Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just a few ideas!

Comments

• NeashaleighNeashaleigh Posts: 760 Member
    edited August 2012
    I'm not bumping this thread. No really! I'm not. It just looks that way.... >.>
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
  • Urosh1994Urosh1994 Posts: 2,425 Member
    edited August 2012
    Edit: Apologies. Posted in the wrong thread! :(
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • CharonicusCharonicus Posts: 16
    edited August 2012
    Leaving aside all the bugs and thinking only about new features...

The ability to choose the form of surname when getting married. Take husband's name, take wife's name, retain own names, double barrel surname (wife first), double barrel surname (husband first). :)

The ability to be known by just one name (fun for celeb sims) or even acquire a pseudonym upon becoming a celeb.

Religions/faiths. A multifaith place of worship rabbithole with different prayer times per faith maybe. Priests/rabbis/the equivalent for other faiths such as Islam, Hindu, Sikh, Jainism, Buddhism... even Scientology just for lulz. Religious trait. Pray at home option. Make a pilgrimage to Mecca (sends sim away like the free parent holiday in Generations only without wiping all their locked wishes this time, huh?). Coming of age parties (Bar Mitzvah for the Jewish, equivalent if any other religions have them). Attend church on Sunday morning for the Christians. Confession. Sims with a shared faith becomes friends more easily. Agnostics, Athiests. Man this could be a whole expansion pack on its own, really. O_O
    edited September 2012
    Thanks for commenting. I'll add your ideas to the front :)
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
  • Elphaba_711Elphaba_711 Posts: 37 Member
    edited September 2012
    Sorry if these have already been posted :mrgreen:

*Bikes with the child seat attached to the back
    *Custom sized lots
    *Alarm clocks that you can actually set the time for
    *Custom locks on doors (for example you can choose individual sims in the household who can go through certain doors.)
    *Allowing sims who are in boarding school to come home for the weekend.
    *The ability to set hair per outfit without having to change clothes and then go back to the mirror

I have more but my mind has gone blank at the moment. :roll:
  • Urosh1994Urosh1994 Posts: 2,425 Member
    edited September 2012
    Vacuum cleaners - they would be AWESOME. Possibly added in form of Store premium content.

We could have our housewives clean the room and whoever gets in the room in next 10-20h they would get "Scent Of The Clean" moodlet which gives about +10 or +20. Just something fun for us to do in game to add more realism :)
    edited September 2012
    Oh, and a share of the household funds when you move out, I'm tired of my teenager living at home, working and getting promotions, but when they move out they have no household funds it should be a percentage of the household funds
  • NekochildNekochild Posts: 30
    edited September 2012
    A few more for the Child's section.

Children are able to learn, and work on, the Gardening Skill.

Children are able to get the mail.

Children are able to use the Alchemy Table (They can use the Chemistry Lab after all!)

Children don't have a limit on how far they can develop skills. They can Master them all if effort is put into them.

EDIT: Oh, and Children are able to learn the Martial Arts skill.
    edited September 2012
    The option to drive a date home at the end of it.
    edited September 2012
    Ooh some great ideas :) Thanks guys/gals. I'll post them up soon x
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
    edited September 2012
    Bump.
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
  • MEGAN1107MEGAN1107 Posts: 144 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I'd like to see a vacations expansion pack. Something different then the normal vacation though. Safari's in Africa, Moutain Climbing and Skiing, Scuba Diving, Cruise Ships, Amusement Parks (like Disney). The Safari's would bring in more animals so people could also create zoos which would be cool.

I'd also like to see more sport actions. I'd like it to be more organized sports where a group of sims can play basketball, baseball, hockey, football, volleyball, tennis, or gymnastics.

Some other things I'd like are a barstool height dining room table, and the ablity to build a breakfast bar, more options for pool play (ie slide, basketball hoop in pool, beach ball, marco polo, hold your breath contest, etc.)
    edited September 2012
    MEGAN1107 wrote:
    I'd like to see a vacations expansion pack. Something different then the normal vacation though. Safari's in Africa, Moutain Climbing and Skiing, Scuba Diving, Cruise Ships, Amusement Parks (like Disney). The Safari's would bring in more animals so people could also create zoos which would be cool.

I'd also like to see more sport actions. I'd like it to be more organized sports where a group of sims can play basketball, baseball, hockey, football, volleyball, tennis, or gymnastics.

Some other things I'd like are a barstool height dining room table, and the ablity to build a breakfast bar, more options for pool play (ie slide, basketball hoop in pool, beach ball, marco polo, hold your breath contest, etc.)

Thanks for posting your ideas :D
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
    edited October 2012
    My ideas have slowed down a little, but still interested in other people's ideas.
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited October 2012
    I'd love to see gothic stained glass windows in the game! :D
    edited October 2012
    Ooh yes. Not like the yucky ones we already have, but really nice ones with beautiful colours and pictures.
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
  • Babsie14Babsie14 Posts: 116 Member
    edited October 2012
    I have one simple request...With the next update, may we have an actual bartender tending the bars in ALL the towns instead of just Bridgeport. In Moonlight Falls my Sims keep getting the opportunity to order a drink at the bar but there isn't anyone to serve them. Clicking on the bar only allows my Sims to make quick drinks. I've got three celebrity Sims with this opportunity and no way to fullfill it.
    edited October 2012
    Babsie14 wrote:
    I have one simple request...With the next update, may we have an actual bartender tending the bars in ALL the towns instead of just Bridgeport. In Moonlight Falls my Sims keep getting the opportunity to order a drink at the bar but there isn't anyone to serve them. Clicking on the bar only allows my Sims to make quick drinks. I've got three celebrity Sims with this opportunity and no way to fullfill it.

That's strange. I have bartenders tending my bars, and I never play in Bridgeport. Could be a glitch maybe?
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
  • htairchix3htairchix3 Posts: 875 Member
    edited October 2012
    :lol: Just replace the small bars to the large bar. Then the bartenders will come and work there. :D:lol:
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited October 2012
    I think it has to be a bar with 'professional' in the name. These are the mixology bars that came with Late Night. I think the others are just juice bars. I replace most of the juice bars with professional bars.

I think it would be nice if they were all updated to professional bars... actually no, because I like having a juice bar at the gym. But I think it would be nice to get another style or two, even with re-colouring, I'm sick of the two options. A glass or see-through one would be nice!
    edited November 2012
    I think it has to be a bar with 'professional' in the name. These are the mixology bars that came with Late Night. I think the others are just juice bars. I replace most of the juice bars with professional bars.

I think it would be nice if they were all updated to professional bars... actually no, because I like having a juice bar at the gym. But I think it would be nice to get another style or two, even with re-colouring, I'm sick of the two options. A glass or see-through one would be nice!

Maybe there'll be a see-through bar with Seasons....

Although it'll probably be just a juice bar :/
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
    edited November 2012
    I just had a wish that my Simmy could paint a family portrait. That'd be so nice.
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
    edited November 2012
    Beach Ball!
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
  • GiadaWizeGiadaWize Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    These are really good suggestions, very well thought-out.
    There's so many things on this list I've been waiting to see in future expansion/stuff packs.
    There's one thing in particular that I've always wanted in the game that kinda stands out from the rest, and that would be a pregnancy slider..kinda like the age sliders, so each simmer can choose how long their sim stays pregnant (2-9 days, whatever).
    For me, three days is sometimes just too soon for another sim to be born into the family.
    And then of course come the more obvious things that come with pregnancy, such as actually GETTING medical advice from the hospital when the option is available, instead of just apparently donating §200 to the hospital lol. -.-
    Features like pregnant sims being able to take health classes (either alone or with their partners), moodlet buffs, besides the backaches and the initial one they get from being pregnant, would be pretty sweet, too.
    Buffs like Morning Sickness, Mood Swings (both positive and negative), and a Craving buff could be added, alongside the already present craving wish (the Craving buff would go away once the craving wish is fulfilled).

Oh, and one more thing that really shouldn't even have to be mentioned lol..remember how in Sims 2, your sim had the "Hand Baby To" interaction with another sim?
    Well, in Sims 3, there's no interaction for directly handing the baby to someone else..when your sim couple comes back from the hospital with their newborn, they both are most likely gonna have the same wish where they want to snuggle their new child..it just looks so ridiculous to have the first sim put the baby in the crib just so the second sim can pick them up, or, even worse, to set them on the floor lol.

This concludes my rant (for now). :D
    I really hope to see all of these things added to the game.
    edited November 2012
    I totally agree, GiadaWize! I personally feel there should be a LOT more options for pregnancy, babies and toddlers. It's like EA just skimmed over that part, which is a real shame.
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery