We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
February 23rd - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How smart or dumb are zombies in this game?

Will they be able to climb stairs? I thought I read somewhere that they can’t, but I’m not sure.

Comments

• LizNuiqueLizNuique Posts: 3,413 Member
    edited August 2012
    They bite other sims, they shred plants, and fences give them trouble sooooo maybe yes? lol
  • MegancharltonMegancharlton Posts: 3,731 New Member
    edited August 2012
    LizNuique wrote:
    They bite other sims, they shred plants, and fences give them trouble sooooo maybe yes? lol

Really? If it's that easy to repel zombies I'll just buy a house build on a foundation and put a fence around my lot :)
  • bmealaynabmealayna Posts: 442 Member
    edited August 2012
    I'm pretty sure the zombies will be fairly smart they can do anything a normal sim can do, but with the exception of slowness.
  • fabregas22fabregas22 Posts: 369 Member
    edited August 2012
    Hopefully they'll be as thick as an already thick kid who then gets brain damage (really thick)
  • magic345wmagic345w Posts: 1,054
    edited August 2012
    Well, they can't open gates and I think they can't climb stairs, The simgurus said they are fairly dumb. Put a fence around your house and you're safe!
  • fabregas22fabregas22 Posts: 369 Member
    edited August 2012
    magic345w wrote:
    Well, they can't open gates and I think they can't climb stairs, The simgurus said they are fairly dumb. Put a fence around your house and you're safe!

They should be able to break the fences down and swarm you.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,766 Member
    edited August 2012
    They can climb stairs but they couldn't get into my house

zombieangriff.jpg
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• ArtFreak1193ArtFreak1193 Posts: 180 New Member
    edited August 2012
    ehhh... the most interactions I've seen for zombies is "Aaarrgghhh" and "Brains" save for eating gardens and shuffling :lol: So i'd imagine they're pretty dumb (at least compared to the ones from Sims 2... they could even Woo-hoo.... sure, no zombie babies... but at least they had woo-hoo :P )
    But I've heard they can't enter locked doors... fences they can *eventually* get thru I think, (and I think they spawn WITHIN your yard too? :shock: ) and stairs... well someone answered that :lol:
    So lock up your home on a full moon!
  • LokendraLokendra Posts: 276 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Funny if zombies have routing error! lol stomp their feet and wave up! haha that would look strange
    edited August 2012
    Lokendra wrote:
    Funny if zombies have routing error! lol stomp their feet and wave up! haha that would look strange

It DOES look strange and they DO have routing failures.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• LokendraLokendra Posts: 276 New Member
    edited August 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    Lokendra wrote:

It DOES look strange and they DO have routing failures.
    ROFL They have routing failures? Thats funny , Epic Fail EA :P Shud have made zombies have no animation for stomping + wave
    edited August 2012
    Look at my pic above. All Zombies.
    AHQ Tutorial

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited August 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    They can climb stairs but they couldn't get into my house

zombieangriff.jpg

Thank you for posting that picture. I was a little worried that those things could get inside my sim's home. I'm not a zombie fan, but it will sure make things intresting in this game.
  • devious89devious89 Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    A zombie opened the gate to my garden and ate all my plants. So yes they can open gates.
  • JonchuableJonchuable Posts: 321 Member
    edited December 2012
    devious89 wrote:
    A zombie opened the gate to my garden and ate all my plants. So yes they can open gates.

You have to manually lock your gate :)
  • GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited December 2012
    devious89 wrote:

You can lock the gate so that only sims from your household can open the gate. :)
  • AlyssatheGreatAlyssatheGreat Posts: 40
    edited December 2012
    So pretty much to sum it up, zombies are pretty dumb since they can't get past doors or locked gates so they kind of just stand around looking dead... sounds fine to me, I'd like to see a little zombie action in the supernatural pack but that not one of the reasons I wanted it.
  • mtldfranklinmtldfranklin Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    I wasn't sure about them climbing stairs until I found 1 sleeping in the rocking chair on my front porch. That one really surprised me,lol. I was even able to tend my tiny garden pot next to the zombie without waking it up. So far, that is the strangest thing I've seen from them.
  • turistas9turistas9 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited February 2013
    find the most annoying part is, they ring the doorbell .. and act like there stuck in front of your door, when you wont let them it .. they start yelling also lol.
  • murphydaughtermurphydaughter Posts: 203 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I'd read on here somewhere that they couldn't climb stairs, so I thought my sim was safe on the porch. I was wrong they can climb stairs, but won't enter locked gates, so on full moons I lock my yard and garden gates (incase they spawn in my yard) however, my sims are still safe. I've tried to get attacked, but the zombies in my games are only worried about the plants, I've had a sim feel hunted by a zombie, but nothing happened.