Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maybe I'm just dumb, but...

...does anyone else find this game harder to play? haha I've played Sims for years and years, from Sims 1, to 2, and now 3, but for some reason, I feel like I don't know how to do anything and can't find anything. Is the game that different, or harder, or am I just crazy and possibly freaking out too much that it's finally here?

Comments

• EleganceElegance Posts: 57 New Member
    edited June 2009
    That's how I felt with the Sims 2 at first. I'm sure you'll get used to it. I find it a bit more challenging, but I like it.
  • shiftcommathreemeshiftcommathreeme Posts: 16 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It's alright. I'm having a bit of difficulty of getting used to it too.
  • blackboy2222blackboy2222 Posts: 49 New Member
    edited June 2009
    its definately different than the first two and i think it will just take some getting used too
  • RGDeltaRGDelta Posts: 23 New Member
    edited June 2009
    yeah it has a bigger learning curve but so far I love it.
  • Caszidy215Caszidy215 Posts: 310 Member
    edited June 2009
    I def find it harder. However, that is what I love the most. I love when people criticize and say its so easy and nothing is to it.. but I gurantee they wouldn't even know what to do ..
  • SciFiWarlockSciFiWarlock Posts: 5,267 Member
    edited June 2009
    I remember back when I started playing the Sims 2 and thought it was impossible. For example the 6 boys in one of my first families almost got taken away (did not know the three teens could not be taken by the social worker) cause I had no clue how to do homework until I noticed six little squares in the study by the computer. I clicked on one of them and it said "Do Joshua's homework. They had 4 days worth of homework to do.

It will just take time to learn how to play it then love it just as it did going from sims 1 to sims 2
  • mjs8101993mjs8101993 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I totally agree. It took me forever to try to figure little things out that used to be so simple. I agree with everyone else; it will take a lot of getting used to.
  • PinkpantherfunPinkpantherfun Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm ok with it so far. I shouldn't have read the post about crashes and errors. Now I'm nervous. (where is the chewing nails smiley when you need one?)

I sure wish I knew how to stock the dumb frig though. That's why I'm on the site instead of playing.
  • simcrediblesimcredible Posts: 1,837 Member
    edited June 2009
    I know exactly how you feel. I was a pro when it came to TS2 and TS1. Now I feel like I was left in the dust with this one. Hopefully I'll get up to speed. :-)
  • Mamma_StumonMamma_Stumon Posts: 186 New Member
    edited June 2009
    GET THE GUIDE BOOK!!! I think that it really really helps. I hate the tutorials in the game, LOL they make me angry but the book you can refer to over and over and it has awesome tips in it too!
  • GurlieMacaGurlieMaca Posts: 44 Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm def finding this one much harder....I can't even figure out how to ask someone to move in. It took me forever to build up a relationship with one of the townies. And since I couldn't figure out how to get the sim to move in i ended up just having a private wedding.

I think its tough because interactions come and go. One minute the "make out" interaction is there the next its not...and for no apparent reason either...

hopefully we'll all get it soon
  • YamiNekoTsukiYamiNekoTsuki Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2009
    GET THE GUIDE BOOK!!! I think that it really really helps. I hate the tutorials in the game, LOL they make me angry but the book you can refer to over and over and it has awesome tips in it too!

I have the guide because I like getting the books for the games I have. I've gone through it, and the "tips" in game, and they really convey the same information, so one is not really much more helpful than the other.
  • sydneycanflyysydneycanflyy Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2009
    YES. i'm haveing alot of trouble with the customizing. it takes me FOREVER to build a house. ughh. and it takes me like 30 minutes to make 1 person :/ but i think as i play it (which i will be doing alot of) it will get easier...