Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

a head's up for the Aussie's!! 4/9/12 release date!!!

Comments

• jacqpinksjacqpinks Posts: 2,118 Member
    edited September 2012
    it is the same game, I would just tell them that you aren't going to buy from them anymore and you will be buying from Big W from now on b/c it is cheaper the limited edition is the same price as the regular one so really there is no difference, that is a pre order bonus so they should honor it :)
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • fallenangel19910fallenangel19910 Posts: 4,432 New Member
    edited September 2012
    jacqpinks wrote:
    it is the same game, I would just tell them that you aren't going to buy from them anymore and you will be buying from Big W from now on b/c it is cheaper the limited edition is the same price as the regular one so really there is no difference, that is a pre order bonus so they should honor it :)

:shock: omg, i love your new avatar :)
    edited September 2012
    thank you so much :)
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • JBAG521JBAG521 Posts: 2,783 Member
    edited September 2012
    EB Games usually price-matches and sometimes takes more off for me, because they know I buy all the Sims games. That was my hometown though, and we were on a first name basis with the staff (lol). Now that we've moved, Im not sure how it will go, but I need to get my hands on a Big W catalogue. Thanks for the heads up :)
  • TwilightStar09TwilightStar09 Posts: 150 Member
    edited September 2012
    The cheaper version that Big W sells is not the limited edition and does not contain the extra content. Therefore, it's not the same game and EB Games are well within their rights to refuse to price match. And from memory, EB sells the two versions at different prices - Limited at $48 and standard at $38.
    Also, as a customer service rep, we really don't have an issue when someone says they're not buying from us anymore - especially large franchises who have many other customers. Best bet is to be really polite and don't get upset, the more pleasant you are the nicer we are. If you don't like their decision just ask politely if you can discuss the issue with the manager. And EB may have to make a phone call to head office if you insist, so don't be surprised if you have to wait for them to do that.
  • Samm3hSamm3h Posts: 32 Member
    edited September 2012
    JB Hi-Fi has changed the date to the 6th on their website. Fingers crossed that I get a call from EB tomorrow, because they are notorious for putting out the Sims EPs early. This will be the first time I haven't bought a Sims 3 EP from Game, so I hope it all goes well so I can pre order Seasons :D
    edited September 2012
    The cheaper version that Big W sells is not the limited edition and does not contain the extra content. Therefore, it's not the same game and EB Games are well within their rights to refuse to price match. And from memory, EB sells the two versions at different prices - Limited at $48 and standard at $38.
    Also, as a customer service rep, we really don't have an issue when someone says they're not buying from us anymore - especially large franchises who have many other customers. Best bet is to be really polite and don't get upset, the more pleasant you are the nicer we are. If you don't like their decision just ask politely if you can discuss the issue with the manager. And EB may have to make a phone call to head office if you insist, so don't be surprised if you have to wait for them to do that.

I was just trying to be positive and if that is the way you want to see it then don't try and pay the full price HuGs♥
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • apathie88apathie88 Posts: 34 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Any Aussies managed to get a copy from EB or JB Hi Fi or anywhere yet? Slowly going crazy stalking the forums - want Supernatural so much!
  • JBAG521JBAG521 Posts: 2,783 Member
    edited September 2012
    @ apathie88 - I preordered from EB and they told me theyd text me when its available to pick up. Im assuming Ill get the text at 830 tomorrow morning. I have to wait until 1ish though because I have classes until then.

I also wanted to ask if any of you Aussie simmers have had any problems buying SimPoints? I plan on buying some today, but I dont want to run into any problems, seeing as EA is an American company. Thanks :)
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited September 2012
    JBAG521 wrote:
    @ apathie88 - I preordered from EB and they told me theyd text me when its available to pick up. Im assuming Ill get the text at 830 tomorrow morning. I have to wait until 1ish though because I have classes until then.

I also wanted to ask if any of you Aussie simmers have had any problems buying SimPoints? I plan on buying some today, but I dont want to run into any problems, seeing as EA is an American company. Thanks :)

no problems buying simpoints, I do this twice per month! :)
  • Lisa1234543211Lisa1234543211 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited September 2012
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 YAY If not Would Some 24\7 Kmarts have it in at midnight :P :|

:( Comes in Tomorrow [ QlD ]
    edited September 2012

when and where is a kmart open 24/7 in Australia?I'd like to know this too
    edited September 2012
    maria_loves_alex says
    @jacqupinks: may I ask what store you got yours from? you always seem to get yours early! I might have to try the low cut top, mini skirt and heels technique

as if jacqpinks is gonna tell you or anymone where she got SN from, but selfish people don't, they keep it to themselves as normal!! :shock:
    edited September 2012
    maria_loves_alex says
    @jacqupinks: may I ask what store you got yours from? you always seem to get yours early! I might have to try the low cut top, mini skirt and heels technique

as if jacqpinks is gonna tell you or anymone where she got SN from, but selfish people don't, they keep it to themselves as normal!! :shock:

seriously, stop, there is no need to turn this into a hate thread.
    she has the game, yes ,as do i!
    jacqpinks is well known in all of the simming community, ever think that maybe that is why she has a copy, she has never stated where she got it, because maybe she didn't get it from a store.
    so stop with this bickering, we are here for the game we all love, not to cause trouble!
    edited September 2012

when and where is a kmart open 24/7 in Australia?I'd like to know this too

there are 2 within 10 minutes of where i live

Burwood K-Mart 24 hour.
    &
    Boronia K-Mart 24 hour.
  • AlixandraM22AlixandraM22 Posts: 24 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I'm headed up to Bunbury myself on Saturday so I can't wait to pick it up from EB games :) Unfortunatly I have to work tomorrow and taking the day off just so I can buy a sims ep isn't really allowed :( Will also want to speed home to play it but I better not do that either!

And on a side note... yay to those that have it! I'm chuffed for you! I remember getting the sims 2 free time like, a week early or something and got attacked by Trolls :-/ Seeing the photos of Supernatural is making me excited about playing the game :) And Im also loving the new skin colour options.... Fluro pink? Bright Purple? Cool green? Awesome! :D
  • rendowgzrendowgz Posts: 71
    edited September 2012
    spent all day waiting for ebgames to call XD with an hour and a half left i dont think its happening... jacqpinks thanks for the price match.. the manager is so so nice at my local ebgames so i hope she dose price match..as iv only got $40!i would have to borrow money of my mum if she cant (but thats ok) XD

when i called JB i was polite and asked when they will be releasing it. she just about yelled at me ''YOU HAVE TO WAIT TILL THE 6TH!'' so im guessing alot of people called about it and they got frustrated XD
  • lyshalysha Posts: 139 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Hey just thought id let you guys know that D-Smith has the limited edition for $39.95 and i price matched my preorder at EB two weeks ago no problems (:
  • Stace89Stace89 Posts: 54
    edited September 2012
    rendowgz wrote:
    when i called JB i was polite and asked when they will be releasing it. she just about yelled at me ''YOU HAVE TO WAIT TILL THE 6TH!'' so im guessing alot of people called about it and they got frustrated XD

I had the exact same experience with a (new) EB employee at my local store, I just dropped in when I was running some errands and was almost blasted out the door. I almost understood what those (lucky) Supernatural sims in the screenshots feel like when someone breathes flames after eating a nasty jelly bean!

Oh well, at least it means they'll be really keen to give it to me tomorrow, until then I'm just amusing myself with prepping for the game but its nice to find a thread with Aussie's who are feeling the same waiting pain :D
  • HalleneeHallenee Posts: 30 Member
    edited September 2012
    I just called my local store and spoke to the guy there. No word on street date release but he was really friendly.
    I suspect it's because I have a noticeable accent and they all knew my first name within a few weeks of moving here so he'll recognise me even on the phone.
    I might just be a little obsessed with The Sims. And I have a gaming hubslave who has to go in every single time we walk past. Daily visits would explain a lot...
  • dominoharveydominoharvey Posts: 104 Member
    edited September 2012
    $48 dollars isn't too much to pay through EB Games, after the pre-order deposit, when it comes round to release date, it's only $38 dollars really :) i'm a sims addict, i don't really care how much it costs, just as long as i have it, i have my own little sim savings just for games haha.

i also would like to agree with TwilightStar0 completely (very late i know but i was working :( but would really like to share my opinion on it) in saying that i'm a retail manager, it really dosn't matter when someone says they're going else where, because there is always another 10+ customers coming in behind you, willing to pay full price (such as myself) seems the old tricks of customers don't really work anymore :/ the whole customer is always right theory no longer drives retail anymore, it's making more money that does.

With that said. I cannot wait untill i finally get to the shops tomorrow night to pick my game and game guide up!!!
  • Jaelk01Jaelk01 Posts: 113 Member
    edited September 2012
    Just got the txt notification from my local supplier(EB Games).
    The expansion will be available tomorrow.... Pity about the whole work thing.
  • Stace89Stace89 Posts: 54
    edited September 2012
    Me too! :D I'm off work due to surgery so I'm in luck (well, some kind of screwy luck lol). If only they had 'expansion pack leave' ...
    edited September 2012
    maria_loves_alex says

You really need to stop it isn't very nice behaviour attacking someone you don't know and I don't have to tell anyone where I got my game from, I didn't buy it from a store and I can show proof but you seem not to want to believe anything I say so really is it worth.

But for everyone else so they know that I wouldn't hold back if I did buy it from a store, I didn't. as a lot of people know I was invited to EA in Redwood for community day in August and not only did I get to play the game then and met all the wonderful Gurus even SimGuruHydra :) they promised to send everyone attending the Community day an early release copy of Supernatural and as promised by the Sims team I got it delivered last Thursday afternoon. I didn't announce it b/c I didn't want to seem like I was bragging and like I said in a previous post I only registered it when the urge for the peashooter got to big and I just had to get it.

I really hope when you get your games you will enjoy it as much as I have, I haven't played today I have been in bed all afternoon b/c I have worn myself out from playing

I have posted some pics here

Jacqpinks ON Facebook

217903_499425260069058_265488437_n.jpg

There are no Midnight K-marts in Adelaide btw :(
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • HoneytipsHoneytips Posts: 84 Member
    edited September 2012
    Hello fellow Aussies, where are you buying your supernatural prima guides? I'm contemplating between buying it online from the prima store or purchasing an actual copy from one of the stores at the mall.