We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
February 23rd - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Zombie... Improvement

I love the zombies, no doubt. One of the best part of SN, that and in the end I found also was/is the Witch & Fairy
(as they seems to level/ evolve in a way, the more they use their powers, the more new ones they gain/ learn)--

BUT I have one small issue...

They are lacking in the threatning area of things... All they do is
simple/ meaningless social actions and once in a great while they bite and will
turn normal sim to zombies... Only for a period though...
They should be more like the mummies of World Adventures.
Those mummies can be deadly-- if you mess with them. They make you think twice about letting your sim anywhere near them.
The zombies should atleast when infecting a sim cause that sim to remain a zombie that appears only during the full moon UNTIL/ UNLESS cured or 'expire'...
That way they have some threat to them. Either have a chance of a 'zombie death' (as in your sim 'expires' all together.. Dead and gone) or persistant zombie form.

And I mean, ofcourse the zombies that appear during the full moon (that seem to have a pale white color opposed to sims you turn to zombies who seem to be a pale green).

And another thing... I have noticed while slightly amusing the zombies seem far more interested in plantation then 'eatting brains'.
I have a small garden of no importance, and often havce my sim in the back yard with it Playing with Magic, the zombies rise and (while my sim stands out in the open) the zombies litterally walk right by him toward the garden, if there's a fence blocking their way they throw a fit and leave.... Leave, really??! The ignore my sim...
I know it's just a game and know not to take it seriously but seriously never before has a zombie passed up a meal for plantation..
Even in Plants Vs Zombies, the zombies ONLY eat the plants if they are in the way BUT their goal is to get to 'you' by getting to the house, they don't go out of their way to eat the plants...

In horror movies or any show/ movie/ game with zombies, when characters see a zombie they don't freak out and go "Oh my goodness! A zombie, I better run home before they ravenage my garden and eat all my vegetation and plants!" No, they are conserned about the zombies eatting them..
Point being I think when you have a sim out in the open that sim should be the target of atleast one zombie... Not the garden.. Seriously.

Are the zombies of SN Vegetarians..?

NOT about protecting my garden, I have it protected but they have no interest in my sim because I have a garden and would rather just take off then bother with my sim... Seriously? ONLY if I cast 'Hunger Curse' on one of them do they take interest in my sim... These brain obsessed zombies don't seem that interested in brains... Only if there is NO garden around...
What fun is there in non-agressive zombies...?

After the patch and the zombie issue is fixed unless something is done to make the zombies more 'Threatning', a full moon wont mean a thing, tend to look over zombies who really don't do anything aside from eatting plants... Might aswell replace them with giant WereChipmunks who raid your garden during the full moon.. Zombies are a threat to people not crops...
Hard to really enjoy them as is is all..
No threat = no fun... :?
Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
JrTlDGw.jpg

Comments

• JayFireflyJayFirefly Posts: 427 Member
    edited September 2012
    Kilov17 wrote:
    I love the zombies, no doubt. One of the best part of SN, that and in the end I found also was/is the Witch & Fairy
    (as they seems to level/ evolve in a way, the more they use their powers, the more new ones they gain/ learn)--

BUT I have one small issue...

They are lacking in the threatning area of things... All they do is
    simple/ meaningless social actions and once in a great while they bit and will
    turn normal sim to zombies... Only for a period though...
    They should be more like the mummies of World Adventures.
    Those mummies can be deadly-- if you mess with them. They make you think twice about letting your sim anywhere near them.
    The zombies should atleast when infecting a sim cause that sim to remain a zombie that appears only during the full moon UNTIL/ UNLESS cured or 'expire'...
    That way they have some threat to them. Either have a chance of a 'zombie death' (as in your sim 'expires' all together.. Dead and gone) or persistant zombie form.

And I mean, ofcourse the zombies that appear during the full moon (that seem to have a pale white color opposed to sims you turn to zombies who seem to be a pale green).

And another thing... I have noticed while slightly amusing the zombies seem far more interested in plantation then 'eatting brains'.
    I have a small garden of no importance, and often havce my sim in the back yard with it Playing with Magic, the zombies rise and (while my sim stands out in the open) the zombies litterally walk right by him toward the garden, if there's a fence blocking their way they throw a fit and leave.... Leave, really??! The ignore my sim...
    I know it's just a game and know not to take it seriously but seriously never before has a zombie passed up a meal for plantation..
    Even in Plants Vs Zombies, the zombies ONLY eat the plants if they are in the way BUT their goal is to get to 'you' by getting to the house, they don't go out of their way to eat the plants...

In horror movies or any show/ movie/ game with zombies, when characters see a zombie they don't freak out and go "Oh my goodness! A zombie, I better run home before the ravenage my garden and eat all my vegetation and plants!" No, they are conserned about the zombies eatting them..
    Point being I think when you have a sim out in the open that sim should be the target of atleast one zombie... Not the garden.. Seriously.

Are the zombies of SN Vegetarians..?

NOT about protecting my garden, I have it protected but they have no interest in my sim because I have a garden and would rather just take off then bother with my sim... Seriously? ONLY if I cast 'Hunger Curse' on one of them do they take interest in my sim... These brain obsessed zombies don't seem that interested in brains... Only if there is NO garden around...
    What fun is there in non-agressive zombies...?

After the patch and the zombie issue is fixed unless something is done to make the zombies more 'Threatning', a full moon wont mean a thing, tend to look over zombies who really don't do anything aside from eatting plants... Might aswell replace them with giant WereChipmunks who raid your garden during the full moon.. Zombies are a threat to people not crops...
    Hard to really enjoy them as is is all..
    No threat = no fun... :?

That is a very good and if I may add... hilarious point. Why are the zombies eating the plants. Don't zombies crave flesh? And boy do they tear apart our gardens... They must be vegan zombies for sure... Very realistic I guess. lol.
  • Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    edited September 2012
    Exactly my point, zombie eat flesh, they've always eatten flesh. Like the sarcassim at the end of your comment lol, funny :D
    JrTlDGw.jpg
    edited September 2012
    Oh, I've noticed something... Much like everyone else I put one of those Jelly Bean Plants in my yard and-- Those 'brainless zombies' wont even touch it... They aren't so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 it seems... What's up with THAT?! lol
    JrTlDGw.jpg
    edited September 2012
    Healthy zombies ftw. :lol:
  • LokendraLokendra Posts: 276 New Member
    edited September 2012
    ^that made me lol! apple a day keeps the zombies away
  • sparkle_crispsparkle_crisp Posts: 14
    edited September 2012
    idk, man. i was pretty scared when my beautiful mushroom garden was getting torn to shreds. I even sent one of my sims out there in the middle of the zombies to try to get them to eat him instead. XD
  • smashbridges20smashbridges20 Posts: 7,397 Member
    edited September 2012
    idk, man. i was pretty scared when my beautiful mushroom garden was getting torn to shreds. I even sent one of my sims out there in the middle of the zombies to try to get them to eat him instead. XD

this made me laugh so hard i almost spit my drink all over my computer. thanks for that!!
    :mrgreen:
    edited September 2012
    Lokendra wrote:
    ^that made me lol! apple a day keeps the zombies away

I wish you could give the zombies the poisonous apples... I have like a million in my inventory.
  • icouldntfindanameicouldntfindaname Posts: 2,228 Member
    edited September 2012
    JayFirefly wrote:
    Healthy zombies ftw. :lol:
    :lol: I remember,that with the announcement of pvz content,Ive heard the pvz song abd at some point it says:Brains are quite rich in cholesteerol...
    Maybe they decided to start diet :lol:
    Oh and sparkle sim,I really laughed har at your comment :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • mikes1987mikes1987 Posts: 854 Member
    edited September 2012
    Kilov17 wrote:
    Exactly my point, zombie eat flesh, they've always eatten flesh. Like the sarcassim at the end of your comment lol, funny :D
    Zombies don't turn back to their human selves either. Thats a flaw they made with that! As for the garden destroyed issue. I just build a fence aroud my back yard that I'm using and have the only exit be the house or garage. No zobmies appear in the backyard or can enter it so the garden is safe.
  • AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited September 2012
    I agree that the zombies should definitely be more menacing towards Sims and that the zombies should prefer snacking on Sims to snacking on veggies! Perhaps they could add an aggression slider? That way those who prefer them goofy and harmless can keep it that way and the rest of us can have a good jolt of fear! LOL But I am also of the opinion that the Sims themselves should have more options for chasing off the zombies. Pea Shooters just aren't for everyone. And right now the witch is the only Sim who comes equipped with zombie defense in the form of the fire blast and frost bolt spells. I think an enchanted item that would allow anyone to have access to these 2 spells would be a fantastic addition to the game. No, I won't ask for baseball bats and shotguns... even tho I wanna! LOL I wouldn't even resent it too much if this was added as a store item. It should probably be a wand to remain in keeping with the setting. I find I really like the spellbook you can get in the store along with the cauldron as it allows any type of Sim SOME access to magic and I think that makes sense in the Supernatural setting.
    edited September 2012
    AmaraRena wrote:
    I agree that the zombies should definitely be more menacing towards Sims and that the zombies should prefer snacking on Sims to snacking on veggies! Perhaps they could add an aggression slider? That way those who prefer them goofy and harmless can keep it that way and the rest of us can have a good jolt of fear! LOL But I am also of the opinion that the Sims themselves should have more options for chasing off the zombies. Pea Shooters just aren't for everyone. And right now the witch is the only Sim who comes equipped with zombie defense in the form of the fire blast and frost bolt spells. I think an enchanted item that would allow anyone to have access to these 2 spells would be a fantastic addition to the game. No, I won't ask for baseball bats and shotguns... even tho I wanna! LOL I wouldn't even resent it too much if this was added as a store item. It should probably be a wand to remain in keeping with the setting. I find I really like the spellbook you can get in the store along with the cauldron as it allows any type of Sim SOME access to magic and I think that makes sense in the Supernatural setting.

I like the aggresion slider suggestion definately.
    edited September 2012
    mikes1987 wrote:
    Kilov17 wrote:
    Zombies don't turn back to their human selves either. Thats a flaw they made with that! As for the garden destroyed issue. I just build a fence aroud my back yard that I'm using and have the only exit be the house or garage. No zobmies appear in the backyard or can enter it so the garden is safe.

I hope you are right about it being a mistake cause then that means in the patch
    sims gone zombie will atleast stay as such... And somehow certain ones will re-become zombies (that were hit with 'Sunlight Charm') by the next full moon I'm sure lol..
    AmaraRena wrote:

THANK YOU!! :D
    Don't get me wrong, I DO like the goofy factor but they could still be threatning while still being goofy... Goofy when no sim dinner is near enough to eat-- perhaps.
    And yeah, I used to use a vampire sim but then found as you say, only the witches can do ANYTHING to the zombies. Btw you forgot Toadifaction Curse & Sunlight Charm. You turn them toad and they run off... And Sunlight Charm, well, we all know what that does lol.

Vampires I figured would maybe have some mind powers over the zombies, after all, zombies DO have brains just don't use them and the vampire is an expert in the mind stuff (though where the vampires in movies and such ever got that I'll never know lol). And since Vamps and zombies are both undead, both snack on the living and neither (seem to) have anything to gain from snacking on other undead (though undead still have their brain) seems to only make sense for them to be allies of sorts...

Fairies it seems to me should be able to do SOMETHING to zombies, they use Magic for crying out loud!!

Normal NPC sims should be able to for groups with pitch forks and torches roaming through town chasing down (some random) zombie(s)!
    Would be histerical.. Atleast I think so!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,964 Member
    edited September 2012
    I was cool with the Zombies at firat but then they started to be annoying. Testingcheats does not work permanently for they just keep coming back and this is the second bug for me since the beginning of the Sims 3 series. The Pea Shooters are not that effective, However SN is still fun. :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • ShadeDaystarShadeDaystar Posts: 995 Member
    edited September 2012
    Are you opposed to Mods? Have you tried Vector from Nraas Industries? I've heard if you're not careful with it, your entire neighborhood can go zombie in a few Simdays.

The only other "zombie mod" I've been able to find is one that completely removes them. Not what I'm looking for. I like the zombies, I want the zombies. I just want their behaviors tweaked a little. Go after my Sims for a tussle and a nibble, please; but leave my garden alone.
    edited September 2012
    Give me pitch forks or give me chaos!

Just want the zombies to hunt flesh not flowers.
    I want a reason to feel leery of zombies not right at home around them. The 'zombie attack' interaction is easily cancelled and even if I didn't it really doesn't do anything ever aside from bitting now and then on rare occasions but only matters if your sim is normal..

Group of Sims with pitch forks and torches however like I said, big giggles-- I think.

I don't know.. This zombie thing needs something though, one way or another. Deffinitly like the zombies concept, no doubt though!
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,365 Member
    edited September 2012
    I could go for a zombie slider. Since installing my game I've had the number of zombies I can count on 2 hands. It seems there's way too many or way too few. I had to have my sim go the Red Velvet Lounge for zombies as they just don't show up at his house. The last 2 that came climbing out of the ground wasn't even on a full moon but the peashooters took care of them...so cool. Since then, nothing. I'd like some zombies please. :lol:
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
    edited September 2012
    bshag4lv wrote:
    I could go for a zombie slider. Since installing my game I've had the number of zombies I can count on 2 hands. It seems there's way too many or way too few. I had to have my sim go the Red Velvet Lounge for zombies as they just don't show up at his house. The last 2 that came climbing out of the ground wasn't even on a full moon but the peashooters took care of them...so cool. Since then, nothing. I'd like some zombies please. :lol:

Yeah... I get ALWAYS the same five... Atleast TWO of them are Teenager sim zombies too. Think one other may be a teen too...
    And I moved homes... Those same zombies... They follow me around town like lost puppy dogs...

(Town: Riverview)

1.) Larry Cooper (Male; Young adult +)
    2.) Ari Moore (Female; Teenager +)
    3.) Lydia Pearl (Female; Teenager +)
    4.) Amy Foster (Female; Young adult +)
    5.) Daniel 🐸🐸🐸🐸 (Male)

Repeat zombies.. Lol.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Jed_Bartlet_02Jed_Bartlet_02 Posts: 425 Member
    edited September 2012
    I thought something was wrong because when the zombies appear in my Sim's yard, the "Zombie Attack" action appears then when the zombie is right near the Sim, the action is cancelled. Or the zombie just stops and yawns, then goes on his/her way. I have yet to see my Sims get bitten.

What is it? They don't like my Sims?
    edited September 2012
    I thought something was wrong because when the zombies appear in my Sim's yard, the "Zombie Attack" action appears then when the zombie is right near the Sim, the action is cancelled. Or the zombie just stops and yawns, then goes on his/her way. I have yet to see my Sims get bitten.

What is it? They don't like my Sims?

Your sim's tasty looks and a juicy brain any zombie would love to eat but alas for Sim Zombies, no sim has anything on the taste of those plants sims plant. They just want your sim(s) to stay out of their way is all.
    They come only for-- Our plants.

Vegetarian zombies... Who knew?
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited September 2012
    Is it true that supernatural Sims can't be turned into zombies? I keep seeing that but on my first full moon when I was paying attention to my vampire and not my ghost my ghost got zombified! And she's my gardener so she unlocked the gate to the garden and went right in to kill her own beloved plants! Horrifying! LOL Fortunately my vampire was able to hit her with a cure potion before too much damage could be done!
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited September 2012
    Goldmoldar wrote:
    I was cool with the Zombies at firat but then they started to be annoying. Testingcheats does not work permanently for they just keep coming back and this is the second bug for me since the beginning of the Sims 3 series. The Pea Shooters are not that effective, However SN is still fun. :D

That is so true about the Testingcheats not working permanently. I wished that when you used it, it would at least stay that way until I quit playing. When ever I use it, yes the zombies do get cured right away, but, and I meant BUT they come back like two seconds later.

The zombies in my last game I just played got so bad, that I ended up saving my family to the bin, to start them in a new town. The zombies just won't leave my family alone. Poor Morrigan Hemlock did not get any sleep because she was surrounded by five zombies that kept attacking her. Morrigan works nights, so this was going on during the day time.

My other sim had just given birth and was on her way home, a zombie spawned outside the hospital and tried to attack my sim. My sim was holding her baby.
    edited September 2012
    I'd give anything to see my Sim running after a zombie with a pitchfork. That would the best.... very Shawn of the dead.
  • DaletheSimDaletheSim Posts: 430 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I think this the first Pro Zombie thread I've read. Most people it seems hate them. I like to use them as target practice for my witches. If you get a good Ice Blast you'll have a frozen zombie in your yard for a few hours. One thing I've had happen recently though is the zombies are making it to the pea shooters and destroying them. I've had to replace about three of them.

If you play as a ghost it's pretty funny when zombies try to attack. They are more afraid of you then you are of them.
  • bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    edited September 2012
    LaBlue0314 wrote:
    Goldmoldar wrote:

That is so true about the Testingcheats not working permanently. I wished that when you used it, it would at least stay that way until I quit playing. When ever I use it, yes the zombies do get cured right away, but, and I meant BUT they come back like two seconds later.

The zombies in my last game I just played got so bad, that I ended up saving my family to the bin, to start them in a new town. The zombies just won't leave my family alone. Poor Morrigan Hemlock did not get any sleep because she was surrounded by five zombies that kept attacking her. Morrigan works nights, so this was going on during the day time.

My other sim had just given birth and was on her way home, a zombie spawned outside the hospital and tried to attack my sim. My sim was holding her baby.

I had the same problem and moved my family to Sunset Valley. But the zombies were way worse than Moonlight Falls and my Sims were being created as zombie dopplegangers. Supernatural has become "Zombies Gone Wild" LOL