Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Scanning for ghosts on ghost hunting career

Hi,

Been searching the internet all day yesterday for help with this but yesterday I was playing my sims game and my sim is on ghost hunter level 8 and he scans for spirits etc.

So after scanning it comes up on the job tracker as the ghost has been found and i need to evict it...

Only problem is i can't see them anymore they don't float around just no ghosts at all where as they used to float around and then you'd evict them!

Starting to really annoy me now as i just give up and go home as i can't see the ghosts :cry:

Any suggestions on fixes or what it may be - was thinking of reinstalling ambitions perhaps but didn't know if there was a simple fix or patch etc to fix these invisible ghosts!

Comments

• TarlocxTarlocx Posts: 47 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Same issue here but this happened AFTER installing Supernatural I'd say someone screwed up when codeing the controlable ghosts in the CAS and the ghosts get found but don't spawn my only problem is this makes it very hard to lern charisma skill cause I can't gain the permanent friends that the ghosts are.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    edited September 2012
    Same thing here, I need to evict 2 but none are there, I don't have Supernatural
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • AngelicHomicideAngelicHomicide Posts: 7
    edited September 2012
    I'm having the same problem as well. I've been searching for about a week for an answer to it, but nothing. I have removed my decensor mod, that did nothing, I have updated my game, again, nothing, and I don't have supernatural, so it's not that. i was playing on my desktop, which has a really crappy graphics card and was having some severe graphical issues there so I moved my save to my laptop and everything was fixed... Except that I still cannot see ghosts. Really hoping there's a solution to this found soon :(
  • ellax93ellax93 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I've been having this problem too. I don't have supernatural either so it must be a problem caused by the new update of the sims, it's the only answer really. let's just hope they sort it out in the next update!! :?
  • KuraganKuragan Posts: 3
    edited September 2012
    the same thing happened to me, my sims kept looking for ghost and I found the presence but not the ghost itself to evict it, I re-install my game and still the same thing happened, I removed all of my mods and nothing happened, I still don't see them! only the ghost sims at the graveyard... I hope they do something about it and patch it up asap! what a waste of money and time for playing this buggy game! :evil: :evil: :evil: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
  • EternitysShadowEternitysShadow Posts: 1,194 Member
    edited September 2012
    I encountered this when I played one of my old saves tonight. Very dissapointed :( I was really looking forward to playing a ghost hunter in moonlit falls...
  • mofursmofurs Posts: 87 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I have this bug too. I scan for ghosts, get credit for finding them, but there are no visible ghosts to evict.
  • MissTripsMissTrips Posts: 86 Member
    edited September 2012
    I have the same problem. Do the scan, get the find credit, but nothing appears to evict. I only have World Adventures, Ambitions and Pets for expanisons. It's gotten so if that's the available job, I just study some logic and call it a night.
    1cf96556-e72a-4628-a805-602355bf82a0_zps9cde3287.png
  • serenablondieserenablondie Posts: 134 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Has anyone found a fix for this? really annoyed me when I got to level 8 and had to switch careers :cry:
  • Kelbel23Kelbel23 Posts: 17
    edited September 2012
    I just chatted with an EA rep. He says they are working on this glitch and it will be resolved in the next 5-6 days.

The best thing we can do is complain, guys! Go to Help/Contact Us/Live Chat. The wait time isn't bad.
  • TerraKittenTerraKitten Posts: 3
    edited September 2012
    Thanks @Kelbel23 for saying that the EA reps are chattable and that complaining to the Help/Live Chat peeps is doable. I wasn't aware. It is also good news that they are trying to resolve the glitch asap. I was getting frustrated and tired of this error in my game, especially since it was a fresh purchase.
  • LukeOmarAntonyGLukeOmarAntonyG Posts: 7
    edited September 2012
    THIS IS REALLY GETTING ME TICKKED OFF!!!
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited September 2012
    Amber2810 wrote:
    Hi,

Been searching the internet all day yesterday for help with this but yesterday I was playing my sims game and my sim is on ghost hunter level 8 and he scans for spirits etc.

So after scanning it comes up on the job tracker as the ghost has been found and i need to evict it...

Only problem is i can't see them anymore they don't float around just no ghosts at all where as they used to float around and then you'd evict them!

Starting to really annoy me now as i just give up and go home as i can't see the ghosts :cry:

Any suggestions on fixes or what it may be - was thinking of reinstalling ambitions perhaps but didn't know if there was a simple fix or patch etc to fix these invisible ghosts!

Amber2810,

I've been having the exact same problem you've been having, only I don't think they're invisible, I think they're not there at all. At first I thought it might just be the sim I was playing with, or hopefully my saved game file, but no. Unfortunately I did an experiment, and I determined it would be the same for any sim, I made into a ghost hunter. EA seriously needs to fix this, otherwise the Ghost hunting profession will remain after your sims progress far enough into it.
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited September 2012
    Amber2810,

The only bright side to all this is, the more people who encounter this bug, the more likely EA will be to fix it, and so far it looks like a lot of people, have encountered it.
  • Shelby235Shelby235 Posts: 10
    edited September 2012
    I've been having the exact same problem for my ghost hunter. I search the rooms and it says that it's gotten cold and a presence is felt nearby, but there's no ghost on the lot! Also, when I have a job for the 'Angry Ghost Invasion', if I click on it, the job just disappears like there was nothing there to begin with.

I'm really happy with the games I've gotten from EA despite the bugs that swarm around, but this one is really starting to agitate me. Please fix it soon EA.
  • HituroHituro Posts: 34
    edited September 2012
    EA said they were going to fix this last week, looks like it's going to take another 5-6 days? Ugh... I just don't want my Ghost hunter to lose their job and have to start all over again :/
  • kiwirazamatazkiwirazamataz Posts: 35 Member
    edited September 2012
    This is getting really annoying. How many times have I read ......"I'm having the same problem too". And guess what..... I'm having the same problem too!!
    :cry:

This is most certainly an EA bug (whats new) I play with no mods only EA EPs, SPs and store content.

I saw in an earlier post that EA were supposed to fix this in approx 5 - 6 days. Well its now been 5 - 6 days already. Way to go EA!!! You're really inspiring me to keep playing the game and more importantly BUYING MORE EXPANSIONS etc.

Please EA do something about it NOW and not in 5 - 6 days time. There are so many fans here that want to play this game but can't. And just a reminder, us little people pay your salary.

Ok rant over and done with, I'm just gonna wait for the update ..... *waiting* ....... *waiting* ......... *waiting* ..... ............ .............. ........
    :shock:

• xylobobxylobob Posts: 3
    edited September 2012
    Same here. Makes ghost hunting non playable as it stands.

I hope they fix it soon.
  • BublyRawrBublyRawr Posts: 1
    edited October 2012
    Have they tried to fix this bug yet? Because the same issue is happening for me and it's been about three weeks after they told that one person it would only take 5-6 days. s:
  • svlynsvlyn Posts: 4,409 Member
    edited October 2012
    I finally decided to make a ghost cause it just seemed to great thing job for the supernatural expansion and it is broken. Hopefully they will fix it soon becuase i think i alot of us have chosen Ghosthunting as a profession recently.
  • lilacwolflilacwolf Posts: 19
    edited October 2012
    Chatting with them now...just downloaded a patch and it still isn't fixed as I'm having this problem right now.
  • RawrImAPersonRawrImAPerson Posts: 17
    edited October 2012
    I just got this problem. :( Somebody said they were working on it, but I don't know. Does anybody have any idea's? Because I have scanned entire houses over and over again and the ghost show up on the Scanner, but after that they disappear and your left there. :?: :evil: :evil:
  • Honeyrl98Honeyrl98 Posts: 1
    edited October 2012
    Hi everyone!
    I had the same problem but I'm getting around it by just skipping the ones that you have to evict the ghost. I show up at the house and find the ghosts but then just go home. The next night you will have new jobs and more than likely you will not have that kind of job. You don't get in trouble at work this way and can keep moving up the career. Hopefully it gets fixed soon but this is a small way to avoid it for now.
  • ClloggiClloggi Posts: 1
    edited October 2012
    I reached the top of Ghost Hunting but it was by skipping the Ghost presence jobs. I would just do invasions and poltergeist and scanning for spirits through out the town. But I would have rather done it by evicting ghost also, feel I have been cheated of that...oh well.
  • Lupus777Lupus777 Posts: 10
    edited October 2012
    Clloggi wrote:
    But I would have rather done it by evicting ghost also, feel I have been cheated of that...oh well.

I've been cheated... oh well.... That was my attitude at first as well. And that's exactly why EA will never fix this bug. Or if they do, it won't be for months after Seasons is released. EA doesn't care. Why would they? They know we'll take whatever they give us, be it broken or bugged. We line up like dirty street urchins with our wooden bowls and dare not ask for more. We just take their slop and shuffle off. I can't decide who I despise more... us or them.