We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HELP!!!!

I'm not really sure where I should post this so I'll post it here. One of my sims aged up from a child to a teen and I wanted to teach them how to drive. so I had my sim go to their mum and ask for help learning how to drive, tghe mum went out to the car and rove off with the "Meet up" action cued with the car and meanwhile my teen sim just turned on the setro...Is anyone having this problem or am I the only one? Please help.
Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults

Comments

• mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,676 Member
    edited October 2012
    Just cancel both of their actions and try it again, if it happens again, then just temporally (sp) turn their free will off and do it again. Make sure both of them have nice green needs in especially fun :wink:
  • LokendraLokendra Posts: 276 New Member
    edited October 2012
    The game seems to be canceling actions for sims... every now and then
  • trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    edited October 2012
    Some sims with the absent-minded trait will cancel their own actions, occasionally leaving others in the lurch, so that might be it. Reminds me of my RL husband... :lol:
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited October 2012
    I've tried this interaction three times, I had my teen ask his dad and the same thing happen. I had both parents offer to teach him how to drive and the same thing happened, my sim does not have the absentminded trait or any other trait and this has only just started since I downloaded the latest patch....
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited October 2012
    It could be a routing issue. Have you had both sims standing near the edge of their lot when you select the option to have them teach to drive? Maybe if they don't have to walk too far it will work.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited October 2012
    SimMommy05 wrote:
    It could be a routing issue. Have you had both sims standing near the edge of their lot when you select the option to have them teach to drive? Maybe if they don't have to walk too far it will work.

No they were standing just inside their house, and as I mention in the top post the mum went outside whilst her song just stood there for a moment the turned on the stereo....