Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Riverview download issue

First off I love this game! Especially the custom content!

Alright now my problem. I have it downloaded but when I click install nothing happens. I have Vista.

Comments

• 2colorwonder2colorwonder Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I have the same problem. It effects EVERYTHING I download.
  • RustaviusRustavius Posts: 52 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Try installing it again. Due to the large size of the file, the installation may be...uh...sluggish. :)
  • SciFiWarlockSciFiWarlock Posts: 5,267 Member
    edited June 2009
    By chance do you start the download then click to another area of this site while it downloads? If so that could be the issue. I click to download then went to the forum but it failed. I then clicked on it again and did not navigate anywhere else until it downloaded to my game and it worked fine.

I think it is one of those downloads that need us to be patient and wait for it to be done before navigating somewhere else on the site
    edited June 2009
    By chance do you start the download then click to another area of this site while it downloads? If so that could be the issue. I click to download then went to the forum but it failed. I then clicked on it again and did not navigate anywhere else until it downloaded to my game and it worked fine.

I think it is one of those downloads that need us to be patient and wait for it to be done before navigating somewhere else on the site

Good point.

Again, given the size of the file it might be a good idea to take your dog for a walk or maybe go have a snack while it downloads. And disable your screensaver, just to be safe.
  • bluegrrl6174bluegrrl6174 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I did try downloading it again and left pc alone to do the download and it still wont work.
  • thesocialfrogthesocialfrog Posts: 126 Member
    edited June 2009
    It actually took about 2 hours for mine to download, but it is installed. Took to long though!
    edited June 2009
    I did try downloading it again and left pc alone to do the download and it still wont work.

Try diabaling Weather Bug and/or any other internet applets running your system tray.

Beyond that, I don't know what the problem might be. :(