Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Sims and Friends: Share Your Stories!!

Comments

• ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    edited October 2012
    It's nice to see you, Jay! ^_^ Welcome! We're all really nice here so I'm sure you'll enjoy hanging around us. It's good exposure, posting here. This is where I actually started talking on the forums. Probably wouldn't still be writing if it hadn't been for this group!

Nice to meet you, Charlie! I read your story already ^_^ I was feeling a little dizzy afterwards, so I didn't comment but I will be sure to go back now and leave you a little love.

Jag: Sadly, 100 BCs are not my cup of tea. I wish you the best with your story, however, and know that many others here are more than happy to give your story a little look. ^_^

Cami: Welcome! Another new face I do not know. Glad to see you stop by and when I get time I will make sure to give your rainbowcy a read.

Everyone else from the old thread: ^_^ Hi there guys!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
  • ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    edited October 2012
    camimh wrote:
    I don't have a blog for my stories yet, but I'm looking at all the blog sites to see which one suits me. What do you guys use?

I use blogger. Wordpress and Livejournal are other popular options. It really comes down to personal preference. I've been using blogger forever and wouldn't look forward to moving everything to a new blog so I'll keep using it lol

This is the truth, Mad.

I prefer Wordpress as I have had both a wordpress and a blogger. I personally found wordpress easier and just liked everything about it a bit more.

I know lots of people prefer blogger, though. &there are things you can do on Blogger that you cannot do on wordpress (at least I think there are, like putting on age limits).

Never had a livejournal.
    4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
  • madhatter123madhatter123 Posts: 5,624 Member
    edited October 2012
    Arrowleaf wrote:
    camimh wrote:
    I don't have a blog for my stories yet, but I'm looking at all the blog sites to see which one suits me. What do you guys use?

I use blogger. Wordpress and Livejournal are other popular options. It really comes down to personal preference. I've been using blogger forever and wouldn't look forward to moving everything to a new blog so I'll keep using it lol

This is the truth, Mad.

I prefer Wordpress as I have had both a wordpress and a blogger. I personally found wordpress easier and just liked everything about it a bit more.

I know lots of people prefer blogger, though. &there are things you can do on Blogger that you cannot do on wordpress (at least I think there are, like putting on age limits).

Never had a livejournal.
    ^___^ Thank you guys! I think I'll use Wordpress, haha. I haven't had a Wordpress before but I helped my friend once start a blog on Blogger. I'll try them both out and see what works! Thanks again. ♥
  • camimhcamimh Posts: 3,297 Member
    edited October 2012
    I'm writing tonight (desperately trying to get these last five chapters of School Days done before NaNoWriMo) but I will try to read some of the stories posted here when I get a chance. :)
    Xois5I.jpg
    edited October 2012
    Here we go! www.colorfuldelights.wordpress.com
    edited October 2012
    camimh wrote:
    I'm writing tonight (desperately trying to get these last five chapters of School Days done before NaNoWriMo) but I will try to read some of the stories posted here when I get a chance. :)
    Can't wait. ♥
  • ZephyrGirlSimZephyrGirlSim Posts: 475 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Hi! I've made it over.

Quick minute intro! Most people call me Zeph or Zephyr, either works. I'm a non-traditional student in my last of my bachelor of Arts in Social Work. I do have a hubby and kiddos but I don't talk about them too much.

As of right now and I am a "drop it and run" visitor but you'll see me interact more in between semesters. Those who already know me are cool with this (I think).

Unfortunately, due to 17 semester hours, family life, and work my writing story postings are few and far between...but the content is good!

Please visit The Goth Chronicles by clicking the signature.
    My other story is a legacy challenge (I'm playing for points!) with Silver's real genealogy rules added on, which you can find here...It Started with a Whisper
  • thundria1thundria1 Posts: 47 New Member
    edited October 2012
    ¡Bienvenidos!

I have to say I really enjoyed the intro to this new thread and thank you for recreating! I have to be honest the previous thread was a treat of its own but there was allot to read and very hard to break ground so I greatly appericiate you breaking ground here where the beloved wiki left off (I am sorry I did not get a fair chance to meet her. I am certain she was a great person!).

Oh right, a little about myself. Well, I am probably one of the older simmer's in the group @ 29 years of age. I am Venezuelan and native born to Colobozo but moved over here when I was around twelve. I currently teach english as a Second Language (To those moving to this great country) and really enjoy story telling where I can. :D Before I get comments about teaching english, its clear I make some spelling mistakes and my grammar isn't always up to par but I do have my BA in the field I teach and do understand the difficulties of learning the language which makes me fit with it pretty well.

Generation I Thread for the Hernendez Household can be found here

Also I want to say it is nice to see so many differnt people here, when I say that I mean its great to see such wide diversity among us. It certainly is promising!
    edited October 2012
    thundria1 wrote:
    Oh right, a little about myself. Well, I am probably one of the older simmer's in the group @ 29 years of age.

Same here. :)
    Xois5I.jpg
  • PrincessLala14PrincessLala14 Posts: 29,231 Member
    edited October 2012
    thundria1 wrote:
    ¡Bienvenidos!

I have to say I really enjoyed the intro to this new thread and thank you for recreating! I have to be honest the previous thread was a treat of its own but there was allot to read and very hard to break ground so I greatly appericiate you breaking ground here where the beloved wiki left off (I am sorry I did not get a fair chance to meet her. I am certain she was a great person!).

Oh right, a little about myself. Well, I am probably one of the older simmer's in the group @ 29 years of age. I am Venezuelan and native born to Colobozo but moved over here when I was around twelve. I currently teach english as a Second Language (To those moving to this great country) and really enjoy story telling where I can. :D Before I get comments about teaching english, its clear I make some spelling mistakes and my grammar isn't always up to par but I do have my BA in the field I teach and do understand the difficulties of learning the language which makes me fit with it pretty well.

Generation I Thread for the Hernendez Household can be found here

Also I want to say it is nice to see so many differnt people here, when I say that I mean its great to see such wide diversity among us. It certainly is promising!

How long have you been teaching? Was it difficult to find a steady job? I live in Canada and I'm going to start working on my BA in French next year, as I want to teach it up here, but I've been told by just about everyone that because there's a surplus of teachers, it'll be forever before I can find a job.
    purple_flowers_39.jpg
    edited October 2012
    @ Camimh: Its good to see others of the same age poking around. I dont feel ashamed about it though, this place is an awesome creative outlet!

@ Princesslala14: I've been teaching for about 3 years and It was slightly hard to find a steady job. Do not get my wrong I speak well enough but my accent often throws people off when I'm applying to teach 'english' I had to lol it off from time to time. I would suggest being understanding of a situation and if you find yourself being rejected for a job a few times dont let it get you down. There is one out there for you, you just have to stay presistant. I work at a University here in the US.
    edited October 2012
    Yes, I can imagine that applying to teach English with an accent would throw people off! My mum's boyfriend has told me that I have a beautiful accent when I speak French, which is good XD I think that my brother's teacher, who teaches him both English and French, is Spanish, and his accent speaking both languages is pretty epic.

And ah, university....I'd like to teach kindergarten, which must be VERY different XD
    purple_flowers_39.jpg
    edited October 2012
    Yes, I can imagine that applying to teach English with an accent would throw people off! My mum's boyfriend has told me that I have a beautiful accent when I speak French, which is good XD I think that my brother's teacher, who teaches him both English and French, is Spanish, and his accent speaking both languages is pretty epic.

And ah, university....I'd like to teach kindergarten, which must be VERY different XD

I'm not sure how teaching certs work in Canada or what the teacher numbers are in various areas, but look into becoming certified or taking classes for special education as well. My dad is a teacher and though his degree is history and that was his original intention, he ended up becoming a special ed teacher and has been doing it for years. Spec. Ed. teachers are often in demand in most grade levels but it takes a special person to be able to do it well in my experience. Anyway, any "high needs" certs/classes you can add to your resume would probably go a long way toward getting a job.
    Xois5I.jpg
    edited October 2012
    camimh wrote:

I'm not sure how teaching certs work in Canada or what the teacher numbers are in various areas, but look into becoming certified or taking classes for special education as well. My dad is a teacher and though his degree is history and that was his original intention, he ended up becoming a special ed teacher and has been doing it for years. Spec. Ed. teachers are often in demand in most grade levels but it takes a special person to be able to do it well in my experience. Anyway, any "high needs" certs/classes you can add to your resume would probably go a long way toward getting a job.

That's a really great idea, but I'm not sure I'm that special kind of person who could do that well. Also, up here, most special needs children are pulled out of the French Immersion system by their parents because they tend to struggle with it, which wouldn't work well because French (preferably Immersion) is what I'd like to teach.
    purple_flowers_39.jpg
  • SilverDaybreakSilverDaybreak Posts: 2,080 Member
    edited October 2012
    Hi everybody. Wow, 3 pages already. Thanks everyone for getting this thread off to a great start.

Jay: Read and commented on your story in your blog.

Charlie: Read the first chapter of your legacy and it is very good so far. I will read the rest when I get a chance.

Lala: Welcome to this thread and I will check out your story, too. Although I'm probably way behind on so will read a little at time and comment on what I read.

Fru, I read a couple of chapters in your Twisted Color story and it's very interesting left a comment as well and will work at catching up as I post updates on my stories. Thanks for your comment on my intro.

Madhatter, Welcome and I will try to read more of your story before my next story update.

JagPacker: Welcome to our thread and I hope that you'll come back often and help us get to know you better. I checked out your blog and wow do I have a lot to catch up on and will try and do so a little at a time. I like your Sim and my Realistic Challenge story is set in Riverview as well with Bianca so we can pretend were neighbors. She and family live in the trailer next to the Broke family but it looks quite different in my story. The pictures are on photobucket.

Cami: Nice to meet you, too. I look forward to reading some of your stories. Is there one that would be easy for me to catch up with?

Faye: Glad you could join us with your lovely Kite family and would love to see more of your Roberts and Thyme family in the future. I'll be going into my Day family next and adding Helena to the family for Tyson's wife for generation 9. What town were you playing the Thyme family in? This info will help when I make up more of Helena's background story.

Simmelina: Nice to see you join us and your berry family is quite colorful. Will try to read more of your story, too.

To everyone else: Thank you for supporting this new thread and helping me host it.

I have just updated my Peel family story. Here is the link once again but is also on the first page.

http://silverdaybreak.wordpress.com/2012/06/25/the-peel-familys-humble-beginnings-legacy/

Pictures to follow in the next post.
    edited October 2012
    Lala: Welcome to this thread and I will check out your story, too. Although I'm probably way behind on so will read a little at time and comment on what I read.

Yeah, there's a LOT out... I've been going at it for a year and a half now, and I have about sixty kids... It'll probably take a bit of time to read up on, but I promise you that it'll be worth it ^___^ And if you post on the thread, I ALWAYS reply to EVERY post that I get, so you're guaranteed a reply, and my replies normally lead to conversation... :roll:
    purple_flowers_39.jpg
    edited October 2012
    @ Lala: Ya, Definately do what you desire first and foremost. I've done jobs that I did not enjoy and life itself can be over complicated when you do things your not into. I'd also invest sometime while your in school to look at some foriegn exchange oppurtunities (School Abroad) programs too. They are great ways to immerse yourself and get an education (Good on your resume too).

@ Silver: I started reading your recent addition (New to reading your blog) and I'm impressed with the amount of time you've placed within it. I do have to say, I've very much enjoyed the addition of 'sim' to country names. I thought that was a clever way to introduce real world locations to the sim universe. Also Natasha as a character is very appealing but I that may be because I can relate to her in some off the wall way.
    edited October 2012
    Lala: fair enough. Well since you're at the beginning of your BA I'd say take whatever classes you can just to make yourself more marketable even if they aren't required. You never know what might attract an employer.

Silver: School Days has almost 80 chapters so not that one but it is almost done (at least until it transitions to the new story) so that appeals to people, it's just not quick. Nor would Taffity since it's in generation 9. Dusty Plains is in gen 3 and has probably 20-30 total chapters. Not too long. Project Unity would be the fastest though (and one I'd recommend to anyone wanting a sci-fi of course lol). It's got 30 chapters so far which is actually most of the first major story arc.
    Xois5I.jpg
    edited October 2012
    thundria1 wrote:
    @ Lala: Ya, Definately do what you desire first and foremost. I've done jobs that I did not enjoy and life itself can be over complicated when you do things your not into. I'd also invest sometime while your in school to look at some foriegn exchange oppurtunities (School Abroad) programs too. They are great ways to immerse yourself and get an education (Good on your resume too).

I'm not sure about the other universities, but one of the ones I'm looking at and planning on applying to includes a year in France for all students taking a BA in French. I definitely plan on looking into exchange programs and any chances I can find to study either abroad or in Quebec. There are a lot of things that I didn't do over the course of my high school career that I regret not doing, and not going on an exchange to Quebec is one of them. A bunch of my friends went this Summer and they say it was amazing (though my French is still better than that of one of those friends, oddly enough) and I wish I had gone too.
    purple_flowers_39.jpg
  • FayeShinomoriFayeShinomori Posts: 3,523 Member
    edited October 2012
    Here is a sweet pic I just took of Cadman and Keelin cuddling on the sofa on the pool island!
    http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/469/387/013/00/screenshot_original.jpg

Cadman and Keelin have always been my cutest couple, though Gwendolyn and Deaglan (For those of you that are new to my family, Deaglan is prounounced "Deck-lan" instead of "Deg-lan". I know, confusing, right?) have always been very close and are still very much in love. They're constantly rolling wants to woohoo with each other and try to have another child though they're grandparents now. However, since they're Fey, they are still Young Adults even though all their children are grown and have family of their own (Well, at least Keelin does. Her other siblings may have partners, but they aren't married and haven't had any children to carry on the Kite name. Story progression doesn't work well in my game! Grr!)
  • Simmelina1Simmelina1 Posts: 2,626 Member
    edited October 2012
    Updated http://simmelina1.tumblr.com/ with diaries from Martinez first day in Sunset Valley.

Screenshot-509.jpg
    While I sleep, you can read my diary!! Good night!
    Origin id: Simmelina
    simmelina1.wordpress.com
    The life of my sims. Elina & Don.

49992523523_7fe1918650_c.jpg
    edited October 2012
    thundria1 wrote:

I'm not sure about the other universities, but one of the ones I'm looking at and planning on applying to includes a year in France for all students taking a BA in French. I definitely plan on looking into exchange programs and any chances I can find to study either abroad or in Quebec. There are a lot of things that I didn't do over the course of my high school career that I regret not doing, and not going on an exchange to Quebec is one of them. A bunch of my friends went this Summer and they say it was amazing (though my French is still better than that of one of those friends, oddly enough) and I wish I had gone too.

What made you decide to teach french? Are you going to teach it as a Second Language or are you going to teach it as a language? I suppose what I am doing I'm not exactly sure of a technical name that applies other then teaching it as a second language. :shock: I'm confusing I know, but what I mean is I teach english while using spanish to those not custom to the native language. Is that what your going to be doing? If so I think thats great! If not, I still think its great heh.
  • Nestea7Nestea7 Posts: 3,906 Member
    edited October 2012
    Hello there! I'm Vanessa, but feel free to call me Nessa or Ness or nestea, or whatever the heck you want, I truthfully don't care. I'm a senior in HS majoring in fashion design in NYC. I'm extremely sarcastic, but I tend to keep my sarcasm at a minimum on here since everybody would hate me. lmao. I'm not a girly type of girl so I guess I'm a bit of tomboy at times. Or at least that's how my friends see me. I love a lot of different types of music from rap to indie to alternative rock. So my playlist is slowly becoming a big jumble of artists. :lol:

I always use a lot of gifs in my comments because, well, I like them, and because they lighten the mood or display my feelings more accurately.

My main story is My Life Caught on a Silver Camera which I update frequently. Lots of sarcasm in there since my main character is a very sarcastic ball of personality. lol It's written in mostly dialogue so it's kind of like a cross between a normal story and a play. So yeah...I think that's about it. :mrgreen:
    13fcff1d-7af7-484d-8692-ac6c30a1ff6b_zpsb31b1e3b.jpg

edited October 2012
    thundria1 wrote:
    thundria1 wrote:

What made you decide to teach french? Are you going to teach it as a Second Language or are you going to teach it as a language? I suppose what I am doing I'm not exactly sure of a technical name that applies other then teaching it as a second language. :shock: I'm confusing I know, but what I mean is I teach english while using spanish to those not custom to the native language. Is that what your going to be doing? If so I think thats great! If not, I still think its great heh.

French is something that I love, and it's something that I'm really good at. I've been in French Immersion (which basically means full French education, but with French being a second language) since kindergarten and it comes natural to me. I also love history, but my favourite age group is the kindergarten age range, and I can't teach history to them, LOL.

I could teach French either as a second language or in Immersion, or I could teach core French, which is the basic stuff they learn in English schools, but that would entail teaching to the older age groups. While Immersion students don't start learning any English in school until grade 2, they don't start learning French until the same age XD
    purple_flowers_39.jpg
  • SilverDaybreakSilverDaybreak Posts: 2,080 Member
    edited October 2012
    Tundria: Oops, sorry I missed you. Welcome and will try to read some of your story before posting my next update. I have so many stories going that I get about 2 of them updated a week.

Here are the pictures to go with Natasha Peel's update as promised.

This is kind of a funny shot. I don't think horses would be thinking about cell phones in real life. (Although I did read were the zookeepers at the Toronto Zoo were giving used Ipads to the Orangutans to play with using the paint app. They got the idea from a zoo in Milwaukee where their Orangutans use Skype and the music app. It was one the CBC news site a few weeks ago)

Screenshot-10-2.jpg

This is Shadrach Peel as a young adult.

Screenshot-12-2.jpg

Screenshot-13-2.jpg

His younger brother, Shem as a teen.

Screenshot-11-2.jpg

The family going into Shad's graduation.

Screenshot-15-2.jpg

Shadrach on his one and only date with his future wife, Tabitha Rosa.

Screenshot-18-2.jpg

She gave him flowers. Don't worry he gave her red ones earlier but didn't get the picture.

Screenshot-20-2.jpg

Officially going steady.

Screenshot-19-2.jpg

Shad and Tabitha then had dinner together at the Bistro.

Screenshot-22-2.jpg

Why stop at going steady when you can go all the way?

Screenshot-21-2.jpg

Screenshot-23-2.jpg

Screenshot-25-2.jpg

Tabitha getting her new clothes.

Screenshot-27-2.jpg

and hairdo.

Screenshot-28-2.jpg

The best time to fish is at night. It took several nights of fishing for Natasha to catch the dragon fish for the someone at the army base. (This is a Legacy Memorial Garden that I made and is in my studio if any one wants if for their legacies. I also put a fishing pond in it with deathfish, vampire fish and rare Chinese fish including dragon fish for those who get asked by a local to catch them. This compensates for the international fishing glitch where the fish don't come home with your Sims)

Screenshot-29-2.jpg

A little love brewing in the family orchard.

Screenshot-31-2.jpg

Screenshot-32-2.jpg

Shark & Natasha are still very much in love and flirt with each other whenever they can.

Screenshot-33-2.jpg

Natasha enjoying her new video game system in their new family room.

Screenshot-34-2.jpg

Tabitha trying one of the new hot dishes, 'creviche' that Natasha brought home from work. It was a little too hot and the table caught fire. Fortunately no one was hurt. (My dad would love those new hot dishes as he loves spicy food. Before his mother passed away almost 26 years ago, she used to make chili so hot that you needed a fire hose to eat it with. I don't like my food that spicy give me mild any day)

Screenshot-35-2.jpg

Tabitha giving her new dog, Pochi. I usually like to guess which breeds are in the mixed breeds and I think that Pochi has either Husky or Akita with a little Shepherd.

Screenshot-37-2.jpg

Screenshot-36-2.jpg

Tabitha finding out she's pregnant with their first child.

Screenshot-41-2.jpg

A very cool-looking Super Star Athlete, Shark making dinner.

Screenshot-40-2.jpg

Blooper shot of Pochi stuck in the fridge.

Screenshot-42-2.jpg

Introducing Shark and Natasha's first grandchild, Agnetha.

Screenshot-45-2.jpg

One of the first zombies to appear on the first full moon, this is local Newton Baker.

Screenshot-46-2.jpg

Proud father, Shadrach holding his daughter for the first time.

Screenshot-48-2.jpg

Tabitha holding Agnetha.

Screenshot-50-2.jpg

Tabitha enjoying a relaxing mud bath.

Screenshot-49-2.jpg

Shark giving Pochi a good brushing. Don't want the dog's white hair getting on the red furniture.

Screenshot-52-2.jpg

Shark enjoying one of the new rocking chairs.

Screenshot-53-2.jpg

Shark rocking his granddaughter.

Screenshot-57-2.jpg

Shark enjoying a picnic on the beach after picking up some seeds for their garden.

Screenshot-60-2.jpg

Tabitha visiting with her sister, Destiny.

Screenshot-62-2.jpg

Nanny Natasha snuggling little Agnetha.

Screenshot-63-2.jpg

Screenshot-64-2.jpg

Natasha enjoying an aromatherapy bath with the rubber ducky

Screenshot-66-2.jpg

Shem holding his niece for the first time.

Screenshot-68-2.jpg

Tabitha invited her family over one day to meet little Agnetha.

Screenshot-70-2.jpg

Shad is talking to his father-in-law, Edward Rosa.

Screenshot-71-2.jpg

Agnetha as a toddler.

Screenshot-72-2.jpg

Screenshot-73-2.jpg

Meet Shem's former imaginary friend now real, Japeth. I will be uploading both Japeth and Shem to my studio for any who are interested. Would love to see them happy in another story or town.

Screenshot-76-2.jpg

Natasha looking cute in her Executive Chef outfit.

Screenshot-77-2.jpg

Rocking her granddaughter.

Screenshot-78-2.jpg

Uncle Shem teaching Agnetha to talk.

Screenshot-79-2.jpg

Screenshot-82-2.jpg

Here are some pictures of the house as it is now.

Screenshot-80-2.jpg

Screenshot-81-2.jpg

Shadrach holding his first vaccination clinic.

Screenshot-83-1.jpg

Screenshot-85-1.jpg

Screenshot-86-1.jpg

More nighttime fishing.

Screenshot-87-1.jpg

This 'Whipper' horse unicorn joined her. I know it looks the fishing line is sticking through the horse.

Screenshot-90-1.jpg

Shem's adult birthday party.

Screenshot-92-1.jpg

The Grim Reaper came for two of the town's vampire Sims, Marc Brandt and Gala Ball but decided to let Gala live as he said that her misfortunes amuses him and the locals and decided not to take their fun away, yet. He didn't let Marc live though. Shark took his gravestone to the local cemetery the next day.

Screenshot-93.jpg

Screenshot-94.jpg

Screenshot-95.jpg

Shem getting his new young adult clothes.

Screenshot-97.jpg

Screenshot-98.jpg

Agnetha being held by Gala Ball who is a good friend and co-worker of Natasha.

Screenshot-96.jpg

Japeth in his new outfit.

Screenshot-99.jpg

This is Japeth's new house. Sorry forgot to take a picture of the outside but will get on next time.

Screenshot-100.jpg

Screenshot-101.jpg

Screenshot-102.jpg

Screenshot-103.jpg

Shem and Michaela finally glad to be together.

Screenshot-104.jpg

Screenshot-106.jpg

Shem couldn't bear for them to be apart any longer so he proposed and then they got married.

Screenshot-107.jpg

Screenshot-109.jpg

Screenshot-111.jpg

Screenshot-112.jpg

Back at the house, Agnetha playing with the alligator toy.

Screenshot-113.jpg

Meet Shem's new wife, Michaela.

Screenshot-114.jpg

Already trying for a baby and the chimes rang.

Screenshot-115.jpg

Michaela in the rocking chair. Too bad they couldn't make the Sims look more relaxed in the chair.

Screenshot-117.jpg

That's all the pictures for now, enjoy!

Silver