Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Alchemy shop is no longer working.

I imagine I'm not the only person having this issue, but I can't seem to find an answer. My alchemy shop is no longer working. When I attempt to consign or buy it just drops out of the queue. I can't even use the alchemist lab in the shop. I haven't tried the gem cutting machine, so don't know if that is not working or not.

I canceled the items my Sim already had up for consignment. I've tried bulldozing the shop and setting down a new one. I deleted the cash register and put down a new one. I reset the consignment clerk. Still nothing is working.

It's very frustrating when my Sim is in the alchemy career and can't sell her elixirs.

Does anyone know of a solution to this problem?

Comments

• Cat1momCat1mom Posts: 189 Member
    edited September 2012
    Is there anyone that can help?
    edited September 2012
    Very frustrated with this glitch! :cry:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited September 2012
    If it is anything like the regular consignment shop try this. Did you put anything up for consignment? Sometime an item won't sell, and when it does not, then you won't be able to do anything (buy or sell). If that is the case you will need to cancel your consignment.
  • TomkatTomkat Posts: 86 Member
    edited September 2012
    I also have the consignment issue.

Just a question on the above answer.. how do you cancel the consignment if all the actions with the store clerk/till drop out?
  • LovelyNoleLovelyNole Posts: 7 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I had the same issue, i notice it happened right after i used my life time reward points to buy wandless magic.. Perhaps did the same thing happen to you?
  • Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited September 2012
    Do you have any seeds in your inventory? If so remove them.
  • AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited September 2012
    Bronwin2 wrote:
    This. ^^ What a strange glitch but apparently it's true.
  • NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited September 2012
    LaBlue0314 wrote:
    If it is anything like the regular consignment shop try this. Did you put anything up for consignment? Sometime an item won't sell, and when it does not, then you won't be able to do anything (buy or sell). If that is the case you will need to cancel your consignment.

The items that don't sell go back are returned back to you. As for certain objects, that is true. You cannot sell everything.
    edited September 2012
    As stated in my original post, I had canceled all the items I had on consignment. That didn't help. That had worked for the regular consignment store, so I tried that first.

Maybe it is a glitch with the Lifetime Happiness points since I did use the Magical Hands reward. Is there a way to go back to using a wand? I don't see any way to do that.

I do have some seeds in my inventory, but not Special seeds. I try to plant those as soon as possible. I know they can interfere with actions at the grocery store.

Thanks everyone for you input. :D I hope the fix this soon.
  • GreedyChickGreedyChick Posts: 432
    edited September 2012
    remove all seeds from your sims backpack , this worked for my sim :D
  • DekrRiniDekrRini Posts: 416 Member
    edited September 2012
    My werewolf has become a level 10 alchemist and I didn't sell any of his elixirs on consignment. I simply sold them from the inventory. I got plenty of reward points without fullfilling those particular wishes. It may not work for you, though.
  • Irmamussen4Irmamussen4 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited September 2012
    My shop dosent work either. :(
  • SimsAddiction968SimsAddiction968 Posts: 1,218 Member
    edited September 2012
    AmaraRena wrote:
    Bronwin2 wrote:
    This. ^^ What a strange glitch but apparently it's true.

Happened to both my sister and I...
    HI! My name is SimsAddiction968
    I discovered Sims 1 summer 2001 when my youngest was 1 yr old.
    I bought all Eps & Sps for Sims 2 as they were released.
    I even bought Sims games for our consoles and handhelds.
    I have bought all Sims 3 Eps & Sps as the were released.
    I have held my grandson while playing. He is now 5 and plays FreePlay.
    I have pre ordered Sims 4. I have the Sims 2 mouse and waiting on Sims 4 mouse.
    I have a Freezer Bunny tattoo and a bracelet tattoo of the Sims 2 aspirations.

YES! I am addicted to The Sims no matter the form.
  • SpiderCrowWolfSpiderCrowWolf Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited September 2012
    If you're not adverse to using Mods, according to the bug section Twallan's Overwatch, V73 or above will take care of the problem. I don't even have to remove my seeds and both the Elixir Shop and Consignment Store are fixed. Also Bonehilda is no longer obsessed with children and pets.
    edited September 2012
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions on how to fix this. I will try taking all seeds out of inventory and see if that has an effect.

I'm not one for using mods, but out of frustration, I attempted Twallan's but never was able to figure out how to install it.

@DekrRini, thank you for the advice!! I did gain 2 levels that way, but I would make more money with the consignment store working.

It just frustrates me that so many things don't work right with this game!!
    edited September 2012
    I took all the seeds out of all my sims inventories and the shop still will not work. I don't know what else to do. I may have to just delete the whole town and start over. :cry:
  • LovelyNoleLovelyNole Posts: 7 New Member
    edited September 2012
    THE SEEDS!!!! AUGH! Thanks for the tip.. im gonna remove the seeds as well
  • Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    edited September 2012
    Cat1mom wrote:
    Very frustrated with this glitch! :cry:

I had earlier posted a thread about this,
    CuddlyBun wrote:
    You can sell the potions in the sim's personal inventory and that counts toward funds earned.

I got some helpful tip!

EDIT: I forgot lol.. Only helpful if it has to do with the 'Alchemist' job exspiriance... lol...
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Hana_BorealisHana_Borealis Posts: 347 New Member
    edited September 2012
    /throws up hands

Tried getting rid of seeds. No bueno. So frustrated. Why can't EA ever put out a game that doesn't make me feel stupid for believing it won't glitch.....
  • Trish1966Trish1966 Posts: 1,010 Member
    edited September 2012
    Speaking of the alchemy shop, I can't even get anyone to work there. I've got Twallan's MC, Overwatch, Error Trap, Register and Consigner mods. Any ideas how I can get someone to show up for work? Thanks!
  • LittleMuddyPawsLittleMuddyPaws Posts: 135 Member
    edited September 2012
    I have a similar problem with the regular consignment shop. It will drop the action our of the queue if the game is paused (or even just barely unpaused), but not if I choose it while the game is running. Was your game on pause? If so, try giving it 5 seconds real time before attempting to stick the action in the queue. I usually cause my sim to take more time to get there so I have enough time to slip it in to their queue and have it blend seamlessly into what they were doing.

I hope this helps. But it could be the seeds, or mods, or PC items, or...

Good luck and let us know what you figure out.
  • Hana_BorealisHana_Borealis Posts: 347 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Took everything out of my inventory except for the elixers. Clearly not the issue...:/. Anyone else try something?
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    edited September 2012
    For those that do use Twallan's mods, do you have the very latest edition? He updates them very frequently, sometimes twice in a day. I've had to update those I use several times since the game came out. HTH

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • GurlGamer05GurlGamer05 Posts: 336 Member
    edited September 2012
    Mine isn't working either :(
  • Trish1966Trish1966 Posts: 1,010 Member
    edited September 2012
    I'm going to check my mods to see if they need updating. I had my sim stand in the shop for about 5 real life minutes. No one showed up. Well, a lot of people were in there, but no one was working the register. When I clicked on it, browse was kind of shaded out and when I hovered over it, it said "store closed". I'll try cleaning out my inventory next time to see if that works. Thanks for the suggestion!