Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sweet Treats worst stuff pack ever?

Comments

• jeanamariex3jeanamariex3 Posts: 1,274
    edited August 2012
    GabbyGirlJ wrote:
    Tippy911 wrote:
    I actually use KPST more than I thought I would, but I also have showtime. This is my favourite stuff pack. :3

Yeah, this pack actually complements Showtime really well if you have a female performer. I also think it will blend in pretty well with Supernatural.
    I like unrealistic silly stuff in my game, soooo this is my favorite SP. Town Life is the worst in my opinion. Too many rabbit holes!

I like having a few silly things in my game too. I mean, in real life there are weird, eccentric people who would fill their house with crazy furniture given the chance, so I like being able to play that way in the Sims too. Not everyone would have a sleek ultra-mod house in real life, you know? So, I like being able to create some wacky houses for my goofier sims. Plus, some of this stuff works fine in a realistic home anyway.

I think it will go really well with Seasons too! The awesome gingerbread houses, the candy theme for an Easter Spring Fair, Halloween costumes, etc. And yes, I wish I lived in a mansion in real life, so I could build a gingerbread house. Hopefully I could get it for real.

@GabbyGirlJ: Yeah I'm the same way too! I'm not one of those people insistently demanding to get rid of the occult creatures, because I like that my Sim can live next door to a Vampire, have a pet Unicorn, etc. I've never understood the point of realism full on. It just doesn't work.

• ALISHIA412ALISHIA412 Posts: 233
    edited August 2012
    i dont use the furniture from this pack at all, expect for maybe a party. and only use the chothing for premorming on stage with showtime i like it . to me town life seems like the worst i don't own it but it looks boring. my fav SP is outdoor living.
    edited August 2012
    Alisha, I own Town Life, and to me it's really boring. The clothing options are cute, but it's just another excuse to add more rabbit holes. If TL had OPEN buildings, I would've liked it better.
  • KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited August 2012
    KPST is my favourite stuff pack. Also the one I use most often, because I like random candy stuff in my game. LOL!

I do like the new rabbithole designs in TLS, though.
    edited August 2012
    You know, I did find a lot of classic influence to the solid recolors/non candy/whimsy outfits. The sparkly strapless dress, kind of resembles Bella Goth's famous red dress, Bustin' Out style, while the cotton candy dress was useful for Dina Caliente's famous black dress from TS2. I found them useful for recreating Spice Girls attire as well, especially Ginger Spice!

ANYONE MY AGE REMEMBER THE SPICE GIRLS!
  • STURTAINENSTURTAINEN Posts: 40 Member
    edited August 2012
    ANYONE MY AGE REMEMBER THE SPICE GIRLS!

Not that I wanted to ;), but you are right KPST is perfect for that!

I bought KPST on sale, more for the lots than the clothing. I then ended up only using the pool one, so I un-installed it.

I don't adore it, nor do I despise it, it's just... there. Oh well.
  • jaywhittjaywhitt Posts: 662 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I looked at the trailer for this stuff pack and it looks rubbish. So instead I bought Diesel.
  • emz281299emz281299 Posts: 248 New Member
    edited August 2012
    jaywhitt wrote:
    I looked at the trailer for this stuff pack and it looks rubbish. So instead I bought Diesel.

How is diesal??
  • lataya24lataya24 Posts: 329 Member
    edited August 2012
    ok i got both but i got them used bc i not paying much for that kpst is goin to make summer and spring theme nice. jassica rabbit outfit in there so it ok but i really thought they might have let u be able to make frosty drinks like there **** picture in her package if they added recipe or buyable cupcake ,malts u can share on a date it be alittle worth it.i put candy bowls out at the venue so it like u are eating junk food. the park venue goin to look nice for easter egg hunts or if all the outfits was for kids and teen and not freaking grown-ups i want that brownie outfit for my daughter as a gurl scout i mean come on also i rather had e.t song on there not tgif. Diesel stuff pack is freaking horrible only bums dress in that crap. the clothes are so horrible it is worst then then I thought fall wear that all i can think off. i would like if they make a new stylist job where they ask u they want to wear something from diesel or i want to wear something sweet to this party. Each clothes package they add should add a new stylist job to it. but that my rant on ur page.
  • SupahSilvSupahSilv Posts: 72 New Member
    edited September 2012
    It's not the worst stuff pack, I liked it because of the new hairstyles and outfits. I found the new furniture cute as well.

To each his own.
    edited September 2012
    I'm not interested in FL or OLS, because they're boring. This SP put the FUN CLASSIC ELEMENTS back into Sims. You're right, to each of their own. You're allowed to state your opinion...

all the butt hurt over a stuff pack is unnecessary really...
  • heidi11576heidi11576 Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited September 2012
    jaywhitt wrote:

funny...they are actually giving Diesel away now with SN preorders ;)

edited September 2012
    Darn Heidi! Too bad I had to sacrifice all my other SP's, besides KPST of course.
  • Avalon4850Avalon4850 Posts: 23
    edited September 2012
    Waste of time! Thankfully I only paid $10.
  • heidi11576heidi11576 Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited September 2012
    Darn Heidi! Too bad I had to sacrifice all my other SP's, besides KPST of course.
    oh no! sacrifice why??
  • imsimlishimsimlish Posts: 87
    edited September 2012
    No, I dont think KPST is the worst stuff pack! I love the clothes and hairstyles they added in it, its one of my favorite packs! I think Diesel is the worst SP ever, the clothes are too plain and the buy mode objects arent so much as the KPST SP
  • basiedogbasiedog Posts: 146 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Morskana wrote:
    I quite enjoy dressing the Goth family in the pinkest, most fluffiest, and horrifyingly glittery outfits possible. Poor Gunther. I had him wearing this:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/simsvip/7339654522/
    I don't think he liked it.

I am a materialist, the more stuff, the better. I have held back buying this SP because I really could not see anything remotely useful in it... until Morskana's post. Thanks for the laugh!
  • Jillyson_Twozaks_1Jillyson_Twozaks_1 Posts: 3,334 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I think this would've been better off as store content. I would've picked up some of the arcade elements for a kid-themed lot (like a Chuckie Cheese) and maybe the Freezer Bunny fountain because I love the FB.

If the clothes came with un-candied options, I think they would've done better. (hair too) And how do you have Girl Scout uniforms and not make them for kids? (especially with Scouting in the game!)

This is the first ever sims game that I do not own. I have everything from sims 1 until now, except for this. There was no way I wanted my townies in cupcake bra's.

Deisel was great for the men's clothes, in my opinion, but I didn't care for the women's outfits. I only paid $10 for it, so I feel I got my money's worth.
  • Misztwilight617Misztwilight617 Posts: 60 Member
    edited September 2012
    The worst stuff pack was Diesel. -.-
    tumblr_mu9ep8aRmB1rn1oj5o1_500.gif
  • ZilvraZilvra Posts: 419 New Member
    edited September 2012
    No...but I'm not buying it because I like my Sims game to have a much darker style. I bought Diesel, but am mildly disappointed with it, so I'm not sure that I'd do it again. After watching Katy Perry's movie about her life story, I have more respect for her designs and her work as an artist, and it's nice to see that the Sims stayed true to her designs. But, again, I'm much more prone to either austere fashion or black leather in my games. ;)
  • EiraRoseEiraRose Posts: 203 Member
    edited September 2012
    This is entirely out of opinion. I know several girls who would die trying to defend the name of Katy Perry.

I am not one of those girls.

The minute I saw her endorsing Showtime I thought "Oh well, at least I can get the Non-Katy Perry version and my collection will still be complete" and then they made it into an entire stuff pack. As I don't like Katy Perry's music (or her personality after being forced to watch her movie by a friend) I immediately said "Alright, I refuse to call this part of the Sims." So now I consider my collection complete even though I don't have her silly stuff pack.

I think this was a horrible move on EA. She's not dead or world-widely accepted (I think of her on equal grounds as Justin Bieber - there are an equal amount of people who despise her and everything she stands for as their are people who like her). But besides that, she's still YOUNG. It's not like The Beatles or someone who's been long dead and won't be around to really make a fool of themselves and make EA regret doing this.

What if she ends up doing something stupid or really destroys her reputation? Geez, she's still incredibly young and just starting out... there's still a chance she can tank herself because she is by no means "legendary." I feel like EA should have stuck with Ikea, at least it isn't a person with a reputation that's easy to ruin by one risque tape or a failed album.
  • natalia130780natalia130780 Posts: 1
    edited October 2012
    Im not the fan of sweet treats its jugt too pinky and when you go play in normal towns then everyone just goes around in the crazy clothes and hairstlyes is just so not right
  • albertwhiskeralbertwhisker Posts: 596 New Member
    edited October 2012
    are the candy trees harvestable?
  • GAMESweetGGAMESweetG Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited October 2012
    I'm disappointed that you cannot eat off of the sweet bushes or sweet trees. I click it. But there is no option to eat anything. And I read on Katy Perry's Sweet Treat cover casing on the back that your sim could eat off of them.

Let alone the fairy floss item and giant ice-cream stand. They also don't have an interaction option to either eat or lick.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    sims_forum_sig01OxVtU_display.jpg
    YouTube: Good Sweet Games | SoundCloud: GAMESuite Tunes | Pinterest: GAMESuite Pins | Twitter: GAMESweetG
  • albertwhiskeralbertwhisker Posts: 596 New Member
    edited October 2012
    if they want people to buy this pack, they better make those things edible