We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can we please get Yachts and suuba diving in The Sims 3

This may not be the right place to post this idea, but. Now that The Sims 3 Seasons will make it possible to swim in the ocean, I for the frist time in a while have a reason to take/send my sims to the beach. At least I will in November when it releases. With this new freedom/ability I think it would be awesome if we could have yachts in the sims 3. Yachts that you could moor to the dock in your beach backyard or at a community lot marina. Perhaps You are an adventurous sim/simmer. You could leave your land loving life behind and live aboard your yacht. Improve your handy skill by repairing a damaged motor in the engine room, work on you tan on the deck, enjoy the sunrise or set from the comfort of your bed in your stateroom, or sail from one town to another maybe even China and France from World Adventures ep. And while out on the open water work on your fishing skill and catch that days meals. Scuba dive off the aft of your vessel for an underwater adventure.

Anyone else have any further suggestions for this idea. I'd love to hear them.

Thanks for reading and hopefully signing :D

Comments

• TaylacfcTaylacfc Posts: 2,098 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Signed
  • ErinPandagirlErinPandagirl Posts: 145
    edited August 2012
    They all ready said there will be no boats the game is rated which means it is completely finished and it is to late to add anything also it would be really complicated to have boats go to china and Egypt it just wouldn't work. So sorry to be a Debbie downer but it's not going to happen
  • AjaGioAjaGio Posts: 262 Member
    edited August 2012
    It would be cool if they would add it as an update later on. Or if we could use rafts (like in castaways)
  • Kail16Kail16 Posts: 3,051 Member
    edited August 2012
    I don't think this is the right place for a petition

also there's no boats in Seasons, so we for sure won't be getting that with this new EP.

• VedaSwordVedaSword Posts: 143 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I really don't think you'll get anywhere with this petition. This far into production, I doubt they would add anything this huge to seasons. You might be able to ask around and get some modders interested, though.
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited August 2012
    They all ready said there will be no boats the game is rated which means it is completely finished and it is to late to add anything also it would be really complicated to have boats go to china and Egypt it just wouldn't work. So sorry to be a Debbie downer but it's not going to happen
    ^THAT!
    This space is for rent.
  • LokendraLokendra Posts: 276 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Maybe in Farming Ep? Or seaside Stuff..
    yes i would love this to happen :):):)
  • TaylacfcTaylacfc Posts: 2,098 New Member
    edited August 2012
    yeah im only signing as there might be a patch or update they could do i know already that its not in seasons by the way

wanted to make it clear. :D
  • AlisoxAlisox Posts: 1,640 Member
    edited August 2012
    Taylacfc wrote:
    yeah im only signing as there might be a patch or update they could do i know already that its not in seasons by the way

wanted to make it clear. :D
    They wouldn't add anything that big in a patch...
  • CopenRoadCopenRoad Posts: 391 Member
    edited August 2012
    It's too late to add boats and scuba diving into Seasons, but I don't see any problems with adding them in a later expansion or stuff pack (or even as premium content in the Store). There's obviously a big demand for them, and I for one would definitely pay extra to have them in my game.
  • boggieboggie Posts: 348 Member
    edited August 2012
    :D I would love to have suba diving. I'm making a surf shop and would love to have the gear in my shop. As for Yachts, there are some great ones at the sims resource. Some are for placing just for off shore ,but dress up the ocean nicely. Some are lots for placing just off the beach. There are some really nice ones like: the Durmstrans ship (from Harry Potter) Yachts, Houseboats and even the Titanic. Have fun :thumbup:
  • LordDarthSimsLordDarthSims Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited September 2012
    Signed because I want my Rich Sims to Have Yachts and go Scuba Diving and loved that old school Deep-Sea Diving Suits and Helmets in The Sims 2 Open For Business.
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited September 2012
    Signed and for everyone saying they won't have something so big in a patch, they are adding diving boards to the Seasons patch along with swimming in the ocean. So it's not so far fetched at this point.

Back on topic though, bring on the yachts for my rich sims!
  • avidon3avidon3 Posts: 419 Member
    edited September 2012
    I would love scuba diving. And you could add a new death by shark attack. Or have sims dive for treasure. Also, I would like surfing.
    B)
  • Rinoa666AngelRinoa666Angel Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited September 2012
    Scuba diving would have been wonderful :mrgreen:
  • Sigma4lifeSigma4life Posts: 163 Member
    edited October 2012
    I love the yacht idea as well as surfing and scuba diving.

I haven't been on the forums in a while and it seems to have been replaced with debbie downers. :( We all love the game and it wouldn't be the amazing game that it is today if gammers weren't constantly being creative and pushing the limits by asking for new things. It may be a little late, but I still love the ideas.
  • yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited October 2012
    I vote for any and all water sport ideas posted in this thread as later Store CC or EP release. Especially the yacht/boat idea. When Seasons was announced, I was so sure they were going to add surfing/windsurfing, fishing/boating or some sort of fun water sport like jet skiing. :? The easiest thing to add would've been windsurfing, since it only requires a "go here" interaction on the water and negligible wave animations.

Same idea for jet skiing. 1-2 sims could sit on the jet ski. Then you'd get 2 options: 1 for "go here" to some place on the water. The 2nd for "go for a ride" which would let sims randomly route/path find their way around the water. This is similar to the way they go horseback riding. But unlike horseback riding, the jet ski isn't a sim with motives. So it would be far easier to animate.

When Seasons was announced, I put up a post with several boat watersport pics and the mods deleted it. :hunf: Then quite coincidentally, they advertised a new luxury yacht/boat object for the Sims Social's the very next day. :roll:

IMO they really missed out big by not including at least one water sport feature with Seasons :? Wonder why water sports were excluded with Seasons? Is it because they thought the animation was too difficult during the EP's planning & design phase? :? Or was it production schedule constraints? If so, then why not make that TS1 scuba tank available in the store? :? We got the basketball court and that was a high demand item. So why can't we get something like the TS1 scuba dive tank in future?

It's decisions like these which make me think they've completely given up on trying to make money :roll:
  • ameracis578ameracis578 Posts: 1,067 New Member
    edited October 2012
    They probably could've added scuba diving at the least. But boats woul've meant lots of routing I would assume.