Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☀ Back In The Day ~ Elderly Modelling Competition ☀ Sign Ups Open Until October 13th ☀

Comments

• sims3elbsims3elb Posts: 925 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Finished my school stuff, now I can make my elder. I will have the pictures uploaded tonight, hopefully.
    One question.. how do you make the background white? :oops:
  • 2oo922oo92 Posts: 2,627 Member
    edited September 2012
    Go to your paint for the walls and find the one that has no molding at all. Then go and repaint it. Then go to the section under Misc. and with all the patterns there should be this plain white. It works the best.

Also to make it really white I'd use some invisible lights. Pull up the cheat box using ctrl, shift, 'c' and write in buydebug while in buy mode. A little box with a question marks should come up, and in there in the last section there should be some invisible wall lights. They're great for highlighting your sims.
    edited September 2012
    2oo92 wrote:
    Go to your paint for the walls and find the one that has no molding at all. Then go and repaint it. Then go to the section under Misc. and with all the patterns there should be this plain white. It works the best.

Also to make it really white I'd use some invisible lights. Pull up the cheat box using ctrl, shift, 'c' and write in buydebug while in buy mode. A little box with a question marks should come up, and in there in the last section there should be some invisible wall lights. They're great for highlighting your sims.

I THOUGHT I had a good shot
    CassidyHutson_zpsa5a8a1ad.jpg
    But unfortunately I played before I checked back here.
    I will definetly do that on friday though
  • debbi2qltsdebbi2qlts Posts: 741 Member
    edited September 2012

This sounds like fun. It has been over a year since I did a Comp. Please Reserve me :wink:
    edited September 2012
    I don't have the headshot and body shot on a white background yet, however I will edit this post tomorrow so they will be here. :D

Username/Nickname: sims3elb/Em

Model Name: Cassidy Hutson

Headshot on white background: (see above)

Bodyshot on white background: (see above)

Biography: Cassidy Hutson has lived a life with it's ups and downs, like any other. She had a fiancee she never married, and a daughter out of that relationship, that, let's just say, died.
    Now that all is said and done, however, Cassidy has moved in with her daughter's family to live out her twilight years in peace. But that doesn't mean she can't party anymore, right?
  • whisk89whisk89 Posts: 795 Member
    edited September 2012
    debbi2qlts wrote:
    This sounds like fun. It has been over a year since I did a Comp. Please Reserve me :wink:
    By all means!

@sims3elb, aww thanks, sorry that you need to use a white background, I love your sim!
    edited September 2012
    whisk89 wrote:
    @sims3elb, aww thanks, sorry that you need to use a white background, I love your sim!

Thanks! It's okay; now I have an excuse for more time on TS. :wink:
    If you don't mind answering, where did you edit/make the first post stuff and your signature?

edited September 2012
    sims3elb wrote:
    Thanks! It's okay; now I have an excuse for more time on TS. :wink:
    If you don't mind answering, where did you edit/make the first post stuff and your signature?
    Well I made it all on GIMP. I downloaded some tree/paint splat/spray/bird brushes, and made an overlay of a paper texture.
    edited September 2012
    Well, I installed Pets last night and my game got messed up. I should have uninstalled my C.C. like a smart person, but nobody's perfect.
    I will try to get it working again so I can submit my model; I'm so sorry for the delay. If I can't fix it I'll tell you and then somebody else can take my place. :(
    edited September 2012
    sims3elb wrote:
    Well, I installed Pets last night and my game got messed up. I should have uninstalled my C.C. like a smart person, but nobody's perfect.
    I will try to get it working again so I can submit my model; I'm so sorry for the delay. If I can't fix it I'll tell you and then somebody else can take my place. :(
    Aw, I know how you feel, my game is all messed up >.< Don't worry, sign ups are open until ages away, and if nobody else signs up I will have to extend it, obviously! You still have plenty of time, there is no delay, don't worry about it!
  • Honeynut67Honeynut67 Posts: 253 New Member
    edited September 2012
    This seems super fun! It would be super awesome if you could reserve me, I'll try to get the entry form and assignment up today :mrgreen:
    edited September 2012
    Honeynut67 wrote:
    This seems super fun! It would be super awesome if you could reserve me, I'll try to get the entry form and assignment up today :mrgreen:
    Thank you! I will extend the date for entries to be handed in, considering there aren't a lot of people so far ;)
  • SLAHP4SLAHP4 Posts: 7,890 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I'm going to have my model up by today.
    edited September 2012
    SLAHP4 wrote:
    I'm going to have my model up by today.
    Awesome, thanks!
  • cool_owl_city_rockcool_owl_city_rock Posts: 1,715 Member
    edited September 2012
    Reserve me? I love competitions for elders :).
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited September 2012
    What a wonderful idea! My simself is an elder and I like to think she still has life in her ;) I don't like competing, but I shall definitely keep my eye on this thread :D
    edited September 2012
    Reserve me? I love competitions for elders :).
    By all means, I will update in a moment.
    Mikezumi wrote:
    What a wonderful idea! My simself is an elder and I like to think she still has life in her I don't like competing, but I shall definitely keep my eye on this thread
    Thanks, nobody seems to use elders much and I have a few cute assignments planned ;)
  • OkatoOkato Posts: 125 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I love this idea! There are too many competitions that are just for Young Adults.
    Can you please reserve me a spot?
  • SLAHP4SLAHP4 Posts: 7,890 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Username/Nickname- Slahp4 or Slahp
    Model name- Lilyann Kidmann
    Headshot on White Backround- 30iciac.jpg
    Bodyshot on White Backround- 2eqgcyg.jpg
    Short Biography (Optional)- Lilyann isn't your typical grandmother to say. She has modeled since she was 19. Oh she looked great in her days. But with the help of plastic surgery she has revived most of her old looks. Now she is one of the oldest models on the runway. Watch out world!
  • 2oo922oo92 Posts: 2,627 Member
    edited September 2012
    I just noticed assignment one was up! Awesome!
    edited September 2012
    Okato wrote:
    I love this idea! There are too many competitions that are just for Young Adults.
    Can you please reserve me a spot?
    By all means!
    2oo92 wrote:
    I just noticed assignment one was up! Awesome!
    ;) Good good!
  • cool_owl_city_rockcool_owl_city_rock Posts: 1,715 Member
    edited September 2012
    I'm gonna go work on my model. Thanks!
  • themysticalpoetthemysticalpoet Posts: 1,000 Member
    edited September 2012
    Imma lurk -w-
    giphy.gif

edited September 2012
    Imma lurk -w-
    Thanks ;)

And I forgot to say, thanks SLAHP for your awesome model, I will update everything now!
    edited September 2012
    It's all updated.