December 8th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

My first dissapointment, it's small but still

So, I love Supernatural, love it. The one thing I was hoping for and isn't here is the ability to be two or more Supernatural classes. I had a witch, saved my game first, and turned her into a vampire hoping to have a vampire/witch. No dice, she just became a vampire and lost her witch abilities. I didn't save and went back to being a witch.

Comments

• Christine0506Christine0506 Posts: 14
    edited September 2012
    Your lucky then, Mine are glitched... I tried to change my werewolf into a witch through CAS and he's still a werewolf but is able to do everything a witch can do. It's really very annoying because he transform all the freaking time...
  • michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited September 2012
    If you aren't opposed to mods, check out Twallan's new Hybrid mod at Nrass Industries.
  • michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited September 2012
    If you aren't opposed to mods, check out Twallan's new Hybrid mod at Nrass Industries.
  • chitbillchitbill Posts: 2,017 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I'm getting writer's block remembering what not to talk about.
    ok, self editing, hmm.
    Next, have they eased up on talking about mods here? It's ok now? Because if it is, Twallan showed up a couple days ago here to say how EA was making it harder to mod for multiple types, but he was going to work around the "blocks", as he put it.
    Then version 90 of "Master controller" came out, and I'm all hoping it's the one that does it. I already make my species of winged types immortal and have magic hands. I don't know how it would work though, how would I know if they won't age if aging is off? On the other hand, one of my sims just flew ten miles to pick up a rock, so something is better.
    Third, and last, Twallan's page mentions vector for zombie fans but points to another site for those opposed to zombies. I downloaded the zombie mod from the site but now I wonder if it will ever conflict with the game or Twallan's mods. It does seem as though he's released several updates to his 1.38 versions, with no explanation. Basically I've been going there every day for a week and see a new version of overwatch or MC. So I just wonder out loud if there is an actual plan to incorporate the zombie tweak into his main mods.
  • Trish1966Trish1966 Posts: 1,010 Member
    edited September 2012
    I checked out Twallan's site a little while ago. Some of the updates he's made are code updates (whatever those are), but others are just adding foreign language instructions.
  • RBenthienRBenthien Posts: 516 New Member
    edited September 2012
    DaletheSim wrote:
    So, I love Supernatural, love it. The one thing I was hoping for and isn't here is the ability to be two or more Supernatural classes. I had a witch, saved my game first, and turned her into a vampire hoping to have a vampire/witch. No dice, she just became a vampire and lost her witch abilities. I didn't save and went back to being a witch.

So... in your logic.. I should be able to mate a dog and cat and have a caog? That doesn't make sense.. I'm not sure where you possibly got this idea of being able to have multiple supernatural abilities. I'm so sure you are disappointed about this.... just wow!
  • chitbillchitbill Posts: 2,017 New Member
    edited September 2012
    RBenthien wrote:
    DaletheSim wrote:

So... in your logic.. I should be able to mate a dog and cat and have a caog? That doesn't make sense.. I'm not sure where you possibly got this idea of being able to have multiple supernatural abilities. I'm so sure you are disappointed about this.... just wow!

I want a fairy who can cast spells and does not die, I hope that was clear. They'd still be human, republican conservative and whatever.
  • Loulou8989Loulou8989 Posts: 523 New Member
    edited September 2012
    RBenthien wrote:
    DaletheSim wrote:

It's not difficult to fathem what the poster meant, and to be honest your comment was rude and un needed.
    Paige in Charmed is half witch/ half white lighter.SN are created in CAS so we can assume the magic is in the DNA of these sims, just like there nose shape or hair color. So why is it silly to think when two supernatural sims have a baby. It has to be one or the other.....
  • xtine1012xtine1012 Posts: 840 New Member
    edited September 2012

And zombies witches fairies werewolfs and vampires do???? What the HELL is wrong with you? I have never seen such an extremely RUDE comment posted on the forums... Who are you to judge what others think? There is a HUGE community disappointed that they can not have HYBRIDS in supernatural? JUST ***** WOW!!!
  • RBenthienRBenthien Posts: 516 New Member
    edited September 2012
    .. seems people are a bit touchy.. I didn't really mean any offense.. I just don't get the logic behind it.. that's all. An apple is an apple.. it cannot be a banana as well, a "banapple". We know the limitations of this game.

P.S. xtine1012.. no offense but your reply was no better than my original comment!!
  • KaelKael Posts: 2,197 Member
    edited September 2012
    I dont see how something that was covered in the first live chat and many many many many times thereafter by multiple gurus, devs, reps etc. can be a disappointment when it was never even an option and we were told literally dozens of times that it would not be possible. If ou really want it so bad there are mods for it as well as just producing glitches in your game through cheats to make it happen.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,946 Member
    edited September 2012
    I think that would be nice to have a hybrid sim that can be multiclass, but Sims 3 is not setup for that and it is not a game breaker for me and I am not disappointed. We all want this and we all wish it could be that but I am quite sure like one poster had posted there may be a mod for that wish.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • meikahidenorimeikahidenori Posts: 276 Member
    edited September 2012
    actully the game has always been a 50- 50 chance one way or another, long before supernatural. you always had 50% chance of ghost babies, vampires, imaginary friends, and genies. they only time you could get hybrids was if you had a serious glitch, or your vampire sim was resurrected as a ghost (even then they where a new ghost type so not a true hybrid). I don't think they would be starting to make them now for any reason at all, especially since the game has enough issues as it is with so many different computers trying to run a game that had set specs without having small and minor hickup to major meltdown problems. in one way i'm kinda glad there's no hybrids other than zombies (who also aren't technically hybrids of a creature, those creatures are all zombies if they are turned as they do not act in any such way to say they are the latter species.) because then we'd have all these threads about supernaturals not getting the powers we wanted them too, or huge game crashes and glitches in the games main codeing. what the sims team try to do is make a game we can play however we want, however there's also going to be limitations to what they can actually allow us to do via programming that won't cause us a game that refuses to play. when you've actully done programming for games, websites ect yourself you realize there's alot of things that are not possible to do just yet. please don't be upset over something so very minor that hasn't actually existed in the game since the beginning, but be happy they've actually given you something that works to the best of their abilities... cause no matter how much you beta test something, things still always go wrong as users do things that the designers never thought of that cause issues with the final product.
    in the case of modifications that allow you to do these things, you have to remembered that the mod makers are adding extra coding on top of what already exists. (they don't have to play with the original code if they do not wish to) and as much as they can be helpful (i use them on occasion) they can also create bigger problems, so it will always be a mixed-bag.
  • Trish1966Trish1966 Posts: 1,010 Member
    edited September 2012
    RBenthien, I understand your disappointment. Not all of us have the opportunity or the time to tune into every live chat or read all the transcripts. If you don't ask the question, how are you supposed to get an answer? :-)
  • motivatedsoupmotivatedsoup Posts: 29
    edited September 2012
    I wanted that too. I wanted to make a vampire/werewolf!
  • extraordinarlyextraordinarly Posts: 23
    edited September 2012
    I am wondering, is anyone else's game not allowing them to transform their sims into werewolves?! I hit the button, the action appears, then disappears!!! >:(
  • QiluneQilune Posts: 50 Member
    edited September 2012
    RBenthien wrote:
    .. seems people are a bit touchy.. I didn't really mean any offense.. I just don't get the logic behind it.. that's all. An apple is an apple.. it cannot be a banana as well, a "banapple". We know the limitations of this game.

P.S. xtine1012.. no offense but your reply was no better than my original comment!!

Some people wanted the "banapple" for their sims, or in our actual case, a Grape/Apple, or "Grapple" which is a real fruit! Genetics likes to take pieces from either parent, not just one or the other, so hybrids make sense in that way. Which reminds me of a story from Sims 2: I was playing Strangetown, the Smith family, and made a baby with Poll. Tech #9 and Jenny smith. I really wanted a green alien baby, but what I got was a dark brown baby and Jenny's skin was peach. I thought my game was broken until someone explained that Jenny's dad had the same color skin. It was just genetics popping up and appearing in his grandbaby.

Honestly, I would've liked to see hybrids for my supernaturals, like a witch and a fairy marriage creating a winged babysim who can cast witch spells, bloom the garden, live in a tiny fairy house, and have witch duels against her enemies! That would've been awesome.

And, y'know, there are other "hybrid" supernaturals in other stories, such as Remus Lupin from Harry Potter for example. Remus was a Human Wizard who got turned into a werewolf. In Underworld, Michael was a Vampire/Werewolf hybrid, too.

Anyway, just wanted to refute your logic (too narrow!), because when an apple meets a smexy banana, the two can combine to form a banapple. Or sometimes the apple had an ancestor who was an orange and the baby turns into an Oranbanaple.

:D:D:D:D:D
  • Mikki101Mikki101 Posts: 302 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I understand why they didn't incorporate hybrids in the game... Let's say you have a fairy and a werewolf. They have a baby, a fae x were. Then that hybrid has a baby with a vampire, and the child is a fae x were x vampire. THEN the child has a baby with a witch, and you get a hybrid of all 4. It's just not fair to be able to have a Sim with all of the powers of the game and it would just be way too complicated after a certain number of generations.
    edited September 2012
    RBenthien wrote:

My comment was after reading your rude comment. rudeness doesnt deserve anything but rudeness in return.
    edited September 2012

Some people wanted the "banapple" for their sims, or in our actual case, a Grape/Apple, or "Grapple" which is a real fruit! Genetics likes to take pieces from either parent, not just one or the other, so hybrids make sense in that way. Which reminds me of a story from Sims 2: I was playing Strangetown, the Smith family, and made a baby with Poll. Tech #9 and Jenny smith. I really wanted a green alien baby, but what I got was a dark brown baby and Jenny's skin was peach. I thought my game was broken until someone explained that Jenny's dad had the same color skin. It was just genetics popping up and appearing in his grandbaby.

Honestly, I would've liked to see hybrids for my supernaturals, like a witch and a fairy marriage creating a winged babysim who can cast witch spells, bloom the garden, live in a tiny fairy house, and have witch duels against her enemies! That would've been awesome.

And, y'know, there are other "hybrid" supernaturals in other stories, such as Remus Lupin from Harry Potter for example. Remus was a Human Wizard who got turned into a werewolf. In Underworld, Michael was a Vampire/Werewolf hybrid, too.

Anyway, just wanted to refute your logic (too narrow!), because when an apple meets a smexy banana, the two can combine to form a banapple. Or sometimes the apple had an ancestor who was an orange and the baby turns into an Oranbanaple.

Well since this isn't facebook so i cannot simply "like" your post (lol) I just wanted to say your comment was hilarious and true :D
  • brivenesbrivenes Posts: 588 Member
    edited September 2012
    Qilune wrote:
    RBenthien wrote:

LOL..thank you Qilune for making me laugh, i needed it. now i want an oranbanaple baby!!
  • fleshjennfleshjenn Posts: 4,919 Member
    edited September 2012
    I dont follow the live chat things so didnt know sims couldnt be more than one supernatural at a time. especially with the witches, I mean all it is, is a normal sim waiving a pointy stick around. I was really annoyed that my genie lost her much cooler powers when she drank a witches brew, it took alot of game play to be able to brew a potion to change her back into a genie. I think I was better off leaving her a genie Alchemist.
  • smartburnsmartburn Posts: 38 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I like pluots. Plums and apricots are perfectly good on their own too, but pluots are just as delicious. I happen to also be a big fan of broccoflower. It'd be nice if this interchangeability in the game that exists in real life was carried over into the new lifestates. I knew that it wouldn't so I'm not ******** about it, but still. ;)
  • smartburnsmartburn Posts: 38 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Oh come on, b.u.t.t.h.u.r.t is not a curse word for $@%^'s sake...
  • kwillagkwillag Posts: 277 Member
    edited September 2012
    Ghosts can be turned into werewolves by cursed bit.