Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tricks for Treats - Closed - Gifting Complete - Thanks, Everyone!

Comments

• Options
    lydiad206lydiad206 Posts: 3,747 Member
    edited October 2012
    Hematita wrote:
    If the repo man shows up because you forgot to pay your bills, just do this before they get a chance to repossess anything:

Type in "Testingcheatsenabled true"

Type in resetsim (repo man's name without parenthesis)

Now just remember to pay your bill before they show up again?

I had him show up for the first time ever! :x Now I'll remember to do this next time...
    er0s4g.jpg
  • Options
    VespidaeVespidae Posts: 3,354 Member
    edited October 2012
    One of my favorite cheats that I like to use is the 'Getting Lifetime Reward Points' cheat. Just use the 'testingcheatsenabled true' cheat, then you just need to put you mouse between the chest and the number of reward points you have. Then hold down, 'shift'+ 'ctrl' and click! You get 500 reward points every click. :mrgreen:
    funny-kitten-scared-of-a-lizard_zps4fet4xdj.gif
  • Options
    readreadreadreadreadreadreadread Posts: 6,243 Member
    edited October 2012
    TRICK!!!!:

You know how pre-made sims end up ulgy when they age up? Make your town much prettier with: get the blue box up, type in testingCheatsenabled true and find the sim you want to make over. Hit shift, and still holding on it, click on the sim. The click edit sim in create a sim, and make over time!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    MeowkatzMeowkatz Posts: 399 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Tip:

I don't know if this counts, but whenever I am taking pictures of my sims, I use the moo cheat, then hold down "alt" on my keyboard to set place them without having to set them exactly with the grid.
  • Options
    SprinterFlashSprinterFlash Posts: 387 Member
    edited October 2012
    A tip for CAS,

If some of your clothes don't match, use the already premade colors when creating an outfit. That way, the whole outfit is tied together!

Sorry if this doesn't count. If it doesn't then here is my entry in Build/Buy Mode:

If you want to rotate items more finer than just clicking and turning, hold down the "alt" key when you rotate an item. It doesn't help a lot, but if you use it right you can add a lot of deatails in your home. :)
  • Options
    HollenaHollena Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited October 2012
    CAS:

Want to be on a certain workforce but don't wanna climb the career ladder to get that perfect hair and outfit?

Use unlockoutfitson/off

You can be:
    -a maid
    -a firefighter
    -a cop
    -and much More!!!
  • Options
    JustLiz87JustLiz87 Posts: 1,074 Member
    edited October 2012
    Want to make your landscaping look fuller? Use the "moveobjects on" cheat to place multiple flowers on the same square. Rotate the flowers with the < or > keys to add fullness to your flower beds! Or add flowers on the same squares as bushes to fill out the fauna.

I found this tip in a landscaping tutorial posted on this site and have since played around with it on my own. I will link to it if/when I find it.

Edited to add this link for the tutorial -

http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=164869
  • Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    edited October 2012
    Just want to say thanks to everyone who has participated so far - we're off to a great start. :) I have some exciting news re: prizes too, which I'll share tomorrow. Night all! :)
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    News for this morning:

Thanks to Seascape's amazing generosity, 2000 more sim points have been added to the prize pool! :D
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    TachinidTachinid Posts: 160 New Member
    edited October 2012
    If you use "Buydebug" you can create your own produce-filled gardens without having to gain the gardening skill. Buydebug even includes rare plants like the life fruit and death flower.

(Sorry if this is a really obvious trick) Nominating myself :D
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Tachinid wrote:
    If you use "Buydebug" you can create your own produce-filled gardens without having to gain the gardening skill. Buydebug even includes rare plants like the life fruit and death flower.

(Sorry if this is a really obvious trick) Nominating myself :D

It's specific and has substance, so it's fine. :) I'm pretty open-minded when it comes to the tips, and I'm sure there are a lot of people that didn't know about this one.
  • Options
    SeascapeSeascape Posts: 2,359 Member
    edited October 2012
    I'm lurking! :D
  • Options
    BinskyBinsky Posts: 4,263 Member
    edited October 2012
    This is really generous of you! Thanks for hosting! I would like to add a tip/trick:

We all know that the Sims 3 lags, and Sims take FOREVER to do anything! Making your Sim go to a dresser and "Plan Outfit" just isn't worth it in order to upload them, and saving them to your Sims Bin takes even longer! One quick tip to uploading your Sims in the middle of gameplay without any lag, is to use testing cheats!

1. Toggle the cheat box with Cnrtl+Shift+C and type into the cheat box "testingcheatsenabled true"
    2. Shift+Click on the Sim you would like to upload and select "Modify Sim in Create A Sim"
    3. CAS should come up, and you can upload your Sim just as you would normally in CAS

Enjoy the time you saved!!

I hope that this works for the contest, thanks again for hosting!!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Zulie234 wrote:
    This is really generous of you! Thanks for hosting! I would like to add a tip/trick:

We all know that the Sims 3 lags, and Sims take FOREVER to do anything! Making your Sim go to a dresser and "Plan Outfit" just isn't worth it in order to upload them, and saving them to your Sims Bin takes even longer! One quick tip to uploading your Sims in the middle of gameplay without any lag, is to use testing cheats!

1. Toggle the cheat box with Cnrtl+Shift+C and type into the cheat box "testingcheatsenabled true"
    2. Shift+Click on the Sim you would like to upload and select "Modify Sim in Create A Sim"
    3. CAS should come up, and you can upload your Sim just as you would normally in CAS

Enjoy the time you saved!!

I hope that this works for the contest, thanks again for hosting!!

Definitely acceptable. Thanks for entering! :)

<waves to Seascape>
  • Options
    Pandamuffin100Pandamuffin100 Posts: 659 New Member
    edited October 2012
    I'm sorry if others already know about this but I recently began using it...

If you want some type of "weather" in your game, you can have it.
    Type in "Buydebug" in the cheat box.
    Get into buy debug > go to misc > look for the greenish orb > place > press ctrl + shift > choose something (default is fog but you can type in things like bubbles, fire, etc.)

I love using it for pictures and things!
  • Options
    samanthajane26samanthajane26 Posts: 3,183 Member
    edited October 2012
    The stairs into basement trick and the trees into the ground I didn't know, that will be exceedingly useful!

I found the same freaky thing as Anette with deleting the IF, but that could have been fixed since the latest patch idk.

Pandamuffin100, I love the fog emitters and at the risk of shamelessly advertising my own studio I have a short tutorial that may support your great tip (although I don't have the weather code on it) here

Ok, heres a little tip for those with the peashooter.

I've read all the most complicated of things about placing loads of peashooters for coverage. I have 1 on my 20x30 lot and its actually all thats needed!

The peashooter's range isn't really an issue, if theres a zombie on the lot just click the peashooter, select "attack zombie" then the name option and the zombie walks into the peashooters range. For some reason my peashooter is registering 1 of my active family as a zombie, I can have the other sim in the household attack her, anytime reguardless of moon phase, and even if she's the other side of the lot she'll still walk into the peashooter range so it can attack her!

I'll be testing on a bigger lot to see if more are needed, but certainly for a smaller lot you really don't need the uncolourable things all over the place!

For those without a peashooter who want to protect their vege patch, fence it in and use a gate, you can then choose to lock the gate to all but household and the zombies can't get through it. :mrgreen:

I'll be bookmarking this for sure since there so many things in the sims theres no way I know even half of them!!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    dreambluangeldreambluangel Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited October 2012
    What a great thread! Thank you :) I must know one trick that hadn't been mentioned yet .....but at this early hour my brain isn't running on all cylinders. So I will have to bookmark and come back. *runs off to ponder *
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited October 2012
    @samanthajane26
    very posible it been fixed.... but it scared me....

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    yoda65yoda65 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited October 2012
    Thank you for this thread! :D I don't want to enter the Giveaway but just sharing this:

I recently learned how to get rid of used objects in sculpture station (if "moveobjects on" don't work):
    "testingcheatsenabled true" and just click on the objects in live mode, there is a delete object option. :mrgreen:

1. ctl-shift-c 
    2. type "testingcheatsenabled true"
    3. ENTER
    4. Go into live mode
    5. Click on actual scuplting station table NOT the block, if u click on the block, this will not work. Shift, L-Click on sculpting table and should see "object" pop up.
    6. Click "object"
    7. "delete" should pop up
    8. click delete
    9. it will delete station and block and what ever else on it.
    27-11-2015_185647_zpsyfowoxwm.png
    Gallery link - I wish Toddlers, Weather, Pets… in Sims 4
  • Options
    yoda65yoda65 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited October 2012
    I love the fog emitters, Seasons sooon… :mrgreen:
    27-11-2015_185647_zpsyfowoxwm.png
    Gallery link - I wish Toddlers, Weather, Pets… in Sims 4
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    yoda65 wrote:
    Thank you for this thread! :D I don't want to enter the Giveaway but just sharing this:

I recently learned how to get rid of used objects in sculpture station (if "moveobjects on" don't work):
    "testingcheatsenabled true" and just click on the objects in live mode, there is a delete object option. :mrgreen:

1. ctl-shift-c 
    2. type "testingcheatsenabled true"
    3. ENTER
    4. Go into live mode
    5. Click on actual scuplting station table NOT the block, if u click on the block, this will not work. Shift, L-Click on sculpting table and should see "object" pop up.
    6. Click "object"
    7. "delete" should pop up
    8. click delete
    9. it will delete station and block and what ever else on it.

Yoda, are you sure you don't want to enter? You can nominate someone else for the prize. :)
  • Options
    BethymaiBethymai Posts: 2,121 Member
    edited October 2012
    Okay, this might be a bit lame, and probably every hard-core simmer knows this, but I didn't find out til a month or so ago and i've playes Ts3 since it came out :oops:

Anyway!
    If you want things to have the exact same colour, e.g matching top and pants, or dresser and bed the same type of wood, you can drag the pattern, or colour, across, making it the same! :mrgreen:

This also works with the little colour wheel in the top left, but only if you have the same number of pattern spaces, e.g if a patter uses 4 different colours, dragging over a colour wheel with two will only change the colour of two!

- I will try get a picture if I have time to go in game! - :D

Again, sorry if this is confusing, or kinda sucky :lol:
    Thanks for hosting :)
  • Options
    angeliii82angeliii82 Posts: 2,042 Member
    edited October 2012
    Thanks for this thread...bookmarked! I will be lurking! :)
  • Options
    samanthajane26samanthajane26 Posts: 3,183 Member
    edited October 2012
    Bethymai thats not at all lame, its something you tend to find by accident or not at all! I'd been playing well over a year before I accidentally dragged and dropped a colour set onto another item :shock:
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited October 2012
    One simple trick: When just starting out with your new sim (family) is to put them to sleep right away, even though they aren't tired, so you can get the well rested buff. I originally remember reading this tip from Pes at M A T Y. ; }