Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lunar Cycle Glitch?

Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
I have it set on 4 days and it is acting weird. It only gives a one day break in between each cycle and then its a full moon again. I set it to 6 days and it only stays for 3, which is better. I am still confused though and was wondering if anyone else was having this problem??
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• iclayaikensgirl0iclayaikensgirl0 Posts: 169 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Feel lucky. Even when it's not a full moon, it's always a full moon. I'll be on a quarter moon and my werewolf is still a werewolf and has a moodlet that says it's a full moon. He can't become human during the "full moon."
  • Skyte100Skyte100 Posts: 193
    edited September 2012
    Removing my custom content fixed both of your problems. But from what ive been reading not everyones getting the issues from CC or mods.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    edited September 2012
    iclayaikensgirl0 I'm sorry you are having that problem. I guess the lunar cycle is glitchy

Skyte100 I always remove my cc the first time I load a new ep up to make sure it runs okay. While I have added it back, the problem was there before I had an cc present. Thank you though.

• pinkknight06pinkknight06 Posts: 872 Member
    edited September 2012
    I think mines is weird to I had it set for 4 days every 2 days was a full moon, and now i have it set to I think 6 and it tells me the full moon is in one day but that day comes and it another phase thats no the full moon.
  • grumblingbellygrumblingbelly Posts: 2
    edited September 2012
    There is a glitch, I have mine set to 10 and it now says a full moon in 4 days.

It seems that if you are having a full moon on back to back nights try this

1. Set the length to max...10 days. It will only go to about 4-5 days, but still better than nothing.

2. Restart your game. This seems to have reset this glitch for me. I was slated to have a back to back full moon, but i just restarted the game and now have a full moon in 4 days.

Hope that helps. This zombie apocalypse is a way too much. Hope they get a fix in here soon.
  • LeeMortisLeeMortis Posts: 557 Member
    edited September 2012
    2. Restart your game. This seems to have reset this glitch for me. I was slated to have a back to back full moon, but i just restarted the game and now have a full moon in 4 days.

I think this, too, is a glitch/bug.

I had saved my game on the night of the full moon because I needed to eat before I played that exciting night for the first time. Shut down the game, and then when I reloaded the save I had 2 days left before the full moon... so it seems to reset the cycle when you reload the game?

Anyone else notice this? Or, rather, having this problem?
  • Nintendo277Nintendo277 Posts: 304 Member
    edited September 2012
    I have the same problem. My lunar cycle is set to six day, but it's a full moon every night in the game! I see werewolves and zombies all day and night.
    Origin ID: Ogregames64
  • LoveBipolarLoveBipolar Posts: 142 New Member
    edited September 2012
    LeeMortis wrote:

I had saved my game on the night of the full moon because I needed to eat before I played that exciting night for the first time. Shut down the game, and then when I reloaded the save I had 2 days left before the full moon... so it seems to reset the cycle when you reload the game?

This! I saved a few hours before the first full moon and during my next play, suddenly I was five days away from the full moon. :shock: I was bummed.
  • yoursharona34yoursharona34 Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited September 2012
    What I don't understand is how can there be such a glitch like this. Obviously the developers have tested the game....?!?!?

I am not even patching or installing my game until I see that there is a fix for zombies. And why would they not allow us to control zombie population!?? That seems pretty absurd to me... and selfish of them, so they are forcing us to buy the peashooters or just wanting to make everyone angry. What? :shock:
  • NeyaQueenofBaconNeyaQueenofBacon Posts: 341 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Feel lucky. Even when it's not a full moon, it's always a full moon. I'll be on a quarter moon and my werewolf is still a werewolf and has a moodlet that says it's a full moon. He can't become human during the "full moon."
    I have that same issue. My werewolf will be a wolf for a full week before the "Feral Change" debuff wears off. Sometimes my full moon is the next day and zombies always act like its a full moon. They are constantly popping out of the ground like daisies. At all times of the day.
  • UsagiToraUsagiTora Posts: 2
    edited September 2012
    There's definintely a glitch to the cycle, as every time I've reloaded it's reset back to the beginning of the cycle. However, the full moon happening on day three of a six day cycle isn't actually a glitch. Six days is the amount of time it takes the moon to RETURN to new status, so a full moon would happen halfway through. It took the third time of that happening for me to realise that's what it was.
  • AugustRose86AugustRose86 Posts: 122
    edited September 2012
    LeeMortis wrote:

I've been having the same problem too. Twice I've saved my game the day of or the night before a full moon. When I went back to play the game it said the next full moon was 2 days away. :?
  • ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited September 2012
    Are any of you with this problem NOT using any mods? I ask because I was having this issue as well, and I thought I had narrowed it down to one of the mods I was using, but now I'm not so sure. I tested last night in a mod-free game and my Lunar Cycle once again reset back to the waxing crescent. I have not had any issue with any recurrent full moons or with zombies appearing when they shouldn't.

Those of you NOT playing with mods and having this problem should report it to crinrict's bug thread that is stickied on the first page.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • MGSFan612MGSFan612 Posts: 3,429 Member
    edited September 2012
    I tested last night in a mod-free game and my Lunar Cycle once again reset back to the waxing crescent.

So the moon phase reseting isn't caused by mods?
  • ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited September 2012
    MGSFan612 wrote:
    I tested last night in a mod-free game and my Lunar Cycle once again reset back to the waxing crescent.

So the moon phase reseting isn't caused by mods?

I'm not 100% sure, lol. I haven't had a chance to test enough to be sure. Like I said, I tested the last time with no mods, but it wasn't an entirely new save, so it could have still been broken.

That's why I asked if anybody with the problem does not use mods at all. That would really help narrow it down. I would test more myself but I have a limited amount of play time due to having a 9 month old baby.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • mofursmofurs Posts: 87 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I don't have any mods installed other than content from the Sims 3 store and I have this problem.
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited September 2012
    Are any of you with this problem NOT using any mods? I ask because I was having this issue as well, and I thought I had narrowed it down to one of the mods I was using, but now I'm not so sure. I tested last night in a mod-free game and my Lunar Cycle once again reset back to the waxing crescent. I have not had any issue with any recurrent full moons or with zombies appearing when they shouldn't.

Those of you NOT playing with mods and having this problem should report it to crinrict's bug thread that is stickied on the first page.

My game is completely free of mods and CC, (and I've never used any). Just store content. My issue is just that the moon phase keeps resetting. It never stays to what I've saved it on. Also, the length of the cycle does not register correctly, as others have mentioned. I have mine set to 10 days and I still get a full moon around every 5 days or so (but it's hard to tell because of the resetting bug). In any case, it definitely does not function correctly. I checked the bug thread and saw that this has been reported. Since even players without mods are experiencing general wonkiness with the lunar cycle, it's clear that it's EA's issue. So here's hoping that they fix it soon.

I do love this EP, but honestly looking at all of this has me a little worried for Seasons. If the changes that we make to the lunar cycle aren't sticking and the moon phase doesn't save, what will it be like when seasons are thrown into the mix? :?
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • HaneyHaney Posts: 5 New Member
    edited September 2012
    My game is on full moon every moment (I've set the cycle to 10 days). Doesn't matter where it's day or night, zombies are emerging from the ground as and when they feel like it. :lol:
  • babyblixbabyblix Posts: 35 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I don't have any mods and my game thinks its always full moon, zombies and werewolves galore. I really want a fix for this because the game was so good until this glitch started!
  • Bonkers234Bonkers234 Posts: 5
    edited September 2012
    Ok, I know that Twallans Overwatch mod fixes the lunar cycle not working, but Im getting the same problem with the moon resetting ??

EDIT: I know how to fix the lunar cycle resetting, not really a fix but you know, Well everytime you log off remember what moon you were on, then before you go into your game go into the options and make it the moon it was on the one when you can make it the same one for ever, then go into your game and it should have the cycle there, then go back to the lunar cycle on a loop, this should help :)
  • SimsprocfunSimsprocfun Posts: 1,499 Member
    edited September 2012
    I play mods and CC free game and I do confirm that moon cycle resets each time you restart the game, re-enter trough main menu or traveling. This is no CC issue.
    Besides that I have no issues in this expansion.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top