Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Boots!

Not sure if this has been said yet or if I'm just a brilliant SOB, but can we please get a way to make the boots fit OVERTOP the tight pants.

THIS doesn't look good.

Miranda02.jpg

This character is from the game Mass Effect (Miranda Lawson) and she's supposed to be wearing thigh high boots that go over her pants. This is what I created trying not to use any CC. It would be great if only the thigh high boots went over those crazy tight pants.

In short, please please please give us the option to make the boots fit over the pants.

Thank you.

Comments

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited September 2012
    Yes! I totally agree.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited September 2012
    Agree x100. EA, I'm begging you: can we please have more high boots (for women AND men?)

The pants aren't the problem--I love the tuckable pants that don't go over boots. It's the BOOT MESH that's too close against the leg--it needs to stick out more. :(
  • MaulRat17MaulRat17 Posts: 903 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Also what about the larger boots that you get from the store? Like this one http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:23640&categoryId=&scategoryId=11772&pcategoryId=&ppcategoryId=&gender=female&startAt=180

The top part sticks out behind whatever pants your sim is wearing. I would love it if they fixed the mesh and gave us the option to put the boot under or over the pant.

We can't be the only people that see this as a problem right?
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited October 2012
    I have this issue as well.I have had it for well over 2 years now; I wish they would fix it.
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited October 2012
    If you are ok with cc, I'd recommend All About Style, the website has gorgeous boots, jeggings, and jeans with boots attatched. It's my favourite site but I'm on a cc ban... bad times :cry::lol:

edit: bad spelling. :roll:
  • gamerchick2566gamerchick2566 Posts: 76 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Agree it would look so much better :)
  • AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited October 2012
    YES! Boots that actually fit over tight pants and leggings would be FANTASTIC!!!
  • ciennasim1ciennasim1 Posts: 734 Member
    edited December 2012
    YES PLEASE!! That's exactly what I'm searching the Web for right now and ended up on the forum!! It's really bugging me that in order to see the whole boot I have to wear either short pants or skirts, which is no problem in the winter time but I really really want to be able to wear pants and have the option to have the boots over the pants!! I can't believe that EA would not allow us this option!!

**EDIT**
    Just found this on Mod The Sims. Not for outwear though! Only everyday items, but I can deal with that! Hopefully someone will make for outwear as well! Here is the link:

http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=431772&c=1
  • NaeRayNaeRay Posts: 297 New Member
    edited December 2012
    They are fine for ankle boots but we do need boots that go over the pants. I just use cc if I need to...
  • Eurostar1127Eurostar1127 Posts: 84 Member
    May not be related but I have created some pants in Studio. Does anyone know how to make the pants tuckable for shirts, thanks.
    Long blond haired slim androgynous looking bi boy from London UK.
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    edited December 2019
    May not be related but I have created some pants in Studio. Does anyone know how to make the pants tuckable for shirts, thanks.

Maybe you'd better ask in The Sims 4 Modding & Custom Content?

• candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I have problems with some of the boosts they don't act right with certain clothing maybe this is it.
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top