Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tricks for Treats - Closed - Gifting Complete - Thanks, Everyone!

I always love to learn something new about this game, and I thought it would be fun to host a random giveaway in celebration of Halloween. All month long, simply submit your favorite Sims 3 related tips or "tricks," and you might receive a treat!

How to enter:

1. Post a tip or "trick" in this thread. It can be related to gameplay, building, CAS, CAP, CAW, or any other aspect of the Sims 3.

2. Tips should be specific; for instance, "There is a cheat called moveobjects on" is not specific enough - tell us something in particular that we can do with it! Tips should be substantive but short; you are welcome to provide a link to a tutorial or video with more details if you really want to go in depth. Providing an image or two is fine (no more than two though please).

Here's an example of a tip that would be accepted:

When building, if you hover a jacuzzi over a pool square, the pool becomes invisible, which allows you to place large objects at a much lower height than usual. For instance, you can place trees like this, and they'll look more like shrubs or ground cover:

trickwithpool.jpg

3. Tricks must be unique (to this thread); repeats won't be accepted. There is an index of tricks & tips here that you can check to attempt to avoid duplicates (I will note the page number that it's updated to - you should review any additional pages to make sure your tip's not there).

4. You may enter once a week (i.e. one tip per week). A week is defined as Sunday @ 11:01pm PST through Sunday @ 11:00pm PST.

5. Please give credit where credit is due. I highly encourage posting your own original tips, but there is no way I could research each trick to make sure that it yours. Thus, I'm not requiring that your trick be original, but if you can recall who provided it, please let us know. However, it's okay to say, "I learned this one ages ago, and I don't remember where," as at least you are not claiming ownership.

6. You will receive one bonus entry if you post a tip or trick I've never heard of before! *Added 10/24/12* During the final week (week 5), you will also receive one bonus entry if you post a tip or trick related to *building*.

7. You are welcome to nominate someone else to receive your prize, should you win. Please state your nomination in your post (and make sure they have items on their wishlist!).

8. If there is a problem with your entry, I will list it with a reason here. If it is a problem that can be corrected, just create a new post with your revised tip.

Prizes

Each week, I will award 1050 sim points of wishlist items based on a random drawing as follows:

1 500 point prize
1 250 point prize
1 100 point prize
2 50 point prizes
4 25 point prizes

On October 31st, I will randomize all entries for the entire month and give away 5000 sim points in wishlist items as follows:

2 1000 point prizes
3 500 point prizes
6 250 point prizes

Sponsors are welcome, as I'd love to offer additional prizes.

Sponsors:

Seascape - 2000 points! Thank you so much! :D

Final note:

I am a busy mother of two, so my time to post and check on this thread is limited. I will try to check on/update it at least once a day, but please be patient if you have a question or comment for me - I will get back to you as soon as I can. Good luck to all who enter, and thanks in advance for all of the great information you will provide! I hope we'll all learn a ton from this thread.
Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations

Comments