Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you a good sim-god or a bad sim-god?

I'm both. Most of the time I can't bring myself to cause too much strife in my simmies lil lives. But every now and then I've got to shake things up a bit. My sim is immortal, he doesn't age and he has death flowers (and me on his side) so he will never ever die (for now anyways). So he has gone through 5 marriages now, 3 of them were happy and successful. The first bad one was with a genie who became insanely suspicious of both him and the rest of the human world. Her solution to this was that she would put him in a spell induced sleep, then move him from Ghin's Crossing, where they had been living, to an underground bunker in the world that came with pets (what was it called? lol) There she was the abusive, controlling wife who would punish him with her magic if he ever did anything wrong. Then she would pretend like nothing ever happened and that they were two happy people in love again. They had two kids while living there, the boy, who was the oldest grew up to resent his mother because he and his sister had been allowed to go to school (so they wouldn't get taken away), and it's there that he learned that what she did was wrong. So eventually everything came to a head and the son caused her death (courtesy of MC). They all moved to a new town and started over again.
Now my sims most recent wife who happened to be a beautiful witch, was faithful to my sim for quite a while. They lived happily and this wife even got a couple youth potions to extend her life (something I had never done for the previous wives). However eventually she fell out of love with my sim and her eyes began to rove. She first fell in love with Nathan Hayes, poor fellow. See, my sim was driven partially insane by the genie wife, although he'd recovered for the most part, having his heart broken, also broke something else in him. Nathan was terrorized my my sim and his werewolf clan, of which my sim is the alpha. He was attacked that way, and also my sim attacked him with potions. Eventually he was turned into a temporary zombie, hasn't been with in a tousand yards of the wife since then! :twisted: Well, that didn't stop his wifes roaming heart though. Soon her eyes fell on another man. This man was also found out and my sim began to terrorize him as well, as a werewolf. However this relationship stuck and he got my sims wife pregnant :shock: After learning that, my sim just sort of let go, they broke up, she moved out and moved in with him. However, that wasn't the end, a few days later my sim shows up at their house with 3 elixirs, one to "cure" his wife of her witch powers, another to suck the joy out of her life and relationships (potent melancholy?) and a 3rd for the new man, the temporary zombie elixir. :twisted:

Now, I was going to set him up with a new happier relationship. But I had so much fun with the cheating wife scenario that I couldn't just go back to a normal "ho-hum" happy marriage quite yet. My sim, Anthony, had previously created a clone of himself, sometime before his ex-wife moved out, and just for kicks. I didn't really know what I would do with a clone really, but I wanted to try that potion out. Then after the fiasco with his ex Anthony met Missy Smith (an exchange sim) who is incredibly gorgeous. He befriended her and asked her to move in, which she did. Eventually he confessed his attraction for her and they became romantic interests. This is where they are at right now. Missy has met the clone, who Anthony refers to as "Two", but doesn't know him very well yet. My plan for them is that Two will also fall in love with Missy, although Missy will be giving her attentions to Anthony. Although Two is not evil or insane, he is very naive and new to the world. He doesn't know how to handle his feelings yet. Although he adores Anthony as his maker, Anthony also treats Two like a servant and something less that human. Like something that you put on a shelf and only take out when you need it, something w/o any rights and whose feelings aren't important. As such, Anthony doesn't give Two much consideration. They have spoken about Two's place in the household and what sort of things a Clone is allowed to do and not do. One thing a clone can't do is fall in love and try to start a family with another person. Despite what Anthony thinks, Two is going to fall in love, and Missy will treat Two with kindness just because she has such a nice personality and doesn't see him as less than human. Since Two has been told that Missy is off limits, that love is off limits for him, he will watch Anthony and Missy from afar. This will begin to cause feelings of resentment in him toward Anthony and confusion and anger that he can't have her as well (he's been alive for a very short time, he doesn't know what "cheating" is and that it's wrong). Eventually Two's feelings for Missy and his anger toward his maker, Anthony are going to drive him to kidnap Missy and try to keep Anthony from her. I plan to have Two and Missy stay in, you guessed it? An underground bunker out in the woods. It'll be rather crude, like something that Two simply stumbled upon and which has been abandoned for a long time. Missy will refuse to stay so Two will have to resort to imprisonment. Two will have very strong feelings for her, but his control over his emotions is still very immature, like a toddlers? Things are going to be stormy between them, but realizing that her best bet is to keep Two calm, Missy will try to do whatever she can to survive. In the meantime Anthony is going to be worried sick about Missy and, who knows what he will feel toward Two yet. Two did something very wrong, but he is still a bit like a child in his experience of the world and in his ability to make good choices. Eventually Anthony will find them, but I haven't decided if he will kill or keep Two. Or who Missy will in the end choose to be with. Who knows, she could start to actually love her captor as well!

So, what do you guys think? And what sort of mischief have you wrought in your sims lives? Mines rather detailed, sorry about that. You don't have to write as much as I did if you don't want. lol 8)

Comments

• ElmawaElmawa Posts: 2,281 Member
    edited October 2012
    lol just realized I should have put this in the general section, but this is where i hang out the most lately, so I just clicked "new thread" w/o thinking about. oops
  • TaylacfcTaylacfc Posts: 2,098 New Member
    edited October 2012
    umm my sims are usually good i read up to im usually both sorry i scrolled down and saw how much you wrote and its 9:02 here (pm) so yeah :):)
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    edited October 2012
    I'm a totally controlling sim god, my sims have only minimal self will. I only play one sim at a time and kill them when they've accomplished what I wanted from them. Nothing as interesting or as involved as you describe. :oops: I like your story though!!

Mylita

No friends requests, please.
  • SpunkyBeliSpunkyBeli Posts: 915 Member
    edited October 2012
    OMG< I loved reading your post. I, myself, tend to be generally a nice sim god until that certain time every full moon or so and my evil side kicks in, then I build a doorless room, put in a fireplace make sure my sim has zero handiness skills and chock that room full of decorative stuff especially rugs and then stick the poor sim in there. Eventually he/she, usually he, starts a fire and then well, sparks fly so to speak and the room ends up on fire. There's just something about watching my sims pitiful arm going up to ask for help from me before he dies, that never gets old LOL :twisted:
    First Sims 4 expansion = Wanting X tumblr_l9szamVtGc1qaj989.gif Squared
  • perhaelperhael Posts: 26 Member
    edited October 2012
    I've always been borderline obsessive about making sure my Sims are happy and succesful, but recently I've been able to let go a little and allow bad things to happen to my Sims (but nothing TOO bad). I'm slowly working my way up to death and divorce, lol. I'm also very controlling, my Sims barely take a step without my being involved.

So yes, basically I'm a neurotic control freak, and it shows in my Simming. ;)
    edited October 2012
    Taylacfc wrote:
    umm my sims are usually good i read up to im usually both sorry i scrolled down and saw how much you wrote and its 9:02 here (pm) so yeah :):)

Yeah i know. lol I didn't realize how long it had gotten until I hit "submit" and saw the whole thing in it's entirety.
    edited October 2012
    SpunkyBeli wrote:
    OMG< I loved reading your post. I, myself, tend to be generally a nice sim god until that certain time every full moon or so and my evil side kicks in, then I build a doorless room, put in a fireplace make sure my sim has zero handiness skills and chock that room full of decorative stuff especially rugs and then stick the poor sim in there. Eventually he/she, usually he, starts a fire and then well, sparks fly so to speak and the room ends up on fire. There's just something about watching my sims pitiful arm going up to ask for help from me before he dies, that never gets old LOL :twisted:

:twisted: :twisted:

I don't typically kill sims unless they've done something that an overemotional sim would hate enough to cause them to kill. Like the abusive genie wife, there was just no other other way Anthony and the kids were going to get out and be able to live normal lives again. So, she had to go. And it made for a good dramatic scene. No...usually my sims retaliate against their enemies by making their lives miserable....cause....that's better, right? 8) :mrgreen:
  • KatSoloKatSolo Posts: 456 New Member
    edited October 2012
    perhael wrote:
    I've always been borderline obsessive about making sure my Sims are happy and succesful, but recently I've been able to let go a little and allow bad things to happen to my Sims (but nothing TOO bad). I'm slowly working my way up to death and divorce, lol. I'm also very controlling, my Sims barely take a step without my being involved.

This is me too. Poor things must be so happy to retire*, as they will usually have their LTW by then, and I tend to focus on the younger members of the family. Of course they often become the head gardeners, they don't necessarily end up with much time to themselves afterall XD.

*happy as I try to make them, they gotta be exhausted with all the working/skilling/raising kids etc.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited October 2012
    I have been playing good sims, but they do have their moments. I am just getting started on a household that will be a mix of everything good and evil. They will be sisters, but of the different creatures. I'll be talking more about them when and if they start doing anything of intrest, and I have a very good feeling they won't let me down. :twisted:
    edited October 2012
    LaBlue0314 wrote:
    I have been playing good sims, but they do have their moments. I am just getting started on a household that will be a mix of everything good and evil. They will be sisters, but of the different creatures. I'll be talking more about them when and if they start doing anything of intrest, and I have a very good feeling they won't let me down. :twisted:

hehehhe *brushes fingers* excellent.... :twisted:
  • Olle123456789Olle123456789 Posts: 124 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Well, I want my sims to sucess, they are my babies :3
    But still, I'm a drama queen and I looove a good drama. So yes, I take good care of my babies, except from when it comes to love...
    My poor sims... It was a long time ago since I let my family have a happy marriage... :twisted:

//Violina
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited October 2012
    I'm a good Watcher. My sims don't have affairs and are kind to one another unless they have wishes to do otherwise. I do try to fulfill most of their wishes, and often the wishes are what guides the sim's life. Even if I'm unable to lock a certain wish, I keep in mind that my sim wants to do a certain thing and I let them. I have plenty of exciting things happen without my sims needing to be unfaithful to their spouses. I have an evil, insane witch who has weird wishes and mood swings, which is very fun for me!

I tend to randomize their traits when they age up because I like many of the so-called "negative traits," and I like to have varied experiences. Most of my sims are very happy and successful. I am never cruel to my sims, though I allow them to be cruel to their enemies--if they have any.

I don't play with cheats, and if something bad happens like an unexpected death, I go with it. I don't reload the game. It can be very sad when a sim dies, but it adds to the storyline of their lives, so I accept it.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • LizNuiqueLizNuique Posts: 3,413 Member
    edited October 2012
    Both XDD
  • DarkSlayer1331DarkSlayer1331 Posts: 429 Member
    edited October 2012
    :O How do you kill them? I'm assuming you use some kind of cheat code or something? Or a mod maybe? I know how to do the fire thing, and the drowning thing, and electrocution, etc. etc. But you make it sound like you do a forced death thing?
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited October 2012
    I think of myself more as a guidance counselor. I try to help them fulfill their wishes....if they want to be good Sims I try to help them along.....but I don't stop them from being bad.

I like to think they have minds of their own. :D
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited October 2012
    I'm not so much 'good/bad' as ambivalent. I would love to cause total chaos in my towns, just to see the sims freak out over their lives being blown to caput, but then sims are so cute--why would I do that for my own sick amusement? :oops: So I'm torn--I wanna torture them just to laugh at their crazy antics, but it's a disturbing desire so I chicken out and always end up saving them from bad sitautions. *SIGH*
  • Feather91Feather91 Posts: 2,132 Member
    edited October 2012
    I try to give them a good life, but whatever happens happens, so if my sims want to mess up their lives they can do as they please. I used to be very controlling, but I thought it would be more fun to let them do what they want.
    tumblr_nabfikC3DM1snecxgo2_400.gif
  • gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited October 2012
    I am a kind Watcher and completely contol my little digital family.

I also create stories that include cheats when the story needs it.

Redid all my Sims game and wiped out everything when the patch broke them.

Right now I have started a family (motherlode cheat for nice house and some money to fit the story. And mod for upgrading skills to also fit the family's story). It is in Sunlite Tides. My woman is a shaman (witch). That has lived long on the island. Her mother blessed her with long life and she is considered an elder of the island. She is a good Shaman, but woe to those that displease her. She has a husband that died eatting a forbidded plant (jellybean and was created as this in CAS). He is an artist, she continues her study in witchcraft and alcemey(sp). They have had their first children (twins). One is a ghost/witch and the other human/witch.

Waiting for seasons to bring it more into play, but I treat them kind. I just wish they had some remakes of Sims Castaway furnishing because that would totally fit the story. I have an hynea and Anubis dog, but pets are a pain to keep so haven't used either yet. But their house has some store sets to help make it better as with some of the clothes sets.

-Points @ EA- With seasons coming it would be great if you remade some of the Sims Castaway stuff. Specially now that you made an island.

• PlateinmywayPlateinmyway Posts: 1,474 New Member
    edited October 2012
    I started out as a good Watcher(I remember crying after my sim's death...That was way back in sims 1,I think),but then I turned to the dark side :twisted: *evil laugh*
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    edited October 2012
    Mostly a good watcher, and I try to let my sims do what they wish for, until they hook up with the "wrong" sim then I have them get divorced. That's about as bad as it gets in my games...that and maybe a little discreet cheating. :twisted: I could really give a hoot about the broken reputation system. :lol:

I have never killed a sim on purpose, well, maybe just once I let a sim die but he started it, I just never saved him. :P I can't really spend the better part of at least an hour making a sim just to destroy it later, just my opinion. Now townies, pfffft, they're expendable. :lol:
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • RoseGrangerRoseGranger Posts: 8
    edited October 2012
    I try to be a bad Sim-god, so I create a family with a mind to kill them once they've fulfilled their purpose (make a small fortune, have kids, etc) but then I get too attached... I've only so far managed to kill four Sims, three were ones I created (for killing) and one was some rich guy living with another rich guy who my Sim married, so I killed the spare. I really ought to stop getting so attached.
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited October 2012
    bshag4lv wrote:
    Mostly a good watcher, and I try to let my sims do what they wish for, until they hook up with the "wrong" sim then I have them get divorced. That's about as bad as it gets in my games...that and maybe a little discreet cheating. :twisted: I could really give a hoot about the broken reputation system. :lol:

I have never killed a sim on purpose, well, maybe just once I let a sim die but he started it, I just never saved him. :P I can't really spend the better part of at least an hour making a sim just to destroy it later, just my opinion. Now townies, pfffft, they're expendable. :lol:

It's not the reputation system that keeps me from having my sims cheat though, it's that it would make me sad. I play to enjoy myself, and so I don't have my sims cheat. I get very upset by that sort of things in movies and such as well.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • x0holly0xx0holly0x Posts: 412 New Member
    edited October 2012
    I usually have one main Sim in a family that I control every minute of and obsess over their lives; but the others in the family I let do what they want. More often than not bad things happen to them but as long as my favourite Sim is happy so am I!
  • BabiskoBabisko Posts: 1,290 Member
    edited October 2012
    I'm both, through and through. I create one family with a number of sims. One sim, I'll let him or her live a happy and nice life, while the other sim, its really chaotic, so that way I can get both doses of good and bad Maker >:)
    We are now the knights who say Ekke Ekke Ekke Ekke Ptangya Zoooooooom Boing Ni!
  • LiliyahLiliyah Posts: 592 Member
    edited October 2012
    Both xP
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-26907-1385048868-23.gif