Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please Help Us Gurus! *Exception Raised Error and Game Crashes*

Comments

• mitsuhoneymitsuhoney Posts: 1,000 New Member
    edited August 2012
    cutie9676 wrote:
    If you notice ea on the new help forum comments on everyone else but our new mac thread they commented on other threads that were put out on the same day or that were new but they just won't touch the problem with a 50 foot pole or anything i mean come on say something like we are trying to look into the problem or we need to gather more info about this problem and be patience. But it's hard when it's been almost 2 years and they say nothing and don't even acknowledge the problem and just ignore us! I want season so bad but i'm afraid i'm gonna be wasting money on a game that won't work. Anyone else feel the same way?

Same! :( I really want Supernatural and Seasons but why spend the money when it might not work on my computer?

This is completely frustrating. Apparently, if you move your "Electronic Arts" folder to the Desktop, un-install and re-install ALL OF THE games you own, then replace the newly made "Electronic Arts" folder with the one on your Desktop, that should work? This is the only solution I have yet to try since I dont have all the games with me, they are back home. Darn it. :(
  • jicknonasjicknonas Posts: 4
    edited August 2012
    So glad to know that this isn't happening to only me. I thought I'd fix this with reinstalling the game (knowing I was going to loose everything, but at the time I thought it was worth it) but now I'm facing another problem, the game launcher won't even appear/start now. This appears when I click on the game:

tumblr_m88nrx1N5Q1qma4qk.png

Is anyone else getting this too when reinstalling after the first problem? I'm like freaking out because I excited for Seasons and Supernatural but I doubt imma be able to play if this keeps happening.
  • DaiyuDaiyu Posts: 771 Member
    edited August 2012
    jicknonas wrote:
    So glad to know that this isn't happening to only me. I thought I'd fix this with reinstalling the game (knowing I was going to loose everything, but at the time I thought it was worth it) but now I'm facing another problem, the game launcher won't even appear/start now. This appears when I click on the game:

tumblr_m88nrx1N5Q1qma4qk.png

Is anyone else getting this too when reinstalling after the first problem? I'm like freaking out because I excited for Seasons and Supernatural but I doubt imma be able to play if this keeps happening.

This has also started happening to me, along with getting Exception Raised error regularly. All started when I installed the Katy Perry Sweet Treats stuff pack (took advantage of the 50% off deal that was available on GameTreeMac - digital download).

Although, I was getting Exception Raised error before I installed that stuff pack, it was not as frequent as it is now. A Noy Ing.

The unknown error thing is a pain in the ****. Somehow I fumbled around that by copying my sims folder to the desktop, deleting the sims preference folder (I really don't recommend this even though it seems to work!), letting the game generate a new preference folder and new game file, downloading, moving the downloads out of the downloads folder to desktop (or just into the save games download folder I already had put onto the desktop), quitting launcher, replacing the game folder with the original one and then firing it up and installing it that way... RIDICULOUS solution. Also peeps, I cannot emphasize this enough - please keep a backup of your store stuff on your computer separately, so you always have your own copy of it.

I think I will have to do ANOTHER reinstall... grrrrrr. :( Every time I install an EP or SP now I have to do that!? (It takes a whole freaking day AND reinstall all the store content - not cool).

Anyway, this post is really to add my voice to the already frustrated mac users on this forum. I really don't expect any help or a viable solution from EA - we're on our own folks. We have to suck it up and get on with it. (A little venting is okay...)

• knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    edited August 2012
    BUMP, i'm having this issue quite alot too recently and wish EA would look into this.
  • BeautyLavenderBeautyLavender Posts: 34
    edited August 2012
    I am so annoyed like this is ridiculous its been two years "Two" and they can't bother to fix this issue.. how much info do they need to fix it, are they even trying? We should all just post on different forums and link this whole topic in it ... they honestly can't be mad at us for trying this because they are clearly not attempting to do anything about this issue... Also why do they even bother saying that this game is playable for mac, because it ISNT!!! (End) :cry:
  • Simmer2009Simmer2009 Posts: 123 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I've been having this issue since December (when I got my Macbook Pro). It's ridiculous how little effort is being put in by EA to find a solution. All they seem to be interested in is making more money. I've always thought that EA customer support was bad, but this just takes the biscuit! :evil:
  • mattdude411mattdude411 Posts: 108 Member
    edited August 2012
    EA most likely will not fix it, just play the game and hope nothing will happen in your game. That's what I do, since all of my EA games have a wide range of glitches, from audio problems to crashes, and all of EA's developers, like DICE, Black Box, Criterion, all bought by EA, all have unfixed glitches since their releases.
  • Simmer2009Simmer2009 Posts: 123 New Member
    edited August 2012
    EA most likely will not fix it, just play the game and hope nothing will happen in your game. That's what I do, since all of my EA games have a wide range of glitches, from audio problems to crashes, and all of EA's developers, like DICE, Black Box, Criterion, all bought by EA, all have unfixed glitches since their releases.

I agree, but it seems like Mac users get the most problems (when it comes to Sims 3 anyway). I know a lot of people have said this, but what's the point in advertising it as a Mac compatible game if there are so many unfixed errors?! I'm not exaggerating when I say that every time I buy a new expansion I have to wait at least 3 months until I can actually play it, and even then the 'exception raised error' is still there! I'll keep playing, but it's the pain to keep saving every 5-10 minutes in fear of the **** thing crashing.
  • rosidbonrosidbon Posts: 184 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Just bumping this issue to keep it on the front page, in case any EA peeps drop by and decide to do something about it. Hah!
  • mitsuhoneymitsuhoney Posts: 1,000 New Member
    edited August 2012
    This is so unbelievable, now I have this appearing, 🐸🐸🐸🐸! Get your crap together EA! :evil:

ScreenShot2012-08-13at93553PM-1.jpg
  • PispirispisPispirispis Posts: 8
    edited August 2012
    i'm having the same issue.... I hate this problem, I want EA to fix it, I've been wothout play sims 3 like 2 MONTHS I changed my pc for a mac among other things also to play sims 3 and then it doesn't work....
    I'm so frustrated
  • rosidbonrosidbon Posts: 184 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Bump again.
  • amys90amys90 Posts: 1
    edited September 2012
    I'd just like to add to the thread to say I'M ANOTHER VICTIM OF THIS STUPID MESSAGE!

I'm so annoyed, I just want to play! I manage to load up to the screen where you choose your town then as it's loading it cuts out, goes to black and up pop the "Exception Raised' error message.

I've tried all the options I've come across (deleting Caches, deleting contents of certian folders, deleting ALL my CC and reinstalling the game) but nothing has worked. :cry:

Does anyone know if it would work if I were to install a new expansion pack? I'm currently running TS3: Pets.

PLEASE EA SORT THIS OUT!
  • LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited September 2012
    It hasn't happened to me in ages until today and it's happened twice :(
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • caspinwallcaspinwall Posts: 916 Member
    edited September 2012
    It hasn't happened to me in ages until today and it's happened twice :(

Ditto. Haven't had this exception raised nonsense happen for so long, I can't even remember the last time. Today, several incidents. Very irritating.
    GeneralSig_SF_03.png
  • cutie9676cutie9676 Posts: 135 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Ok i'm back AGAIN! I updated hoping it would help, while F*** me! i can't even get pass the loading screen this is making me SO MAD AND ANGRY EA I'M DONE I'M DONE AND HOPE YOU LOSE SO MANY MAC PEOPLE AND MONEY FROM THIS THAT IT MAKE YOU THINK TWICE ABOUT RELEASING MORE CRAP AND NOT FIXING OLD PROBLEMS. I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE THAT THEY HAVEN'T FIXED THIS. IT'S BEEN 3 WHOLE FREAKIN YEARS!!!!!!!!!
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    edited September 2012
    I'm seriously considering getting a PC just for the Sims so that I know it'll work. I know the PC version probably has issues, too, but I hear it runs better on that. I'm glad I saw this because I to am getting the same error. It worked fine until I got the generations pack. I don't want to quick playing the Sims because I love it too much. I am just thinking about doing it on a different computer. We do have a PC, but my Mom uses it for work. So, I don't want to have that computer get too overloaded with the Sims. Plus, I think my Mac might be getting a little old for them. So, it would be nice knowing I had a brand new computer to run it on.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • DrugAddictedNunDrugAddictedNun Posts: 23
    edited September 2012
    I'm getting it too, maybe if EA stopped pumping out overpriced ****** neighbourhoods they would have more time to fix the countless problems with this game.
  • cutie9676cutie9676 Posts: 135 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Everytime i try to play my game i get more and more mad! and sad i just feel upset that the greatest gift i ever got doesn't work. I mean put yourself in my postion you have been sick since your 12 and your 15 and someone tells you, u can get a dreams come true wish. You get the chance to get anything you want! Well being a sim addict of course i'm gonna want the best mac there is! and my favorite game to go with it since it says it play on MACS!!!!!!!! I just get extremely sad it makes me want to cry now that this wonderful gift these great people have given to me doesn't work. It just sucks you know!
  • elsahaelsaha Posts: 2
    edited September 2012
    I had time problem start up a while ago, but it was only after a couple of hours playing the game, so I just saved a lot. And then I thought it was gone... Just got a bunch of stuff packs and the Supernatural expansion, get them all loaded, and now I get this error when trying to open the launcher. This is stupid, I've spent hundreds on this game and I can't even play it!
  • DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,761 Member
    edited September 2012
    I'm getting the error message again. I'm hoping it will fix itself like it did before, but...

I thought maybe it was because I avoided the latest update which I'm downloading now. So we'll see.
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • dorendia122dorendia122 Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited September 2012
    I used to get this all the time but since patch 1.38 I haven't gotten it now I get the usual freezing that causes me to close the game -__- I've always had the problem since Pets came out. Ever since the Pets patch and game came out my game has been more buggy. But lately I haven't had many problems. I really hope EA fixes this soon because they'll be loosing almost all of their Mac players!!!

'13 inch 2010 Macbook Pro
    320M 256GB Nividia GeForce 4 GB
    2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

I haven't had much problems so maybe I'm one of the few blessed Macbook players
    Gmmov8T.gif
  • xxringosucksxxxxringosucksxx Posts: 2
    edited October 2012
    Unhandled exception 0x80000003 at address 0x96e33a36.
    Do you wish to debug it ?
    is what i get and i cant even open the game pls someone help i bought the game and cant even play it
  • jazzy8192jazzy8192 Posts: 22
    edited October 2012
    ive been getting the same error as well. Im thinking its because I started downloading custom content AND since ive expanded my sim family. Hope their can be a fix soon. I just try to save my game as much as a I can't if any sudden errors expect to pop up but its annoying lol.
  • FrancoHSDFrancoHSD Posts: 10 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Famousced wrote:
    This happened to me twice in Create-A-Sim
    :cry:

Exactly the same problem. Every time I enter create-a-sim mode then the game does this and I lose hours of gameplay... Suggestion to the creators; Why not create an Auto-Save option in The Sims 3? This way the game can save every 10-15 min and we won't have this problem of losing hours of gameplay. I can't think about saving when playing! Please fix this problem ASAP!