Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Angels and Demons.

I think these would be good sim types to have in the game. Both types could fly and have special powers, and special penalties if an angel meets a demon or vice versa. They also were a part of a Maxis game called Afterlife. A good trait sims would get a bonus being around an angel but bad vibes near a demon. An evil trait sim would get a bonus around demons but bad vibes around an angel.

Comments

• ZombyTurtleZombyTurtle Posts: 100 New Member
    edited September 2012
    CancerCrab wrote:
    I think these would be good sim types to have in the game. Both types could fly and have special powers, and special penalties if an angel meets a demon or vice versa. They also were a part of a Maxis game called Afterlife. A good trait sims would get a bonus being around an angel but bad vibes near a demon. An evil trait sim would get a bonus around demons but bad vibes around an angel.

Yep love the idea, hope it gets included in a future EP. Id much rather have this than mermaids (sorry to all the mer fans :P)
  • SkullkinSkullkin Posts: 148 Member
    edited September 2012
    CancerCrab wrote:

The only problem with this is that not everyone is a Christian, so it would upset those whose religions aren't represented.

Prehaps if they used "Evil Spirit" instead of demon and "Good Spirit" instead of angel, then maybe the idea could work. Otherwise, it'll never happen.
  • StakerStaker Posts: 417
    edited September 2012
    Skullkin wrote:
    CancerCrab wrote:

The only problem with this is that not everyone is a Christian, so it would upset those whose religions aren't represented.

Perhaps if they used "Evil Spirit" instead of demon and "Good Spirit" instead of angel, then maybe the idea could work. Otherwise, it'll never happen.
    If you look at almost any religion or culture in the world, there are at least mentions about demons. Even ancient Greece knew them - and that's way before Christianity.
    Angels, however, is another thing... On the other hand, having angels and demons does not equal Christianity or any other religion. You can have them without any word of God, gods, Jesus, the Devil or anything else concerning deeper religion. Just bad spirits called demons and good spirits called angels. Nothing higher, no references to religions.
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited September 2012
    Interesting idea CC!
    Skullkin wrote:

Prehaps if they used "Evil Spirit" instead of demon and "Good Spirit" instead of angel, then maybe the idea could work.

^^^ this seems reasonable.
    Staker wrote:
    If you look at almost any religion or culture in the world, there are at least mentions about demons. Even ancient Greece knew them

Example please? :D
  • PsychoMasterXPsychoMasterX Posts: 2,553 New Member
    edited September 2012
    it has nothing to do with religion you can have demons and angels, there alot of games with supernatural beings like angels
  • ememzemmyememzemmy Posts: 215 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I don't really think angels and demons are that interesting... sorry.
  • bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited September 2012
    no demons for me please.
    as a christian i dont want them.
  • Urosh1994Urosh1994 Posts: 2,425 Member
    edited September 2012
    No, just no. No angels, no demons.. no religion or such things.

I'm happier with awkward Simbots and Imaginary Friends.
    edited September 2012
    Staker wrote:
    If you look at almost any religion or culture in the world, there are at least mentions about demons. Even ancient Greece knew them

Empusa, lamia, vrykolakas, mormo (Ancient Greece)
    Rakshasa, piasca, vetala (Hinduism)
    Amanojaku, anmo, enenra, kappa (Japan)
    Rusalka, polevoi, leshii, ala (Slavic mythology)
    Hiisi, näkki, ajattar, maara, kööpeli (Finnish mythology)
    Ammut (Egyptian)
    Bäckahäst (Norway)
    Tannin, Semyaz (Jewish demonology)
    And many more :D

• murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited September 2012
    As the other posters already stated, every culture has their own sort of Good Spoirit and Evil Spirit--beings that help, protect and guide people, and those that delight in leading people astray and tormenting/tempting them. The idea's actually older than religion. I you need an example, Wikipedia's got entire compiled lists of cultural versions you can read about.

Would I want angels and demons in my game? I would certainly like the CAS items like accesory wings and horns and the like, plus more powers/ways of influencing sims or better or worse, but I agree--call it something other than Angel/Demon, so you don't offend people. Just call it Good/Bad Spirit, the same way we have good/bad witches in Supenatural/Apartment Life. It's cleaner that way.
    edited September 2012
    Staker wrote:
    Staker wrote:

Thank you. :D I'm interested in Ancient Greece and I've heard of all sorts of creatures from mythology but I didn't realise that they were refered to as 'demons'. You're right though, I checked the definition on the Oxford English Dictionary Online and it is an Ancient Greek word. It's strange that I didn't know this! Must swot up!
    edited September 2012
    Staker wrote:
    Staker wrote:

Thank you. :D I'm interested in Ancient Greece and I've heard of all sorts of creatures from mythology but I didn't realise that they were refered to as 'demons'. You're right though, I checked the definition on the Oxford English Dictionary Online and it is an Ancient Greek word. It's strange that I didn't know this! Must swot up!
    I'm also interested in Greek mythology! :D
    Demons in Greek mythology are quite shady, though. Originally, the word mean all kinds of divine spirits and spiritual creatures, not just the evil ones. And the definition of some creatures isn't very clear. For example, in some myths Lamia was a single monster created from a Libyan queen by jealous Hera, in other myths the lamiae are seen as vampiric demonesses. And the beautiful daughter of the spirit Mormo and Hecate, the goddess of witchcraft, was called Empusa, while the devilish female monsters that attacked travelers were called the empousae.
    So it's really just a line drawn to water. :-)
    edited September 2012
    Well, you taught me something new. :D I agree thought that Greek Mythology is a slippery subject! I'm studying for a humanities degree and have been thinking about taking a module in Greek Mythology... well, I've clearly got a LOT to learn! :lol:

Anyhoo, back OT... I wouldn't mind angels/demons or even religion as long as it was done in a sensitive fashion, obviously avoiding REAL creatures and religions. I think it would have to have a comical angle, so the bad spirit could encourage teens to do pranks, or skip school, or jump out at sims and say 'BOO!' (or whatever that is in simlish), so they're not exactly 'evil', just as the 'evil' trait isn't really that bad.
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,414 Member
    edited September 2012
    Skullkin wrote:
    CancerCrab wrote:

Prehaps if they used "Evil Spirit" instead of demon and "Good Spirit" instead of angel, then maybe the idea could work. Otherwise, it'll never happen.

Well demons and angels aren't just exclusive to Abrahamic religions like Judaism, Islam, and Christianity. Almost all religions mention demons and angels in some facet.

With that said, I voted for the afterlife world they mentioned in a survey. I just wish we would've gotten it.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    edited September 2012
    Touchy ain't we.

Look you may have come from thin air,aliens or pond scum but some us feel there is a higher power that created life.Amen. :D
  • MissBitsy11MissBitsy11 Posts: 2,994
    edited September 2012
    No thanks, sorry. It just doesn't seem very sim-like. Other things could work though.
  • Toughgirl98Toughgirl98 Posts: 2 New Member
    I love the angels and demons ideas for the sims 4. I love the idea of angels having horns and both being able to have wings and fly and the powers of the angels and demons would be epic. I think if they do it an after life world should come with it could be called the netherworld and be divided between the good and bad sims. I also think angel demon hybrids would be cool and rulers of the netherworld.
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,274 Member
    This thread is from 2012!
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top