Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Registration Rewards keep getting smaller and smaller...

Comments

• BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited August 2012
    MrHawk wrote:
    For registering Supernatural you will receive a code to download an e-card of Katy Perry shooting a llama out of her bra...then a bill for $10.

:P LoL silly.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited August 2012
    Surely there will be something. Also I'm wondering what we'll get for seasons prehaps a diving board from the store that looks different from the one in seasons. Remember the DJ Booth from the store with Showtime? Now that was a nice registration reward.
  • reni401reni401 Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited August 2012
    Surely there will be something.

Almost definitely. A couple of the most significant reasons for providing these sorts of registration rewards at all is to encourage legal purchases of the game and to DIScourage the purchase of used copies (registration rewards are generally only useful for the initial owner as the game can only be registered once).

That the registration rewards have become less significant is surprising given the reasons for providing them. Sets of furniture or clothing are certainly a greater incentive than a single item. Granted an item that served more purpose than an in-game potted plant, but a single item nonetheless.
  • EverettEverett Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited August 2012
    MrHawk wrote:
    murfeel wrote:
    MrHawk wrote:
    For registering Supernatural you will receive a code to download an e-card of Katy Perry shooting a llama out of her bra...then a bill for $10.

:shock: OMG I THOUGHT YOU WERE SERIOUS!!!! :XD: LMAO!!! :lol: Then I saw the bit about the llama breasts and I calmed down. :XD: I was about to CUSS EA out! :lol:

Gurrrl I'm always serious *flips hayr* :lol:

*snaps fingers in a z motion* all while *moving head left to right* u go gurl. :lol:
  • gngrsnpgngrsnp Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited August 2012
    Everett wrote:
    MrHawk wrote:
    murfeel wrote:
    MrHawk wrote:

:shock: OMG I THOUGHT YOU WERE SERIOUS!!!! :XD: LMAO!!! :lol: Then I saw the bit about the llama breasts and I calmed down. :XD: I was about to CUSS EA out! :lol:

*snaps fingers in a z motion* all while *moving head left to right* u go gurl. :lol:
    I'm loving it. Wouldn't be surprised if it came to pass.
  • EverettEverett Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited August 2012
    gngrsnp wrote:
    Everett wrote:
    MrHawk wrote:
    murfeel wrote:
    MrHawk wrote:

I'm loving it. Wouldn't be surprised if it came to pass.

:thumbup:
  • samsonkflaisamsonkflai Posts: 883 New Member
    edited August 2012
    You get the limited Plants vs Zombies pea shooter, if you order it on origin you'll get some more Plants vs Zombies stuff in game and in real life

the one i'm really looking forward to is seasons: heard it's the ice lounge :) which i have been to it in real life and yes before you ask, it exists and everything and i mean EVERYTHING is made of ice
  • MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited August 2012
    ^^^ We're not talking about preorder rewards though, we're talking about registration rewards like Explorer's Loot, Ultimate Career Bundle etc.
  • Mistress_hydroMistress_hydro Posts: 503 New Member
    edited September 2012
    yea some pvz stuff
  • reni401reni401 Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited September 2012
    yea some pvz stuff

As Mr. Hawk pointed out just above, that's not a registration reward.
  • murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited September 2012
    MrHawk wrote:
    murfeel wrote:
    MrHawk wrote:

FIERCE, dahling! 8) *rocking my llama bra and LOVING it!* ^0^
    Sassable1 wrote:
    MrHawk wrote:

Actually, I believe I read somewhere that the llama out of her bra is actually a glitch and it should be a freezer bunny out of her skull.

Anyhoo - I'm sure it will be addressed with a patch, right? :wink:

Yup--Patch 1.76...as soon as EA announces the very last TS3 EP. :roll:

I was at SimsVIP I think and I saw the SN Registration Reward: a few t-shirts with the dinkiest stencils on the planet, and a Plants vs. Zombies poster. :x
    Get the eff outta here, EA, and stop playing--now where's the real Reward? :lol: :roll:
  • Sassable1Sassable1 Posts: 109 Member
    edited September 2012
    murfeel wrote:
    Sassable1 wrote:
    MrHawk wrote:

Actually, I believe I read somewhere that the llama out of her bra is actually a glitch and it should be a freezer bunny out of her skull.

Anyhoo - I'm sure it will be addressed with a patch, right? :wink:

Yup--Patch 1.76...as soon as EA announces the very last TS3 EP. :roll:

lmao.gif - tff!
  • maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited September 2012
    Kael wrote:
    Anybody else realize that although the items we get have been decreasing...the actual design and usefulness has in fact gone UP?

I mean I can't tell you the last time I used any of the registration rewards before Generations...but I can tell you that I've used all of the ones since.

Call me crazy...but I'd much rather have 1-3 well-made items as opposed to 15 ishty items(*cough* Ambitions curly hair *cough*)

I think you're right, the items we've been getting since are much much nicer - that so called 'hair' that came with ambitions was actually a bowl of stale noodles flipped upside down
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited September 2012
    reni401 wrote:
    yea some pvz stuff

As Mr. Hawk pointed out just above, that's not a registration reward.

All of the bonus stuff is related to PvZ. The registration reward is six t-shirts and a poster.

I love all of it, but I'm a huge PvZ fan so...
    34336_s.gif
  • KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited September 2012
    All of the bonus stuff is related to PvZ. The registration reward is six t-shirts and a poster.

I love all of it, but I'm a huge PvZ fan so...

I am, too. In fact, I was just playing it this morning (love those vase breaker puzzles... LOL!)

However, I still think one t-shirt with six stencils is lame. I didn't think it could get any lamer than the one single DJ-booth for ST, but they managed...

I'm *almost* curious how much lower they can go...
    Pretty soon they'll have to stop making EPs because there's no way they can make the reward any smaller. :twisted:
  • chasingAJchasingAJ Posts: 802 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I just registered my SN and got *drumroll* 2 tshirts and a poster. Seriously?!

Okay, so it says 6 but I only see 2 (male and female) and I should have found this thread before registering b/c I wouldn't have bothered. I like PvZ okay (that's why I got the LE) but this is lame.
  • Meganne79Meganne79 Posts: 270 Member
    edited September 2012
    chasingAJ wrote:
    I just registered my SN and got *drumroll* 2 tshirts and a poster. Seriously?!

Okay, so it says 6 but I only see 2 (male and female) and I should have found this thread before registering b/c I wouldn't have bothered. I like PvZ okay (that's why I got the LE) but this is lame.
    Sigh. All of the sudden "Katy Perry shooting a llama out of her bra" sounds appealing :cry:
    Edit:
    I couldn't care less about PvZ if I tried...
  • chasingAJchasingAJ Posts: 802 New Member
    edited September 2012
    My husband also picked up Diesel and KP while he was out. It was really sweet but I didn't plan to get those.

My daughter (9) is very much into PvZ and she'll enjoy playing around (with MUCH supervision) with those. I just think that posters and tshirts are very immature for a game that seems... dark. At least for TS3.
    edited September 2012
    Oooh, thanks for the find Iwanalogin

Edit: It looks like the T-shirts are for teen, adult and elder. If so, nice.
    Can anyone confirm?
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited September 2012
    Well I for one am grateful I am getting registration rewards than none at all. Regardless of what it is, something extra is better than no extra.

I downloaded the PvZ demo on PS3 a week ago and surprisingly I found it very amusing and entertaining. In the future I may just buy the full game.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
    edited September 2012
    Deshong04 wrote:
    Regardless of what it is, something extra is better than no extra.

Truth! It's still nice to get a reward for not being a pirate.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2012
    I find it odd people are gripping about a registration award when no other game have I gotten special things for registering it - not even previous Sims games. I had all of SimCities, all of the Original Sims and all of Sims 2 and never once got anything for registering these games. I am appalled at people expecting they are owed anything as technically all EA HAS to give you for the price is the game period. Never mind complaining this free gift is not more than it is.

As a kid i was always taught to say thank you when people gave me something - regardless of what it was and even if i didn't want it. It was to teach me it was good manners and it was to show the world I was being brought up right.

Apparently that is no longer the case, as I defintely see a lot of people with no manners gripping about a gift the Sims Team made for them and EA allowed to be given to them if they registered the game.

I will fall back on my good upbringing and thank both the Sims team and EA for the gift. Thank you for thinking of us. That was a very nice gester and I for one appreciate it.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited September 2012
    ^^^ Oh come on.....

A few light-hearted jokes in a thread and we all have "no manners" ???
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited September 2012
    MrHawk wrote:
    Deshong04 wrote:
    Regardless of what it is, something extra is better than no extra.

Truth! It's still nice to get a reward for not being a pirate.

The reward for me is...a clean conscience of doing what is right, integrity. If that is not reward enough I do not know what to say but it is reward enough for me.

Plus there are all kinds of freebies in TS3 Store like Riverview, CAW, CAP and some sets and individual items. EA even gave away some sets free from The Store when their FB page hit a certain amount of likes.

Then there is the daily deal, the new Sale category in The Store, the extra simpoints when buying $20 or more. The highest, the best deal. Not so often sales on simpoints.

Taking advantage of all that will dramatically get you more for your money. To me it is a way of EA giving players the opportunities to get your money's worth plus extra. And some say they are a greedy company or maybe some just do not know how to shop?

There are opportunities to get your money's worth and some for the honest ones. One just has to know how to make it work to their advantage.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”