Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

how do you know if your having twins are triplets?

hi umm so ive been wondering how do you know if your having twins are triplwts it would be helpful if someone told me thanks :XD:.
gLQgzBe.gif
The voice in your head is just me in your headphones, Everyone knows that we're the devils hero's!

Comments

• MariesaliasMariesalias Posts: 1,954 Member
    edited September 2012
    Without a mod, I'm not sure you can. Maybe a medical sim can tell you?
  • SamacoySamacoy Posts: 446
    edited September 2012
    I'm fairly certain that there's no way to know, unless there's a mod out there somewhere that I'm unaware of. Unless you have the fertility treatment and can bet you're having multiples, I'm pretty sure you can't know.
  • artesianwadaartesianwada Posts: 147 Member
    edited September 2012
    If your sim vomits once while pregnant, it's one baby. Twice, it's twins. Three times, triplets. It's always happened like this in my game
    edited September 2012
    If your sim vomits once while pregnant, it's one baby. Twice, it's twins. Three times, triplets. It's always happened like this in my game

I'm not so sure about that. My Sims are always puking a lot when they're pregnant, and it's almost always a singleton.
  • artesianwadaartesianwada Posts: 147 Member
    edited September 2012
    Samacoy wrote:

I'm not so sure about that. My Sims are always puking a lot when they're pregnant, and it's almost always a singleton.

It might be a glitch in my game then but it's always happened that way for me
    edited September 2012
    Samacoy wrote:

It might be a glitch in my game then but it's always happened that way for me

Well, that's pretty cool then. I wish my Sims would all stop vomiting after the first inital one.
  • RainbowDust1RainbowDust1 Posts: 353 Member
    edited September 2012
    I actually just posted on the wrong thread, I'm so sorry! :shock:
    14s9px.gif
  • Cate_0014Cate_0014 Posts: 765 New Member
    edited September 2012
    *or triplets not are triplets...
    but anyhoo
    Ive been wondering the same thing I don't think there is an actual way to my knowledge
  • wiredhanna67wiredhanna67 Posts: 402 Member
    edited September 2012
    wow i made this forum last night alot of ppl reply fast okay well thanks for the ones who helped she had twins ^.^
    gLQgzBe.gif
    The voice in your head is just me in your headphones, Everyone knows that we're the devils hero's!
  • HarmonysimsHarmonysims Posts: 1,700 New Member
    edited September 2012
    did the 100 baby challenge...seems like there is no actual way to determine.
  • Baudebino333Baudebino333 Posts: 1,293 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Samacoy wrote:
    I'm fairly certain that there's no way to know, unless there's a mod out there somewhere that I'm unaware of. Unless you have the fertility treatment and can bet you're having multiples, I'm pretty sure you can't know.
    Well, it's not always guaranteed that you will have multiples or triplets with the fertility treatment, is it? It just gives you a higher chance of conception, and also for twins and triplets.
  • wiredhanna67wiredhanna67 Posts: 402 Member
    edited July 2013
    sorry last time i made this i was`t to good with english still learning ^-^
    gLQgzBe.gif
  • MrzNSmithMrzNSmith Posts: 370 Member
    edited July 2013
    The way I found out was I had a set of married sisters living together and one was lvl 10 in med career and did something to my sims belly and told her she was having twins.
    uUABhnHoaTurWewmdJRta_qF465L722rPmUNhKdVW0sgPo8a7IgCcxjtLwn3ciTK5-BkKA2DvUBi-AIhSd4B_GluqPcTdlHINfwlmSYES694rTL5oq9FCoZroHGr2f_hL51c2Q8_cihF8Z_U8YtGDxL2tbuIq5m4Q8wNX_w_a2ZkLO0x2TYyC8hancoqF1_9PoBkCiyZgO2g6qx-HtyGGyAfGyMC_9GgxMiDCFlqoXeTu3xbYgm1X3RTSHfhsf65WPrvdA08k__3kueIYg1TCC644ylX3sz2_JNEKA-szzuyGGdAdKpyMTM1bW1FPGqUhf0WGhi4gPdZLA5DeeUDRL-zrOSp9IAcRbjV14DA2QiQxzIxXlqdoFNPA-wXxhXnDlYbiHuPgqvCW8NHtHbfAIm7zfYYWJRX04fRKmCNR4D_wCTAoMfvQ7YZLw3Np8XfIBVBWS_GqnUH47wh5vxqHFpoN3AN3HQJzPUNJIhL3obfcNmDelllZWb3kNJSeQW24qIsbLV4bZL7bIBi0jd8KJwMtPPym06mLyzzAatg4yEWN89btgE_hNcOKVkoq4LuCWlF=w462-h214-no
  • mapleleagirlmapleleagirl Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm not sure if this is an actual sign, but my sim just had triplets (I was only going to have 2 kids lol so I had a nice surprise) and as soon as a sim finds out they are pregnant, you can see the little baby bump right away, but with this pregnancy there was no bump at all...I had to check to make sure she was actually preggo..lol so that might be a sign
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I'm not sure if this is an actual sign, but my sim just had triplets (I was only going to have 2 kids lol so I had a nice surprise) and as soon as a sim finds out they are pregnant, you can see the little baby bump right away, but with this pregnancy there was no bump at all...I had to check to make sure she was actually preggo..lol so that might be a sign
    The number of babies to be produced by a pregnancy in TS3 can be influenced by various things, but it's not actually determined until the birth takes place. Sim biology is strange (to us mere mortals).

If the in-game medical procedure makes a prediction though, that can lock things in. So can various mods. Other mods can give percent chances of twins, trips, and even quads without locking things in but there is always an element of uncertainty about things even if you see chance of twins at 100%.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited March 2017
    If your simmy girl use the Sims 3 store massage table and gets a romantic massage there is a huge chance you will get triplets or twins but if you want a foolproof surefire guarantee of having triplets it is simple

The genie lamp wish for a large family gives you the same "Feeling Fertile" moodlet as the massage table with a twist this one is AUTO triplets as soon as you try for a baby.

As your local sim physician am giving you this advice,hope it helps o:)

PS: You also have rabies :#
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
    edited March 2017
    I thought the original question, although this thread does go back several years, was how many children is a pregnant sim going to give birth to as they are now, not how to influence the outcome -- there's several in-game ways to do that and Dr. @CravenLestat mentions a couple of them. But I'm a little more concerned that the good doctor seems to be mixing up lab samples from pregnant human sims and stray dogs again. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • MrStrangeMrStrange Posts: 66 Member
    So anyone ever find out? Or they work in a patch? Example being, when you get pregnant it says 'You're eating for two!' or a close equivalent. Anything like that for twins and/or triplets, or no?
    Also, is there a way to guarantee a boy or girl in this one? In Sims 3 it was Apples and I think Watermelon(not sure on latter).
    edited March 2019
    MrStrange wrote: »
    So anyone ever find out? Or they work in a patch? Example being, when you get pregnant it says 'You're eating for two!' or a close equivalent. Anything like that for twins and/or triplets, or no?
    Also, is there a way to guarantee a boy or girl in this one? In Sims 3 it was Apples and I think Watermelon(not sure on latter).
    Hi there. This thread is about TS3 and is on the TS3 section of the forum. TS4, which I think is what you are now asking about, is a very different game. Perhaps this question could be redirected over to that section? :)

In TS3 as said prior, the actual number of babies to be born in a multiple birth can be influenced and sometimes predicted, but it is not finalized until the sim actually does gives birth.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Please don't necropost in old threads. I'm going to go ahead and close off this thread now as it has been inactive since 2017, If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top