Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

underwater bar anybody know how i'd make this?

IvinoraIvinora Posts: 1,165 Member
soooooo i found this bar online
(follow link)
http://www.geekologie.com/2012/09/i-would-get-drunk-there-and-i-would-frea.php

and i really adore it @.@ so i would like too get one for my world maybe make one, but i have no idea how to start on this since i'm rather newbie on the building stuff :/ my plan would be too make this in an ocean or lake... any ideas? or if maybe somebody has done this before help would be nice :o

Comments

• DataHeadDataHead Posts: 1,098 Member
    edited September 2012
    What I would do is make the bar in the basement on a Community Lot (basements work the same on community lots as on residential). Then surround the area you have as the basement with a pool. You can then put windows in the walls of the pool and it gives the illusion the building is underwater. Unfortunately you can not build in water unless you create a lot that goes into the water with the Create A World tool.

Hope this helped!
    -DH
  • Illyianna2005Illyianna2005 Posts: 895 Member
    edited September 2012
    Check this out http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4513659# and there is another one called Scuba but I forget where I saw it.
  • IvinoraIvinora Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited September 2012
    DataHead wrote:
    What I would do is make the bar in the basement on a Community Lot (basements work the same on community lots as on residential). Then surround the area you have as the basement with a pool. You can then put windows in the walls of the pool and it gives the illusion the building is underwater. Unfortunately you can not build in water unless you create a lot that goes into the water with the Create A World tool.

Hope this helped!
    -DH

yeah i thought putting it in actually seawater might be abit too hard to pull off haha XD never hurts asking though :o
    but thanks i'll try tomorrow see if i can pull something out off my sleeve...

@Illyianna thank you for the link, i'm downloading it as we speak and will put it in my game in a second too check it out, the outside looks nice ;)

thank you verry mutch for the info guys