Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HELP!!! SIMS 3 supernatural crashing crashing crashing

my game crashing even before it reaches the main menu...:( HELP!!

Comments

• eatinglikeasim3012eatinglikeasim3012 Posts: 484 New Member
    edited September 2012
    What mods do you have?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited September 2012
    Do you have any mods? That sounds like a mod problem to me. If so move the folder to your desktop and that should fix the issue.
  • simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited September 2012
    Yes, if you have any 'important' mods, such as Twallen's, they need to be updated.
  • MAnatomyMAnatomy Posts: 460 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I am crashing ever since i installed syper natural as well. :( except i crash as i am exiting/saving the game....it gets about halfway saved then POP screen goes black and immediatly closes saying "sims 3 has stoppd responding" bull crap.it sucks becaude i will have edited/design my sims and the lots and it all goes to ******* waste.

Edit: i dont have any mods
  • HarmonysimsHarmonysims Posts: 1,700 New Member
    edited September 2012
    i removed all twallen mods but still crashing... what about pose players? Should i remove too?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited September 2012
    i removed all twallen mods but still crashing... what about pose players? Should i remove too?

I would.
  • Pixylady10Pixylady10 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I have no mods and my game crashes when I try to plan an outfit in game. Anyone else having this problem?
  • HEBerubeHEBerube Posts: 4 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Frustrated with crashes. I have no mods. Uninstalled and re-installed Supernatural.
    Fixed DEP settings to turn it off for the Sims 3. I get a little bit of playing time and then black out screen and crash. Love the Sims and wish this wasn't always such a challenge whenever a new EP comes out.
  • nikkirae1234nikkirae1234 Posts: 1
    edited September 2012
    The same thing is going on with mine, UGH! No Mods here just plane old game. I also just had my computer re-done so I had to reinstall all the games they ran fine then SN makes it crash. I am also getting the stopped responding crap.
  • morgy605morgy605 Posts: 9
    edited September 2012
    I have never had this much problems from the sims 3 on my laptop before loading supernatural, other than the run of the mill random lags but that was mostly fixed by resetting the town every so often. But of course I had to transfer my purchases from steam to origin. I did a clean install with the downloads from origin. I updated the mastercontroller and overwatch mods of twallan. And I have issues with the game freezing and crashing in the create-a-household for starting a new game. And if I can somehow manage to make it through fast enough, then I have to make sure I save a lot because the game will crash at random moments. And I had never ever ever since I started playing sims 3 when it came gotten a save error 12 before until supernatural :(
    I even got rid of the mods to see if that was a problem, there was no difference. And I am not looking forward to uninstalling everything to reinstall it all again because it is all digital downloads.
  • KayParfaitKayParfait Posts: 436 Member
    edited September 2012
    Sounds like everyone crashing might be better off posting under Technical Discussion (if mods/DEP are not the issue), you will have to post a dxdiag report there and hopefully you'll receive better responses.

Edit: Every time you update your game via Expansion, Stuff Pack, or through Patching, you should always drag your "The Sims 3" folder to the desktop and start up the game. This way you can test a vanilla game and see if you have any problems. If you don't you can slowly add back in your mods, CC, etc. Whenever you add in or remove any mod/CC it is customary to delete the CASPartCache, compositorCache, scriptCache, simCompositorCache, and socialCache files in your Sims 3 folder.
  • Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited September 2012
    Try to remove CC as well, remove everything that you have download. Adding DEP too, if it is the case. Or maybe it does not meet the requirement? Hope it works out for you soon.
  • tlc10175tlc10175 Posts: 2,550 Member
    edited September 2012
    KayParfait wrote:
    Sounds like everyone crashing might be better off posting under Technical Discussion (if mods/DEP are not the issue), you will have to post a dxdiag report there and hopefully you'll receive better responses.

crinrict has a sticky at the very top of this forum. The Gurus sticky crinrict's bug threads and the gurus read it for bugs etc and crinrict is a very big help.
    If you want your issue seen by a Guru I would suggest posting there so they can work on fixes.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/581172.page

• Daisy3942Daisy3942 Posts: 3
    edited October 2013
    Chimp2678 would I have to get rid of all my downloaded content or would only some be ok :( :-(