Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't Start Game Process.

420Sim420Sim Posts: 54 New Member
edited February 27 in Nominated Threads
Over the weekend I updated my iMac to 10.8.2 today is the first day since the update that I have tried to play the game. If it starts I only get to the Main Menu. Get the Disc Auth Error message. But before the starts there is an error message That The Game Process Can Not Be Started. It played fine until the Mac OS 10.8.2 update.

Has anyone else run into this issue yet?
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• melynirmelynir Posts: 18 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Yes, me and other people in another thread as well, are having the same problem as you.

It's worth nothing that it wasn't because of the late system update though: I didn't change anything on my Mac from yesterday, and then today I suddely had this problem. :(
  • kjbennettkjbennett Posts: 7 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Exactly the same situation- I was playing the game last night until about 7pm EST. Tried to open the game this morning and got the error message.
    Nothing updated on my Mac ProBook during the night, I would have had to authorize it. My launcher hasn't been connecting to the web for over a week also.
    So sad that us Mac users are treated like distant relatives and have to endure all kinds of 🐸🐸🐸🐸 while the PC users have few of these issues.
  • 420Sim420Sim Posts: 54 New Member
    edited September 2012
    420Sim wrote:
    Over the weekend I updated my iMac to 10.8.2 today is the first day since the update that I have tried to play the game. If it starts I only get to the Main Menu. Get the Disc Auth Error message. But before the starts there is an error message That The Game Process Can Not Be Started. It played fine until the Mac OS 10.8.2 update.

Has anyone else run into this issue yet?

I have installed
    Sims3
    world Avdentures
    Late Night
    Fast Lane
    High End Loft
    Outdoor Living Stuff

game version is 7.2.7.018031
    edited September 2012
    I am chatting with an EA Help guy; he told me to manually re-apply the latest patch by following instructions on this link: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/549552.page

I'll keep you guys updated if it works.
  • 420Sim420Sim Posts: 54 New Member
    edited September 2012
    melynir wrote:
    I am chatting with an EA Help guy; he told me to manually re-apply the latest patch by following instructions on this link: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/549552.page

I'll keep you guys updated if it works.

Great I've already started to download it.

I also did get my game to start, but I still got the error message "game process couldn't be started".
  • kjbennettkjbennett Posts: 7 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I manually re-applied the latest patch by following those instructions and it didn't work.
    Seems pretty clear that EA doesn't understand where the problem is either. It'll be interesting to see how long this issue sits around before they address it officially.
  • OLTLx3LoveOLTLx3Love Posts: 12 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I'm having the same problem!!

(didn't update my computer recently, or anything either)

but I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one, I thought maybe it was just my game.

stupid EA.

*sigh* let's hope they fix this soon.

• mariemumumariemumu Posts: 4
    edited September 2012
    did someone resolve the problem? Help me please!
  • ChemicalwibsChemicalwibs Posts: 6,345 Member
    edited September 2012
    How weird, this started happening to me today as well :? It was fine yesterday, then today I just got the "the game process could not be started" error message. I haven't changed or updated anything since yesterday. I tried restarting my Mac, but that didn't help. Moved my Sims 3 folder to the desktop to see if it would start with nothing installed, still got the same error message. Repairing permissions didn't help either. So, I decided to do a clean re-install and I'm in the process of doing that now. Not how I had planned to spend the evening, but that's the life of a Mac simmer I suppose *frowns*

Edit: I wanted to add that I have that latest patch (but not the Supernatural EP), but I've been playing with that since it was released. I have no idea what could have changed literally overnight to cause this error.
    wibsandthesims.tumblr.com
  • BatzOverBarstowBatzOverBarstow Posts: 22
    edited September 2012
    same thing happening here. I'm starting to get so sick of this! I've been playing my game less and less recently because it seems like every time I try to play something else happens that prevents me from being able to run the game. I tried doing the manual patch and it didn't work. I'm really really tired of this crap from EA...after spending countless dollars on their products you would think we deserve some semblance of respect from them, at least acknowledge when you're software has problems!!!
    sorry, this is just a building frustration with EA for me, hahah. :D
  • STEGA18STEGA18 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I have the same issue as well. I played the game last night, but it won't start up this morning. But at least I know we all the problem started today. Which is weird.
    edited September 2012
    I'm starting to think this is not a coincidence...What did you do, EA?
  • mintnorth2424mintnorth2424 Posts: 195 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Oh my Goodness!! I was reading these and was curious about what was happening. I played last night no problem. I thought I would be safe....well I wasn't! I get the same issue today! I can't play because of the Can't Start Game Process! What is going on? I had no updates to my Mac, or to the game in the time I played last night to now.
  • yoda65yoda65 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited September 2012
    Hi! I have the same issue! :shock: Played the game fine yesterday. Up to date with latest patch, ALL EP.
    But Today I had a security update for Mac OS 10.6.8 ?

Nothing works now! Launcher does not install Store contents: an error occurred during the installation of the content. "Please see the log for more details" ?Where exactly? and I can't launch the game, got "the game process could not be started" error message.

I tried : restarting my Mac, repairing permissions, moved my Sims 3 folder to the desktop, start with nothing installed, still got the same error messages. :(
    27-11-2015_185647_zpsyfowoxwm.png
    Gallery link - I wish Toddlers, Weather, Pets… in Sims 4
  • xokissez45oxxokissez45ox Posts: 80
    edited September 2012
    same. problem. here.

i know that ea hates mac users and loves to make our lives difficult, but i refuse to switch back to a windows OS. it was a terrible experience! my computer broke every 5 seconds. i'm sure computer savvy people can keep it going but i don't have the energy or time. ever since i got my macbook pro in 2009, it has always run as if i JUST BOUGHT IT.

i've got most sims EPs installed and i have settled for my game crashing every 2-3 hours into a game. i just save constantly. i can deal with it, and who wants to be playing longer than that at one time anyway? i've uninstalled world adventures because that one is just a huge mess for me, though.

i haven't had time to play for a couple weeks and i was really looking forward to playing today on my day off. SUPER DISAPPOINTED.
    edited September 2012
    Update: the super-patch didn't work.

The EA guy told me to manually disinstall and then re-install everything.

I did (*without* also re-installing the optional store content).

Nothing changed.

*sighs*
  • mintnorth2424mintnorth2424 Posts: 195 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I went ahead and sent an email it EA. I didn't want to come off mean, so hopefully it's just straight forward enough. This is what I wrote.
    Yesterday I played my game with minimal standard issues. I have the Sims 3 base game, pets, generations and supernatural. Today, I go to play and I get the Can't Start Game Process. I play on a Mac. I have done no updates since the last time I was able to play the game. The game itself did not update either. It was already up to date. I am not the only one with this issue on mac. On the forums many people have the same issue. It can be found here http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/593688.page#9529112
    Restarting my Mac, deleting the cashe files, removing my sims 3 folder in documents and trying to let it repopulate, using 0 mods and 0 custom content and completely uninstalling and reinstalling does nothing to fix the problem.
    I would really like to play my game again. After spending a lot of money on it I feel I am entitled to play what I payed for. So please help fix the problem. But also take note to what I have already tried. Thank you.

edited September 2012
    Thanks mintnorth2424 :)

I do not want to reinstall everything again, I do not think it will solve the problem ... I hope that we will get help from EA soon!
  • CookiedohCookiedoh Posts: 8 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Yeah unfortunately I have the same problem (again)

Some Gremlins must have gotten into my computer and done something to it, because the game worked just fine last night.

I am so so tired of it
    edited September 2012
    How weird, this started happening to me today as well :? It was fine yesterday, then today I just got the "the game process could not be started" error message. I haven't changed or updated anything since yesterday. I tried restarting my Mac, but that didn't help. Moved my Sims 3 folder to the desktop to see if it would start with nothing installed, still got the same error message. Repairing permissions didn't help either. So, I decided to do a clean re-install and I'm in the process of doing that now. Not how I had planned to spend the evening, but that's the life of a Mac simmer I suppose *frowns*

Edit: I wanted to add that I have that latest patch (but not the Supernatural EP), but I've been playing with that since it was released. I have no idea what could have changed literally overnight to cause this error.
    it can not be a coincidence! everything worked yesterday, and today Paf! nothing! :(
  • alyncalync Posts: 32
    edited September 2012
    I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one. I had added a byebyezombies mod last night and thought it had corrupted my game. I'm doing a clean reinstall. I've been meaning to do it anyway. The folders get so messy after awhile. I'll let y'all know if it helps, though I'm guessing it won't.
  • alyncalync Posts: 32
    edited September 2012
    Actually, while I'm here, does anybody know if I should be installing updates as I go along or if I should just wait until all the expansion packs are installed at the end?
    edited September 2012
    alync wrote:
    Actually, while I'm here, does anybody know if I should be installing updates as I go along or if I should just wait until all the expansion packs are installed at the end?

Here is a good guide by BluebellFlora on how to re-install :wink:
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited September 2012
    This is odd that all of a sudden you're all having the same problem. Have you tried turning your Wifi off before you load the game? Are you playing logged in?
    apple-signature.png
    edited September 2012
    alync wrote:

Patching after the Base game and each subsequent EP and SP.
    See here: http://bluebellflora.com/ts3-on-a-mac/how-to-do-a-clean-uninstall-and-reinstall-on-a-mac-2

But I'm not sure it will fix anything, I have a fresh install & still have issues.
    :evil: Cider :twisted:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top