like to see a picture set with like sims dresse up halloweeny or something?
  • mangoesandlimesmangoesandlimes Posts: 2,623 Member
    edited October 2012
    Maybe some bats or spiders that hang from the ceiling and fake gravestones for the front yard. And some cobwebby curtains.
  • ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited October 2012
    I'd like to see a comprehensive set for Halloween. And not these whack small sets they've released the past month (I fear another world is coming because what is the team working on exactly? LOL)

For Halloween I'd like both a clothing a set and an object PC set.

For the clothing set I'd like to see a variety of costumes that work for children and adults. Maybe a couple of hairs as well.

For the object set I'd like some of what was suggested allready plus some:

- hanging skeleton
    - witch crash on wall decor item(I think this would be hilarious considering SN is out, lol)
    - cobwebs
    - hanging bats
    - lawn decor that isn't overly huge (like the cat they gave us for free, too big)

As for PC items, I would hope the team could come up with something cool that would activate when people came to the door. Maybe something that shakes and makes noise (like a hanging decor object) or something like it.

I guess I'm not that creative because theres many different PC decor items you could do. The difficulty is making something versatile that does more than one thing to make many happy.

I was sure as day that the Sims 3 Store would compliment SN & SNS like crazy with sets through Oct/Nov with holiday themed sets, costumes, etc.

I just don't see it happening. We only got one PC set last month and Halloween is in like 3 weeks :/

My hopes are starting to dwindle. Hopefully this is the reason why there busy because their working hard on all these sets toc ompliement SNS.
  • ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited October 2012
    We should compile our ideas into one list and you twitterers should tweet the thread ideas to the gurus. I don't have twitter; and I feel like getting it sometimes JUST to communicate with gurus like

" can you guys please add autograph sessions for the showtime careers? Why can't my vocal legend have autograph sessions?" hey gurus, can you guys get the makeover station fixed? It resets my sims age span" Hey gurus can you guys get us some skylights and glass tiled foors?"

hey gur..... *rinse, repeat, recycle* LOL
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,386 Member
    edited October 2012
    I really like the blood fountain and coffin ideas.
  • ToliberaTolibera Posts: 1,366 Member
    edited October 2012
    i'd like a great big pipe organ, or new graveyard decor items.
  • Jillyson_Twozaks_1Jillyson_Twozaks_1 Posts: 3,334 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Great ideas! Keep 'em coming! Maybe if we fill the thread with some great stuff, a Guru will find it and pass it on! Instead of a thread complaining there's no Halloween set, I know they'd appreciate some concrete ideas . Let's keep being creative and come up with some awesome suggestions!

*I know we got a cobweb pattern with SN (under "fabrics", I think)and I know we have a hanging skelleton somewhere, but I can never find him in that catalog. Anyone know where he's hiding?

Some tombstones, hanging bats and spiders, costumes/hair, Spooky art, and lawn decor...LOVE IT! Would you guys like me to add your suggestions to the 1st post?
    edited October 2012
    skeleton-hand-plastic-drinking-glass-clear-red-or-purple-60-p.jpg (lights or decor glasses.)
    punch-bowl-stand-ictcrop_300.jpg
    2scareyscarecrow.jpg
    Witch-and-her-Pumpkin-Tree.jpg
    edited October 2012
    May I just say...SQUEE!
    edited October 2012
    put them in the top post then miss
  • mangoesandlimesmangoesandlimes Posts: 2,623 Member
    edited October 2012
    Great ideas! Keep 'em coming! Maybe if we fill the thread with some great stuff, a Guru will find it and pass it on! Instead of a thread complaining there's no Halloween set, I know they'd appreciate some concrete ideas . Let's keep being creative and come up with some awesome suggestions!

*I know we got a cobweb pattern with SN (under "fabrics", I think)and I know we have a hanging skelleton somewhere, but I can never find him in that catalog. Anyone know where he's hiding?

Some tombstones, hanging bats and spiders, costumes/hair, Spooky art, and lawn decor...LOVE IT! Would you guys like me to add your suggestions to the 1st post?

The skeleton is in buydebug, I think.
    edited October 2012
    Tolibera wrote:
    skeleton-hand-plastic-drinking-glass-clear-red-or-purple-60-p.jpg (lights or decor glasses.)
    punch-bowl-stand-ictcrop_300.jpg
    2scareyscarecrow.jpg
    Witch-and-her-Pumpkin-Tree.jpg

Yes now I love those glasses in the first picture with the skeleton hands. :D
  • MyrrhawaMyrrhawa Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited October 2012
    halloween-graveyard-with-skeletons-Tammra-McCauley.jpg

halloween-yard-decorations.jpg

th?id=I.4559452142699337&pid=15.1

halloween-decoration.jpg

th?id=I.4902516931494304&pid=15.1
    Blinking eyes in the bushes and trees
    tumblr_nt1u2tH5cj1sicac5o1_500.gif
  • maxverra1997maxverra1997 Posts: 1,506
    edited October 2012
    a candy bowl
    a decorated door
    bats for placing on the ceiling
    a cauldron that gives smoke and fog
  • htairchix3htairchix3 Posts: 875 Member
    edited October 2012
    :thumbup: I would so love a huge pipe organ too. Pleaseeeeee :lol::D
    edited October 2012
    Halloween.jpg

These are the things we already have (that I could think of) Don't we have a standing skelleton? I could've sworn we had one, but I can only find the ground one.

Adding everything up to this point into the first post!

Great stuff guys - that Igor/Butler...I'm in LOVE! Keep 'em coming!
    edited October 2012
    The skeletons can be found in buydebug. One skeleton which lays on the ground is with world adventures the other one that hangs on the wall came with ambitions. I'll see if I can find the pictures.

Wall Skeleton
    Screenshot-103.jpg

Ground Skelton note it's hard to see but you can see the head
    Screenshot-113.jpg
    edited October 2012
    Thanks, Cat! I knew I had one somewhere!

Great shots!
    edited October 2012
    I don't know if Pet costumes would be possible. I don't play pets much, but it's always fun in RL to see the pets Trick-or-Treating.
    edited October 2012
    Put me down for an organ. I think that would be a great thing to add for Halloween.

Also with supernatural we now have Bonehilda a living breathing skeleton.
  • maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited October 2012
    love the ideas! the blood fountain could be a PC punch bowl
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
    edited October 2012
    love the ideas! the blood fountain could be a PC punch bowl

That would be SO cool!

Lol@ Cat - I wonder if SEA will allow Bonhilda to pass out the Halloween candy?

How about some candles with flickering flames? Just big singles, like the mood-lite one the sims can by at the store - maybe on a dish-like base.
    edited October 2012
    Hope you guys don't mind that I borrowed your ideas and brought them here from the other thread!
    AmaraRena wrote:
    Fun Halloween stuff would be fantastic! Don't make us wait for Seasons EA!!!!
    ALSO it would be GREAT if there were Halloween costumes for the new Supernaturals! A classic vampire cape! And Dracula suit! Some more witch dresses and hats! More adorable fairy clothes and hair accessories. A wolf costume for the werewolves just because it would be funny! A sheet for the ghosts because that would ALSO be funny! LOL Genies could use a very I Dream of Genie costume!
    MilenyNoda wrote:
    AmaraRena wrote:
    I find it kind of hard to believe they aren't going to do ANYTHING for Halloween! C'mon EA speak up and give us some hope! :)

217032881.jpg

A011_1_20110815_6887042.jpg

Top-2012-Sexy-Halloween-Costume-Ideas-For-Women-2.jpg

[img]http://images.halloweencostumes.com/child-🐸🐸🐸🐸-costume-zoom.jpg[/img]
    48462.jpg
    img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=43661345

halloween_costume_girls_genie_barbie_costume.jpg

I'd like to see longer skirts on the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 outfits, but some new outfits/costumes would be great!
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,052 Member
    edited October 2012
    bump
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • monaduncanmonaduncan Posts: 952 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Really great ideas. I know they must have some Halloween items since they have been working on Spooky Day. I really hope for a Halloween set tomorrow.